List of referees? (for citizenship)

i have done a search for this on the forum, but have no luck

ie http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/659376-referees-and-identity-for-british-citizenship/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/589418-uk-naturalisationcitizenship-referees/

but when i click the link given in the reply in the thread, i cannot see the list. maybe they are now out of date

can someone please give me an up to date list of acceptable referees.???

would someone who owns their own small chain of estate agents be included on the list? i guess a headteacher would be on the list?

thanks for any help

Looking at the list below, and thinking of who we can ask, would a fireman (list says fire service official ) or a health visitor ( someone who visits house bound people in their homes to give them their medication and do injections ) ????? be acceptable

ive now answered my own question so no point in replying. thank you anyway, my fireman friend can act as referee

Edited by kunash

Accountant Airline pilot Articled clerk of a limited company Assurance agent of recognised company Bank/building society official Barrister British Computer Society (BCS) - Professional grades which are Associate (AMBCS), Member (MBCS), Fellow (FBCS) (PN 25/2003) Broker Chairman/director of limited company Chemist Chiropodist Christian Science practitioner Commissioner for oaths Councillor: local or county Civil servant (permanent) Dentist Designated Premises Supervisors Director/Manager of a VAT registered Charity Director/Manager/Personnel Officer of a VAT registered Company Driving instructor (approved) Engineer (with professional qualifications) Fire service official Funeral director Insurance agent (full time) of a recognised company Journalist Justice of the Peace Legal secretary (members and fellows of the Institute of legal secretaries) Local government officer Manager/Personnel officer (of limited company) Member of Parliament Member of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces Merchant Navy officer Minister of a recognised religion Nurse (RN, SEN or holder of a BA in nursing) Officer of the armed services (active or retired) Optician Paralegal (Certified or Qualified Paralegals, and Associate Members of the Institute of Paralegals) Person with honours (e.g. OBE, MBE etc.) Personal Licensee Holders Photographer (professional) Police officer Post Office official President/Secretary of a recognised organisation Salvation Army officer Social worker Solicitor Surveyor Teacher, lecturer Trade union officer Travel agency (qualified) Valuers and auctioneers (fellow and associate members of the incorporated society) Warrant officers and Chief Petty Officers

This list is not exhaustive! As a veterinary surgeon, I have done them. My head nurse (registered veterinary nurse) has also! Nobody came back to tell me they failed!

Note that doctors are not on the list but this is because they asked the powers that be to remove them because of the numbers of requests they get. Clearly people don't like dentists (or they need a bit of extra cash!) because they are on the list!!

A GP signed the applications for my wife's application.

This list is not exhaustive!

Indeed. The rules are quite relaxed and pretty much any upstanding person can sign as a professional referee.

My wife's professional referee was a charity shop manageress and the lady in question wasn't contacted and neither was my wife's personal referee. My wife used her for both citizenship and British passport applications with no problems whatsoever.