Uk Naturalisation/citizenship Referees

Afternoon,

My wife is eligible to apply for Naturalisation as a British Citizen in just over a month, and we have already started to look through the application form AN.

We are struggling to think of a referee with a professional background!

One our friends is a school teacher so thinking of asking him, and as we cant use our GP we are a bit stuck.

Another one of our friends works for the borough council, will he suffice?

We did think of asking the HR lady at my wife's company, but she has only worked there for just over 2 years not the required 3 years!

So any ideas and who did you use for your applications?

Thanks

From Guide AN

One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, such as a minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body, for example accountant or solicitor (but not representing you with this application). A list of acceptable professional persons can be found on our website.

The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

(My emphasis)

See also Referees: List of acceptable professional persons; teachers are on the list.

From Guide AN

One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, such as a minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body, for example accountant or solicitor (but not representing you with this application). A list of acceptable professional persons can be found on our website.

The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

(My emphasis)

See also Referees: List of acceptable professional persons; teachers are on the list.

I can't see Doctor on the list,which would be a sound choice? or would that come under Person of Professional standing?

From Guide AN

(My emphasis)

I can't see Doctor on the list,which would be a sound choice? or would that come under Person of Professional standing?

cant use Doctors for some reason !

You can use a doctor (as a vet I have done one or two!) if he or she is willing to do it. GP's requested removal from the list as they considered this type of application form was not a good use of their time!

The list is a guide but not exhaustive!