Please take shower before visiting Pattaya immigration

sojourner007

Why not put it to immo that they throw in a free shower as a goodwill gesture,and even offer a free laundry service would be hilaririous watching punters waiting inline with bath towels,and wouldn't it be fun for the knicker nickers.

Why not put it to immo that they throw in a free shower as a goodwill gesture,and even offer a free laundry service would be hilaririous watching punters waiting inline with bath towels,and wouldn't it be fun for the knicker nickers.

"watching punters waiting inline with bath towels,"

And probably a new experience for many of the punters ... the concept of a shower and a change of clothes more often than fortnightly.

I'm always glad to get in and out at Jomtien as quickly as possible, but sitting for a bit wouldn't be quite so bad if it weren't for the unwashed masses, which usually includes a few talking at the top of their voices and others who clearly stopped at a bar before joining in the "scrum."

Edited by Suradit69

Seriously, is it because they are unaware that they are highly offensive or.... they don't know they stink? Or they don't care?

It's a cultural thing, especially in some northern European countries and nearby islands. Farang-ness. Might be something to do with mating rituals or, alternatively, nanny state birth control.

French speaking, over 50 = the usual "smell bad", "lack personal hygiene" suspects.

IMHO the usual unimaginative French and senior bashing troll post.

No, British were also specifically mentioned.

i have no experience with French or German seniors but i experienced it with British, younger people. ..That didn't bath for weeks or months, in winter. Perhaps something to do with living conditions historically, no hot water.

It is the culture of washing the face only in the mornings and maybe at night. i thought it had changed, "modern times," but apparently not.

oh, yes, and the tube in London in summer! ugh! Disgusting!

Edited by Cat ji

Maybe they are not used to the hot climate ? Do they shower in the morning ?

But the worst smell comes from Indians and Pakistani. Garlic, chili and a sweaty body odor do not mix together.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

French speaking, over 50 = the usual "smell bad", "lack personal hygiene" suspects.

i have no experience with French or German seniors but i experienced it with British, younger people. ..That didn't bath for weeks or months, in winter. Perhaps something to do with living conditions historically, no hot water.

It is the culture of washing the face only in the mornings and maybe at night. i thought it had changed, "modern times," but apparently not.

Indians are probably the world leaders in body smells (and disregarding the comfort of others in that respect). A Thai friend of mine who worked in a hotel in Pattaya told me that the management reserved specific floors for them to avoid annoying guests of other nationalities with unpleasant odors. Thankfully not many Indian nationals come to the immigration office here yet. As for the French I suspect it might be a cultural thing. I even heard the expression 'French bath' which I think means just a washbasin without a shower or bathtub in the bathroom. That perhaps suggests that French do no regard showering as particularly necessary.

Indians are probably the world leaders in body smells (and disregarding the comfort of others in that respect). A Thai friend of mine who worked in a hotel in Pattaya told me that the management reserved specific floors for them to avoid annoying guests of other nationalities with unpleasant odors. Thankfully not many Indian nationals come to the immigration office here yet. As for the French I suspect it might be a cultural thing. I even heard the expression 'French bath' which I think means just a washbasin without a shower or bathtub in the bathroom. That perhaps suggests that French do no regard showering as particularly necessary.

LOL , French bath,

Love it clap2.gif

I think this is an issue all over town, supermarkets, shops, taxis, elevators in hotels, food outlets, some people have no care about personal hygiene.

disgusting.

if I see people with the wife beater T shirt on I stay well away from them.

stinking the place up.

bah.gif

Especialy with arm pit hair, thats never been cut, looking like stalagtites, urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, hygeine seems to go out the window everywhere, not just pattaya, the worst are the bangkok riff raff

Sweat doesn't smell if Your'e clean..

That, dear bobobo, is fully wrong. Most people smell what they eat.

Indians have been mentioned already because of the curry, cumint and garlic in their food, but it's true for many countries, and many foods and drinks.

Look by example here http://www.medicaldaily.com/you-are-what-you-eat-6-smelly-foods-are-actually-giving-you-bad-body-odor-298318 or Google it.

BTW people in Pattaya should remember that too much alcohol give a very bad smell too...

A better idea would be to have the offices on the left knocked down and porta-showers installed. That way we could all enter the office smelling like we just stepped out of the shower - because we have. Like that one, matey?

Admirable, but who is going the break up the inevitable ruckus when someone only entitled to their annual (extension) shower cuts into the 90-day (reporting) shower line?

And wear a shirt when your in public and away from the beach area, guy yesterday mincing around Friendship in just a pair of shorts, I know its hot right now, but everyone else manages it. Pure ignorance

It is about the only law that I would pay good money to see enforced. Oh, wait...

• Like 2

Jusr set up a mobile shower set up....and sell deo before any stankos can make it i side....I for one am tired of the excuses...its rhe diet its the heat......no its not showering enough, once a day doesnt cutt it. And use soap......but change your shirt two or rhree times a day as well.............Saturday bathing died with Robin Hood, and he lived in. The forest.......