Renewal with 30 day upon entry!

Please forgive me if this has been asked before, I've trawled to forum and died of boredom without finding the definitive answer.

I gained my original 30 day visa upon entering Thailand through Bangkok, I did a border run to Murkdahan get a 60 day visa, which expires on 15th, but my flight home is on 21st.

I'm planning on another run to Murkdahan, several days before the visa expires, and plan to get just a 30 day visa, the following questions arise:

• Can I get another visa before the old one has expired?
  • Do I have to go outside Thailand before rentering?
  • Can I get a 30 day visa at the border, or do I have to go through the consulate process again?
  • Can I do this all in one day, and be back in my own bed near Roi Et the same night?

The other option is to go to Bangkok a 6 or 7 days before my flight, can I get my visa renewed there and save the ballache of a border run?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Pete

You can apply for a 30 day extension of the 60 day entry the tourist visa gave you at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

If you are in Roi Ed you will need to go to the immigration office in Amnat Charon to apply for the extension.

• Like 1

I gained my original 30 day visa upon entering Thailand through Bangkok, I did a border run to Murkdahan get a 60 day visa, which expires on 15th, but my flight home is on 21st.

the "30 day" was probably a visa exempt entry, which you could have extended by 30 days by just going to your local immigrations office and paying Baht 1900.

Likewise your 60 day entry on a tourist visa can be extended by 30 days at immigrations. You can go in a week or so before the visa entry is about to expire. You'll still get a full 30 days added on to the 60.

NB Government offices including immigrations are closed on 6 April.

Edited by Suradit69

Thanks guys, I didn't realise I could extend a visa, I'm pretty new at all this and the rules are quite confusing. Having got it all wrong the first time I hope the next time will be a bit easier.... unless they change the rules!

Pete

Thanks guys, I didn't realise I could extend a visa, I'm pretty new at all this and the rules are quite confusing. Having got it all wrong the first time I hope the next time will be a bit easier.... unless they change the rules!

Note, you don't have a visa. You have a visa exempt entry. Then you get an "extension of stay", not "visa extension".

In the future it would be cheaper to obtain a torusit visa in your contry when planning to stay longer than 30 days.