Yellow house book. Whats that for

But should also have a blue book, however your name will not be in it,

but if you didn't receive one you should request urgently.

Why "urgently" ?

I don't know of any procedure where the condo Blue Book would be needed ??

I asked for the Blue Book after I bought my condo,

and they told me it had never been issued before for this condo wink.png

I bought a condo in Chiang Mai and received a yellow thabian baan. They said blue is for Thais only. The yellow book was easy to get at the CM district office; took a half hour.

One other potential use of the yellow thabian baan is that having one earns points on the 100-point scale for Thai citizenship. I assume it's also helpful when applying for permanent residence.

But should also have a blue book, however your name will not be in it, but if you didn't receive one you should request urgently.

The Chiang Mai district office said they did not issue blue books to foreigners. What's urgent about it?

The yellow book is a substitute to the blue book, not a replacement.

Every property has a blue book, if it has a legal address, not every foreigner has a yellow book.

My house has a blue book, with the address but no name on page 1, and a yellow book with the same address and my name.

• Like 1

I bought a condo in Chiang Mai and received a yellow thabian baan. They said blue is for Thais only. The yellow book was easy to get at the CM district office; took a half hour.

One other potential use of the yellow thabian baan is that having one earns points on the 100-point scale for Thai citizenship. I assume it's also helpful when applying for permanent residence.

But should also have a blue book, however your name will not be in it, but if you didn't receive one you should request urgently.

The Chiang Mai district office said they did not issue blue books to foreigners. What's urgent about it?

Every property has a blue book, if it has a legal address, not every foreigner has a yellow book.

My house has a blue book, with the address but no name on page 1, and a yellow book with the same address and my name.

In that case no blue book is necessary.

In that case no blue book is necessary.

And what if you have a Thai GF or wife?

Where she gonna register if you don't have blue book. She can't be in the yellow book either.

• Like 1

There is one simple rule for getting a Yellow Book

If your local Amphur makes you jump through a lot of hoops to get it, like having your passport translated into Thai, or having the village chief vouch for you, or providing evidence of your parents birth in your home country, forget about it because it is not worth the bother

If your local Amphur gives it to you with a minimum of fuss, then get it

• Like 1

But should also have a blue book, however your name will not be in it,

but if you didn't receive one you should request urgently.

Why "urgently" ?

I don't know of any procedure where the condo Blue Book would be needed ??

I asked for the Blue Book after I bought my condo,

and they told me it had never been issued before for this condo wink.png

Doesn't really matter if you have it or not, nothing urgent about it. If you want one it is very cheap to get it issued. I got one when I bought my condo in Naklua 10 years ago. The current farang owner didn't have one and the wife took me to City Hall on North Pattaya Rd to get it.

A couple of years ago new blue books for the entire condo were distributed by the condo manager. I think it was to correct the numbering system (such as 442/21 is Unit 805 etc.)

If your permanently living in Thailand then it's well worth the small effort to get your own

Yellow Book in my opinion as proof of registration of address.

It replaces the need for Certificates of Residence, issued free of charge and doesn't have any expiry date.

It's a 5 hour trip to my Immigration Office and there are reports that some offices have

now stopped issuing Certificates of Residence.

Here is just a few examples I found of it's use:

1. Annual extensions at Immigration

2. Buying a new vehicle.

3. Selling a vehicle.

4. Obtaining/renewing Driving Licences.

5. Renewing vehicle tax/insurance

6. Tax office registration

7. Opening store accounts

8. Opening bank accounts.

• Like 2

If your permanently living in Thailand then it's well worth the small effort to get your own

Yellow Book in my opinion as proof of registration of address.

It replaces the need for Certificates of Residence, issued free of charge and doesn't have any expiry date.

It's a 5 hour trip to my Immigration Office and there are reports that some offices have

now stopped issuing Certificates of Residence.

Here is just a few examples I found of it's use:

1. Annual extensions at Immigration

2. Buying a new vehicle.

3. Selling a vehicle.

4. Obtaining/renewing Driving Licences.

5. Renewing vehicle tax/insurance

6. Tax office registration

7. Opening store accounts

8. Opening bank accounts.

Well said. I have found the yellow book invaluable for these purposes. It is also scores points on the 100-point scale towards citizenship, should you ever apply.