Prayut to get names of 100 corrupt officials next week

Lite Beer

No, it needs to be done and this government is actually functioning as a government now that the police have been taken out of Thaksin's control.

Why weren't the police arresting criminals before? no need to answer that as I gave you a massive clue in the first sentence.

Actually functioning as a government ?

So you see such things as holding people without due process for AA, sending re-education units into villages, ordering no criticism in the media or expect a summons, no negative opinion polls and absolute control in the hands of one man as normal govt functions ?

Would you accept that in your own home country ?

If you are asking me do I accept the holding of bombers, lese majeste offenders (that's the law I'm afraid) and agitators that are trying to disrupt the vitally needed work in order to return to 'fair' democracy, yes I do!! If they need a talking to about their behaviour so that they understand what is needed in order to behave themselves then I agree with that too.

I haven't heard about this re-education in the villages - but excellent news if it is true as they can unclog their brains of the Thaksin/red shirt lies that were programmed into them as they grew up (a little bit like undergoing a cranial detox).

They haven't ordered a 'no criticism' in the media, they have told them to produce factually based articles that reflect the truth and not distorted lies because their own personal politics do not fit well with the governments.

I suppose the good general deems it necessary (has no choice really) to implement certain policies that are unpopular as the previous government left such a mess behind them that makes it more difficult to achieve what he wants without the finances at his disposal (Yingluck's government stole or wasted 600 billion baht, remember) and he doesn't want negative press or polls to arm the agitators intent on derailing his mission because he has taken their honey pot away from them and cannot enrich themselves any more.

He has repeated that article 44. is not much different to marshal law (probably less harsh if anything) and he will only use it against criminals and to implement laws much more expediently (they don't need scrutiny or approval from parliament), concentrating on those that are most urgent and vitally needed ones first such as with the aviation industry, fisheries and on human trafficking.

I would have been delighted to accept this rule back in the UK instead of having to put up with successive Tory governments - in particular the Thatcher ones!!!

BS and not even the good stuff.

Trolls live under bridges not on a discussion forum even as one of gingjags support network of secret conspiracies.

i would have been delighted to accept this instead of Maggie, what a pitiful excuse as a comparison and i had no love for the woman.

There is no support network on TVF just for the PM.------- only the one of the minority NO SUPPORT for the PM.

You have in 3 posts stated you had no time for the Shins and PTP------you have no time for the PM now-------you had no time for Maggie------you have no time for your fellow posters apart from the PM bashers------who do you want, what do you want------and please do not spoil it by saying you want an election now.

• Like 1

Election! There. I said it. smile.png

Just because you can't have a vote here doesn't mean citizens shouldn't have one. Now, not later.

Edited by rijb

100 .... Uhhh did he explain why such a low number or he think people are so clueless to see its a disgrace, it should be 10,000 to start with, then next week 20,000 and so and so and so ....

I can give him a few names from CM Imm., BiB etc.

A quick look then " not him or him or her and definitely not him, the rest are yours so get on with it. "

The headlines will read that the PM has ordered action against corrupt officials but without any report on how many have ' escaped ' and why except maybe ' insufficient evidence ' despite the Justice Minister saying there is.

How many corrupt officials did Yingluck bring to justice? It wasn't even 1% of this - in fact it was a big fat zero!!!

whoa. Don't you remember the Phuket land encroachment investigations? The local democrat controlled Phuket government officials refused to co-operate. It's nice to say Yingluck didn't, but the reality si that the corruption is so deep, so endemic, that it requires drastic action.

Tell you what. I will join you in singing the praises of the current military junta when it arrests and convicts just one of the scumbag mobsters who have run the transport cartel, the jet skis, and are responsible for the land encroachments.

I sound like a looped message, but the reality is that the Suthep faction is still very much in control in the South and they are not going to give up without a fight.

BTW, come back and let me know when the alleged Royal Thai Navy officials involved in the Rohingya abuses and smuggling are arrested and a charged. Worst kept secret isn't it?

A quick look then " not him or him or her and definitely not him, the rest are yours so get on with it. "

The headlines will read that the PM has ordered action against corrupt officials but without any report on how many have ' escaped ' and why except maybe ' insufficient evidence ' despite the Justice Minister saying there is.

How many corrupt officials did Yingluck bring to justice? It wasn't even 1% of this - in fact it was a big fat zero!!!

whoa. Don't you remember the Phuket land encroachment investigations? The local democrat controlled Phuket government officials refused to co-operate. It's nice to say Yingluck didn't, but the reality si that the corruption is so deep, so endemic, that it requires drastic action.

Tell you what. I will join you in singing the praises of the current military junta when it arrests and convicts just one of the scumbag mobsters who have run the transport cartel, the jet skis, and are responsible for the land encroachments.

I sound like a looped message, but the reality is that the Suthep faction is still very much in control in the South and they are not going to give up without a fight.

BTW, come back and let me know when the alleged Royal Thai Navy officials involved in the Rohingya abuses and smuggling are arrested and a charged. Worst kept secret isn't it?

I don't care who is arrested for corruption, reds, yellows, democrats, PTP, army, Police, Tom, Dick or Harry!!

It is just good to see that PEOPLE are being brought to account for their past actions and inexcusable behaviour. Go after Suthep, go after Yingluck, go after the army eventually. The government cannot investigate everyone at once as they don't have the resources or personnel to do this.

It just so happens that the reds (police, PTP MPs, and their hand picked government officials) seem to have indulged to a far greater extent than the army and democrats have.

If the army have committed corruption then charge them and don't let them get away with it. Sort them all out and put them in prison - this will shoot the corruption ratings up so that Thailand can be one of the most corruption free nations in South East Asia. Give him a chance to do this and set this in stone so that the next government is forced to continue this work with non governmental agencies without influence or bias or face punishment if they fail to!!

Wait, let me guess. Exactly zero of the corrupt officials will be military. Even though the military is the most corrupt organization in Thailand.

Very good point actually.

I am sure there may well be some military figures on this list. Though the military would be very weary about delving into activities involving corruption especially after Major-General Jenronnarong Detwan was arrested in July, 2014 by the military and charged with extortion. That arrest is an example that no one escapes the law now days irrespective of the color of their shirt. The country has come along way my friend. Not long ago when a minister was caught lying he were not held to account, but instead defended by his boss.

Look no further than the report on the claims of torture by the military to see that the Junta are sincere in allowing transparent investigations to be held and reported on. This action the Junta have taken on corruption has been reflected in Thailand corruption index going in the right direction on the rankings.

If found guilty I look forward to these people being held to account for their actions and the corruption index improving again.

Edited by djjamie

How does a state worker get to declare 102million baht of assets, give away 465million to his family and claim them as expenses...plus the hidden wealth. Ask Prayuth he knows. How does an Army General save $20,000,000 in Thailand. This guys got some brass to investigate state officials

• Like 1

How does a state worker get to declare 102million baht of assets, give away 465million to his family and claim them as expenses...plus the hidden wealth. Ask Prayuth he knows. How does an Army General save $20,000,000 in Thailand. This guys got some brass to investigate state officials

Pray tell us more.

• Like 1

Wait, let me guess. Exactly zero of the corrupt officials will be military. Even though the military is the most corrupt organization in Thailand.

Obviously very well briefed and fully up to speed on all the organisations in Thailand, NOT.

The most annoying aspect of the Establishment and anti-democracy wing of The Thai power struggle is the way that it manages to conflate totally separate issues. It did it with the two coups. Anyone who believed in democracy as a form of government was forced willy-nilly to defend the Shins, because corrupt, incompetent and dishonest as they were, they were the only game in town offering people the opportunity to choose their own government.

It's the same story now. Of course, any normal person is anti-corruption, and any normal person would want to see corrupt officials prosecuted. But that's not the issue. The far larger issue is that the people who are supposedly doing this good work appointed themselves to run the country at gunpoint, have disenfranchised the entire population, view themselves as accountable to nobody, and have suspended the rule of law. And we're supposed to applaud because they are going task a few selected officials with lining their own pockets.

There already exists on Thai statue books more than enough laws to investigate and prosecute corrupt officials. The reason why why these laws have never been properly enforced is a complex one, and has as much to do with social mores and cultural habit as anything else. For Thailand to succeed in stamping out systemic corruption, the impetus will need to come from within the society itself, and it will require a whole shift in the national psyche away from the kreng jai, say nothing, don't criticize your betters mindset which, ironically, is what this military government is hell bent on perpetuating in spades.

100 token officials? It makes for good headlines and fools the uncritical. A successful red herring.

• Like 2

I would suggest anyone who has been able to save millions of US dollars while only making $43,000 per year, and claims he is not a businessman, should be on that list. Perhaps at the very top.

Of course, you would have to search high and low to find someone who fits that profile. I personally wouldn't know where to start.

The most annoying aspect of the Establishment and anti-democracy wing of The Thai power struggle is the way that it manages to conflate totally separate issues. It did it with the two coups. Anyone who believed in democracy as a form of government was forced willy-nilly to defend the Shins, because corrupt, incompetent and dishonest as they were, they were the only game in town offering people the opportunity to choose their own government.

It's the same story now. Of course, any normal person is anti-corruption, and any normal person would want to see corrupt officials prosecuted. But that's not the issue. The far larger issue is that the people who are supposedly doing this good work appointed themselves to run the country at gunpoint, have disenfranchised the entire population, view themselves as accountable to nobody, and have suspended the rule of law. And we're supposed to applaud because they are going task a few selected officials with lining their own pockets.

There already exists on Thai statue books more than enough laws to investigate and prosecute corrupt officials. The reason why why these laws have never been properly enforced is a complex one, and has as much to do with social mores and cultural habit as anything else. For Thailand to succeed in stamping out systemic corruption, the impetus will need to come from within the society itself, and it will require a whole shift in the national psyche away from the kreng jai, say nothing, don't criticize your betters mindset which, ironically, is what this military government is hell bent on perpetuating in spades.

100 token officials? It makes for good headlines and fools the uncritical. A successful red herring.

If I may refer to your first paragraph, isn't that exactly why we need reforms, so that the only choice is not a pack of criminals?

Isn't a short period where those reforms are carried out, justifiable? Would it hurt so much to admit that the corrupt are being prosecuted in that time?

Post 151.

So i am supposed to support someone or something i don't believe in ?

I'm not allowed to have likes or dislikes unless they meet with your approval ?

You sound more like your hero with every post.

• Like 2

If I may refer to your first paragraph, isn't that exactly why we need reforms, so that the only choice is not a pack of criminals?

Isn't a short period where those reforms are carried out, justifiable? Would it hurt so much to admit that the corrupt are being prosecuted in that time?

"If I may refer to your first paragraph, isn't that exactly why we need reforms, so that the only choice is not a pack of criminals?"

Why was the only choice a pack of criminals? The ironically named Democrat party refused flat out to participate in the democratic process not once, but twice. The solution to the Shins was to have them voted out through the ballot box - something that was perfectly feasible to achieve. They were making such a mess of the economy that ANY professional campaign manager worth the name would have given their eye teeth for that kind of material on which to base an imaginative and aggressive election campaign. Certainly the Democrats had the funds available to mount one. But they were too lazy and too stupid to do so, preferring to try and ride back into power again on the coattails of the military.

Well, it looks like that might be a long time coming. There is nothing to suggest that the military has any intention at all of restoring a democratic government chosen by the population at large. At some point they might allow people to vote for some token, pre-vetted representatives as a form of window dressing, but even these will be a minority in a legislature dominated by appointees. Democracy is dead in Thailand for the foreseeable future, and the Democrats as a genuine political party have committed hari kiri. It's easy to blame the Shins. But the Shins simply are what they are. The burden of guilt lies with the 'democratic' opposition who refused to fulfill their duty.

"Isn't a short period where those reforms are carried out, justifiable?"

What reforms? You mean reforms that in perpetuity stuff the legislature with hand-picked appointees?

"Would it hurt so much to admit that the corrupt are being prosecuted in that time?"

When the IRA, who gain their legitimacy through the barrel of a gun, hold its own courts and tries people for crimes like drug dealing or car theft, is it a valid and legal process?

• Like 1

I would suggest anyone who has been able to save millions of US dollars while only making $43,000 per year, and claims he is not a businessman, should be on that list. Perhaps at the very top.

Of course, you would have to search high and low to find someone who fits that profile. I personally wouldn't know where to start.

We may need two lists.

The list of the topic only has government bureaucrats.

We may need two lists.

The list of the topic only has government bureaucrats.

Uncle Rubi you and uncle Costa's are so funny

Why don't you share the mirth with others on this site?

<<snip>>

It's not really 100 "token" officials. These 100 will be carefully selected people who are mostly from "the non-righteous side", plus a few minor token ones from "our" side.

<<snip>>

It's not really 100 "token" officials. These 100 will be carefully selected people who are mostly from "the non-righteous side", plus a few minor token ones from "our" side.

Since you seem to have been privileged to have had a glance on the document even PM Prayut hasn't seen yet (allegedly that is), may be you should share with us lesser species.wai.gif