Phuket tour bus overturns in Krabi

Lite Beer

Phuket tour bus overturns in Krabi
Eakkapop Thongtub

1428120494_1-org.jpg

21 of the 33 passengers on board the bus were taken to hospital.

PHUKET: A tour bus from the Phuket Central Tour Company overturned on the Khaotor-Tub Pud Rd in Krabi’s Plai Phraya District this morning (April 4) leaving many passengers injured, two seriously.

Rescue workers took the 21 injured passengers to Tub Pud Hospital in Phang-Nga and Plai Phraya Hospital in Krabi.

Initial investigations found that the tour bus was taking 33 passengers from Phuket Bus Station toKrabi, where it overturned.

Police are currently searching for the driver.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tour-bus-overturns-in-krabi-51722.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-04

Read the news blurt again, the "Initial investigations found that the tour bus was taking 33 passengers from Phuket Bus Station toKrabi, where it overturned." THERE'S No Driver...So...we can assume the bus is at fault here. Seriously... the tall, loud, stickered window, drinking driveN buses are all ILLEGAL and the POLICE don't do a god-damn thing...why...they're paid not to see them. Enough please.... TOURIST BEWARE!

• Like 2

Well yet another senseless accident AND lo and behold the driver is missing. The injured well they were taken to local hospital and the Tour Company says absolutely nothing. What more can we expect from Thailands Thainess....common-sense and law enforcement ......in your dreams

• Like 2

These drivers are always anonymous -and the tour companies state they have no names. OK no problem. Arrest the managing director and senior staff and keep them locked up until such time as they reveal personal details of the drivers to enable him/her to be found. Charge- withholding information for starters.They would soon learn.

But this accident apart, it is high time the new government got serious about motoring offences. Nominal 100/200bt fines are laughed at, and prevent nothing. Lets have minimum fines of 5.000baht for ANY motoring offence. For those that say the poor Thais could not pay -they would not have to if they did not break the law! And if they had to pay once, chances are the majority would keep within the law in future

Did u already seen a policeman stop a bus which is over the speed limit ?

The speed limit for a bus or a coach is here, in Thailand ,80 km/h ;

I'm living here since eight years ; I never saw that but ALL the coaches, lign or tourism are always going faster than 80 km/h ...

post-102759-0-65115100-1428144374_thumb.

• Like 1

I think it may be a good idea if the Thais published a multi lingual Highway Code and had short public information broadcasts onThai TV on how to drive more skillfully. How to give way, overtake, etc at the moment they seem to make everything up as they go along.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think it may be a good idea if the Thais published a multi lingual Highway Code and had short public information broadcasts onThai TV on how to drive more skillfully. How to give way, overtake, etc at the moment they seem to make everything up as they go along.

The driving test should cover all this.

What does the Thai driving test cover ? Very little.

I wish the passengers a speedy recovery.

As for the rest of the story - whats new? Driver runs away. No need to run if you're not guilty! coffee1.gif

Edit: Spelling error.

Edited by lvr181

The driver will turn himself in within the next few days after he has thought up a plan what to say, or that he went to see his doctor and his doctor said stay home you are depressed, the hub capital of the world for bus crashes, pathetic

• Like 1

Again.....we see it every day.....!

But it would be nice if the international media could be interested enough to start a continuing saga of the Thai roads.....it seems the only way that the authorities make any effort to do something......

But...now we have Songkran next week...........mai pen rai.......another 300+ road deaths.......

• Like 1

To be honest, this week I took the "airporthuahinbus" from airport Suvarnabhumi to Cha-am and, I have also had the same previous experience, they drove very carfully and not to fast.

By many other buses we were brought in.

That company I can certainly recommend.

• Like 1

So many times people killed or injured on Thai roads!

Why do they have to dive so fast and erratic.

Seems though they have a death wish, pity they take others with them.

It's not just Thais, there were Farangs on a topic about driving in Thailand in yesterdays Thaivisa admitting to driving at around 140 Kph.

We ex-pats are horrified by these daily happenings because we are educated people from countries that respect human life and "health and safety".

Thailand and Thais are different. Different culture different people.

Thais do not accept responsibility for anything, thus the driver running away.

And as for the accident ?? not a prang, not a minor incident, but as always, a major accident, bus turning over.

Makes me wonder why this nonsense doesn't registers in anyones' head. And then I come back, as always, to the thought, "This is Thailand".

Read my post #25.

Another example of road safety in Thailand! Death toll over 26'000 per year = more than 71 PER DAY!

I'm read in other news it's 38.2 people out of 100000 people and there is 750000000 ( million ) people in Thailand so you just double it up. So many people go die every day.

Then i talk about hole Thailand. And this is only road accident not calculated with normal death.

These drivers are always anonymous -and the tour companies state they have no names. OK no problem. Arrest the managing director and senior staff and keep them locked up until such time as they reveal personal details of the drivers to enable him/her to be found. Charge- withholding information for starters.They would soon learn.

But this accident apart, it is high time the new government got serious about motoring offences. Nominal 100/200bt fines are laughed at, and prevent nothing. Lets have minimum fines of 5.000baht for ANY motoring offence. For those that say the poor Thais could not pay -they would not have to if they did not break the law! And if they had to pay once, chances are the majority would keep within the law in future

Did u already seen a policeman stop a bus which is over the speed limit ?

The speed limit for a bus or a coach is here, in Thailand ,80 km/h ;

I'm living here since eight years ; I never saw that but ALL the coaches, lign or tourism are always going faster than 80 km/h ...

attachicon.gifDSCN4460_limitations de vitesses.jpg

Sign is useless all car truck and busses drive to fast and to cloose even police drive bad they also police.

Police have to be a front person there know everything about the driving rules... sarcasme can be here...

Do same as police is it therefor everyone drive to fast?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So many times people killed or injured on Thai roads!

Why do they have to dive so fast and erratic.

Seems though they have a death wish, pity they take others with them.

It's not just Thais, there were Farangs on a topic about driving in Thailand in yesterdays Thaivisa admitting to driving at around 140 Kph.

Driving fast is not dangerous, driving erratically is, we are all travelling at about 67000 miles an hour round the sun.