Favourite hangout spots in Bangkok anyone?

Ayutthaya11

Starbucks in Terminal 21 for babe-spotting.

The following put me off the place for about a month though:

One evening this gorgeous Thai babe happened to be seated at the table next to mine scribbling with pen on paper. I screw up my courage to the sticking point and say to her it's refreshing to see someone write and not tap. She looks up at me like I'd just crawled out of her croissant but deigns to answer in perfectly accented English, "I am writing poetry."

That's all the opening I need. I tell her I love poetry, had a minor in literature in college, still read in my spare time and ask what she's writing about. She answers it's about the pain chicken feel when farmers take away their eggs to sell.

I didn't know what to say. I think I nodded, finished my cappuccino and left quickly. To this day I have no idea if she was serious or yanking my chain.

I know what she means.

Where do chickens live? Chicken ......

What ryhmes with that word. Think of an event that happened here in thailand last year.

Sadness and loss feature much in buddist teachings. DUkka and sokaya, I BElieve it is in pali (is it sanskrit? I DOnt know)

Its what we feel when something dear to us is taken away

• Like 1

One evening this gorgeous Thai babe happened to be seated at the table next to mine scribbling with pen on paper. I screw up my courage to the sticking point and say to her it's refreshing to see someone write and not tap. She looks up at me like I'd just crawled out of her croissant but deigns to answer in perfectly accented English, "I am writing poetry."

That's all the opening I need. I tell her I love poetry, had a minor in literature in college, still read in my spare time and ask what she's writing about. She answers it's about the pain chicken feel when farmers take away their eggs to sell.

I didn't know what to say. I think I nodded, finished my cappuccino and left quickly. To this day I have no idea if she was serious or yanking my chain.

I know what she means.

What ryhmes with that word. Think of an event that happened here in thailand last year.

Sadness and loss feature much in buddist teachings. DUkka and sokaya, I BElieve it is in pali (is it sanskrit? I DOnt know)

"Where do chickens live? Chicken ......

What ryhmes with that word. Think of an event that happened here in thailand last year."
Are you sure you know what she (or anything) means?
Chickens live in a coop, it rhymes with hoop, droop, group, loop, troop, troupe, soup amongst others. There was a military coup here last year but coup rhymes with boo, do, goo, rue, sue, to, coo, you etc. There certainly wasn't a military coop.
  • Like 1

I know what she means.

What ryhmes with that word. Think of an event that happened here in thailand last year."
Chickens live in a coop, it rhymes with hoop, droop, group, loop, troop, troupe, soup amongst others. There was a military coup here last year but coup rhymes with boo, do, goo, rue, sue, to, coo, you etc. There certainly wasn't a military coop.

Wow, nice to see some really sharp people mingling here on TV. I'll admit melting's post had me stumped.

You certainly know how to live Stan:-), or do you just not trust yourself with drink inside you?

Well there have been "incidents", but I drink at home or a friends place mostly because of the cost. 44thb for 500ml of beer vs 70thb (or higher) for a single glass of the same beer. I only drink at pubs when I'm invited and I avoid clubs because I like to see and hear and not shout.

I know what she means.

It's a semiryhme. Is that okay Mr Walt Whitman cum (thats koom to you and me) Robert Frost.

Liked The Londoner before it closed down.

The Comedy Club soi 33/1 is good when they have famous stand up acts visit.

Bombay Blues and Desi Beats, Indian restaurants with rooftop views and cushion seating. Thonglor Soi 10.

Seenspace, bar plaza on Thonglor Soi 13.

Kuroda, 500 Baht a la carte sushi buffet on Ekkamai.