Doing 90 day report for someone else.

I did a 90 day report a few years ago for a friend recovering from surgery at Chang Wattana with no problem. He had pulled the form from the 'net and filled it out,

I did my own 90 day at the same time. No questions asked.

• Like 1

When Immigration officials came and spoke at the Chiang Mai Expats Club they said that when another person files a 90 day report for someone they need to bring an "authorization". They made it sound like just anything in writing would do. As mentioned, I've filed 90 day reports for my husband and for others in the hospital (with a letter from the hospital) without anyone at Immigration asking for an "authorization" from the person, but I guess there's always a first time. It probably wouldn't hurt to bring a simple "letter of authorization" from the person listed on the TM 47, especially if it's someone who isn't a spouse.

Come to think about it, that rings a bell, actually. Thinking back to when I did my friends 90 day report mentioned in my previous post I do remember some kind of permission document he included. I do not recall if it was a form or just a handwritten note.