Why Mostly Men Come To Thailand

Neeranam

Maybe some gay people here can answer my question as to why is it mostly men that come to Thailand for the young women/men?

I've met many foreign, gay men with young Thai men but only once a woman with a woman.

Actually, there are a lot of lesbian Thai woman with western men. :o

Are there more gay men than women, in general?

Edited by Neeranam

Maybe some gay people here can answer my question as to why is it mostly men that come to Thailand for the young women/men?

I've met many foreign, gay men with young Thai men but only once a woman with a woman.

Actually, there are a lot of lesbian Thai woman with western men. :o

Are there more gay men than women, in general?

as i heard from my friends in this board. they told me that thais are more open about homosexual and also personality.

i don't know what you think but i heard about that.

i'm not sure, but if you are gay men, you probably wanna go only place that full of men :D don't you think? in fact i hardly see lesbian.

Good question, Neeranam. Because Thailand tolerates more openness about male homosexuality than about lesbianism, the women are more in the closet. I met a retired professor with her lady friend who appeared to be lesbians, but I can't tell.

Twice recently, my boyfriend has had to point out to me that a cute young 'man' was really a tomboy "Tom." I think lesbian couples have been around forever, hiding and even having husbands. Since Thailand is known as a good place for gay men, but not famous as a place for gay women, the farang women might be reluctant or unknowning, to come here.

I did meet a former missionary woman who had an affair with a lady; she left or she got kicked out of her missionary group, I think.

Good question, Neeranam. Because Thailand tolerates more openness about male homosexuality than about lesbianism, the women are more in the closet. I met a retired professor with her lady friend who appeared to be lesbians, but I can't tell.

Twice recently, my boyfriend has had to point out to me that a cute young 'man' was really a tomboy "Tom." I think lesbian couples have been around forever, hiding and even having husbands. Since Thailand is known as a good place for gay men, but not famous as a place for gay women, the farang women might be reluctant or unknowning, to come here.

I did meet a former missionary woman who had an affair with a lady; she left or she got kicked out of her missionary group, I think.

PB i havent seen another country more open about lesbianism. here in chiang mai, so many tom and dee's. and i think its a known fact to farang ladies that lesbianism is quite prominent here in thailand, so much so the same level as homosexual men. its a good question though and believe not answered or probably no answer to it.

perhaps the "missionary position" didnt work? :o:D

Edited by tigerbeer

I think the OP was referring to foreign lesbians coming to Bangkok and barfining 'straight' go go dancers who are up for a bit of fish on fridays.

My guess is that western lesbians are looking something a bit more profound than the $$-based romp that males (whether hetero or homo) can come to terms with easier.

How can you spot a lesbian <western> if they are not showing physical affection in public?

I have no idea! But I would assume that the same percentage of them travel here as non-lesbian women on a per capita basis (errr as present in the population .... balanced against the number of women travelling)

How can you spot a lesbian <western> if they are not showing physical affection in public?

Same question gay male <western> ?

There were some gay guys who worked as teachers at Berlitz, and I swear you'd never have guessed from the way they looked (no Versace shirts, like what I've got)

Its like that last line in Orwell's Animal Farm about how the farmers and the animals have become indistinguishable.

Well, sometimes if you are friends with them, they will tell you.

The gay Berlitz teachers didn't like me, as I'd written a letter to the Post muttering about the sleazy characters proliferating around that part of Sukhumvit, and I made the fatal mistake of defining the sleazies as "American".

They thought I meant them, but I didn't, I meant the tattoo'ed hairy hells angel types in vests (straight).

Nearly lost my job over the furor the angry gay American teachers caused. Luckily the chief teacher was French, so he laughed it off.

Edited by Papa_Lazarou