Scam on Kao Sahn Road

KSR is a shithole. Stinks of piss/shit/vomit, middle of nowhere, tourist trap, full of backpacker cocks getting ripped off by tuk tuk drivers and fortune tellers.......dreadlock-growing, fire juggling, tye-dye wearing, naive, cheapskate backpacking f**kwits. What a shithole.

It has its positives. I quite like some of the local talent. Also, a wide range of cheap and abundant food. All in all, plenty of fun times to be had there.

Local talent? You mean Freelance Prostitutes?

You may indeed acquire a 50THB Phad Thai if that's what floats your boat. However you'll also have to endure middle class kids thinking they're on some form of spiritual crusade because they've spent a month on the same tiny stretch of Bangkok street, paying 300THB a night in some bed bug-ridden cesspit whilst drinking big Changs from 7/11 every night.

• Like 1

KSR is a shithole. Stinks of piss/shit/vomit, middle of nowhere, tourist trap, full of backpacker cocks getting ripped off by tuk tuk drivers and fortune tellers.......dreadlock-growing, fire juggling, tye-dye wearing, naive, cheapskate backpacking f**kwits. What a shithole.

It has its positives. I quite like some of the local talent. Also, a wide range of cheap and abundant food. All in all, plenty of fun times to be had there.

Local talent? You mean Freelance Prostitutes?

You may indeed acquire a 50THB Phad Thai if that's what floats your boat. However you'll also have to endure middle class kids thinking they're on some form of spiritual crusade because they've spent a month on the same tiny stretch of Bangkok street, paying 300THB a night in some bed bug-ridden cesspit whilst drinking big Changs from 7/11 every night.

Haha, the middle classes ... oh how 'travelling' has changed from my day

Totally agree with you there. Getting by on as little money as possible all while photographer and posting on Facebook on their expensive smartphones!!

There are a lot of free lance chicks around but have seen plenty of straight up girls hanging out in the area, especially Phra Arthit and the street beyond Rambuttri the runs off that roundabout/square thing at end of Rambuttri (Tanee?)

Some girls maybe checking out the young people vibe in the area too but it's definitely changed. Phra Arthit is almost all Thai with Thai bars and eating places, big groups hanging out and that's without mentioning Samsen Road too

• Like 1

"Also, a wide range of cheap and abundant food."

Yes that's right: pad thai, pad thai and pad thai. Best selection ever.

Nonsense. There are tons and tons of Thai food stalls in that area, Rambuttri, Phra Arthit ... huge selection!!

We are talking about KSR specifically not other places.

On KSR there is a much higher percentage of pad thai venders compared to other places. This is simply a fact.

That's just one tiny street though and there is other food stuff there on the street itself even though there seems a lot of pad thai (don't forget pancakes ;))

I think when talking of 'khao san' these days it's really more than just that one street, the connecting streets too and then the choice is up there with plenty of other areas in BKK, for me

• Like 1

That's just one tiny street though and there is other food stuff there on the street itself even though there seems a lot of pad thai (don't forget pancakes ;))

I think when talking of 'khao san' these days it's really more than just that one street, the connecting streets too and then the choice is up there with plenty of other areas in BKK, for me

Correct! Also, there is a concentration of restaurants serving Western food at prices not available elsewhere in Bangkok.