re-entry permits

I am on a 1 year retirement visa expiring next March. Does anybody know the price for a single re-entry and the price for multilple re-entry? If I get a multiple re-entry will that expire when my 1 year visa expires or can I continue to use on extending my retirement visa?

Do you have an actual VISA issued by an embassy / consulate? Is it multi-entry?

If so you don't need a re-entry permit until the 'enter before' date has passed. Indeed, if you do a border hop just before the 'enter before' date you'll get another 1 year permission to stay. So 2 years out of a 1 year visa, good eh? You will of course need a re-entry permit to keep this second stay alive.

Ignore the above if you have a retirement extension from immigration inside Thailand.

I am on a 1 year retirement visa expiring next March.

Do you mean you got a non-imm O-A from an embassy? If so, it's multi-entry until the "use by" date printed on the visa, so you wouldn't need a re-entry permit. As said above, if you do a border hop before the actual visa expires, you'll get another year's permission to stay, but during that period, since the visa will have expired, you would need a re-entry permit.

If you mean you have a one year extension of stay (not a visa) stamp given to you at an immigration office, yes to go out and return to Thailand without losing your permission to stay, you will need a re-entry permit and yes the re-entry permit will expire on the same day as your extension of stay (or as soon as you use it if it's a single re-entry permit).

If you get a multi re-entry permit or a single, it's maximum life with be the same as the extension of stay you (apparently) just got.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Talking of Re-Entry permits, is it a 24 hour service at Bkk Airport, I recall a post by someone saying there where certain times when you can't get it, whereas previous posts have said its 24/7 I'd rather pay the extra 200 Baht for less hassle than waiting at Jomtien which is packed out most days.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't had time to go to immigration to get my re-entry. Is the airport a reliable service I can count on? Do I need to bring anything?

I'm departing on Sunday morning..

Edited by mortenaa

I haven't had time to go to immigration to get my re-entry. Is the airport a reliable service I can count on? Do I need to bring anything?

I'm departing on Sunday morning..

It serves hundreds of people 24/7 since inception, I would call it reliable. Yo do not need to bring anything.