Any GOOD farang films based on/in Thailand anyone?

Apart from the obvious " The Beach, Bangkok dangerous, The hangover part 2, Brokedown palace (although it was set in Malaysia and was shit), only God forgives, kickboxer and The Impossible" are there any GOOD farang films I may of not seen based on/in Thailand?

I've seen more than the above just can't think of any right now and I'm pretty sure Thailand may have made some decent films but seen as my Thai is so crap this is why I'm asking for farang (English speaking films).

The only half decent one I can think of is "Teddy Bear". It's about a bodybuilder from Denmark who goes to Thailand. It is worth watching, not great but not total garbage like "Bangkok Dangerous" or all the rest mentioned in the OP.

Totally agree a lot I mentioned is crap but I just didn't want people stating the obvious

Came across a copy of Emmanuelle in Bangkok recently. The first half was filmed in Bkk in the 70s. Despite the obvious limitations of the genre, it was actually quite well filmed and there are some nice shots of the city as it was, showing vintage taxis and stuff.

• Like 1

The only half decent one I can think of is "Teddy Bear". It's about a bodybuilder from Denmark who goes to Thailand. It is worth watching, not great but not total garbage like "Bangkok Dangerous" or all the rest mentioned in the OP.

Thanks for recommending that film. Just watched it, Was a good film.

Well to answer this question. I have been a casting director (I also put myself into the films for dual paysmile.png ) for 14 major motion pictures shot on location in Thailand. Among them are: The Deer Hunter, Casualties of War, Air America, Heaven and Earth, Dumbo Drop, Rescue Dawn, A Bright, Shining Lie, Good Morning Viet Nam, 3 Van Damme movies I can't remember the names of, and others. The most fun I had was living with Mel Gibson for 2 months in Mae Hong Son shooting Air America. The toughest actor to get along with by far, was Van Damme with Sean Penn running a tight second. Also fun actors were Michael J. Fox, Tim Thomerson, Art LaFleur, Bill Paxton and Marshall Bell. The funniest actor bar none was Robin Williams.

I wish I could remember the names of all the other movies I was in here in Thailand, but my old, addled brain doesn't seem to be functioning very well anymore.

• Like 1

The Man with the Golden Gun - interesting shots of BKK without so much traffic in the early eighties or late seventies.

Also The King And I - especially the later one with Jodie Foster. Not available in Thailand of course but nice scenery and sets . Based on very dubious history.