creatine works

robblok

i would suggest the ignorant remarks is from the creatine users, who like to think they look much bigger because of the puffy look creatine gives you ... waste of money , it took me 17 years of cycling it to understand that it is of no benifit long term ... what i do know is i found an alternative that works ... and you wont look like puffed wheat ... but its not in glossy magazines or made in good old usa , you wont find it in the gym either .......its natural and been around for thousands of years ... and when u stop training your body mass remains stable ...

you guys want to really look at your diets , get with the times , check out what the real natural body builders , professional elite athletes are doing, creatine was news 20 years ago.. but hey if you have the money keep wasting it and keep convincing yourself its working , one day you will realize you were part of the supplement scam of the century ..

a question , would anyone consider consuming a product made in China with no FDA approvals? a supplement such as whey /creatine ?

i would suggest the ignorant remarks is from the creatine users, who like to think they look much bigger because of the puffy look creatine gives you ... waste of money , it took me 17 years of cycling it to understand that it is of no benifit long term ... what i do know is i found an alternative that works ... and you wont look like puffed wheat ... but its not in glossy magazines or made in good old usa , you wont find it in the gym either .......its natural and been around for thousands of years ... and when u stop training your body mass remains stable ...

you guys want to really look at your diets , get with the times , check out what the real natural body builders , professional elite athletes are doing, creatine was news 20 years ago.. but hey if you have the money keep wasting it and keep convincing yourself its working , one day you will realize you were part of the supplement scam of the century ..

a question , would anyone consider consuming a product made in China with no FDA approvals? a supplement such as whey /creatine ?

the natural body builder and professional elite athletes....yes that is well known....steroids and hope no one figures out that they aren't as natural as they tell.

That works....

the natural body builder and professional elite athletes....yes that is well known....steroids and hope no one figures out that they aren't as natural as they tell.

That works....

??

Again.. no scientific basis of your claims, creatine does not give you a puffy look. Creatine does not work for cycling.. if it took you 17 years to figure that out cheesy.gif .

I asked you a logical question and you could not even answer it. if you stop eating healthy foods and switch to crap foods does the benefit stay ?.. NO why would the benefit of creatine stay if you stop it.

I knew no one who took Creatine for the "looking puffy" part but they all wanted the extra strength and reps..

but I know a lot of people that never took it, but "read it on the internet, so it must be true" that kept claiming that "you lose the size when you stop it."

it never made ME puffy in any way and I don't know anyone directly who took it who did.. but if it DOES make you puffy, yeah you would "lose" that from stopping to take it obviously

eventually you would also lose the extra strength and other benefits that comes from having elevated creatine too.

I say elevated because regardless of if you supplement creatine or not, you still have some reserves of it in your skeletal muscles, it's in meat

what you do NOT lose, is the strength gains that you gained by using it, you eventually lose the EXTRA reps that you were able to make but not what you have gained.

by the way, the analogy that robblok mentionned makes sense.

basically it's the same thing as if you stopped eating healthy, it will hurt your future fitness goals in general, effectively losing the real benefits BUT you will not be losing the muscle mass that you gained from eating healthy and working out hard for the last months.

also stopping working out does the same thing, you lose the future benefits

otherwise, there are other reasons to take creatine

http://www.nutritionexpress.com/article+index/authors/jeff+s+volek+phd+rd/showarticle.aspx?id=907

That works....

??

Point is all the famous natural body builder take steroids, just less than the real big guys.

That works....

??

Point is all the famous natural body builder take steroids, just less than the real big guys.

frank zane never took steroids ....

Again.. no scientific basis of your claims, creatine does not give you a puffy look. Creatine does not work for cycling.. if it took you 17 years to figure that out cheesy.gif .

I asked you a logical question and you could not even answer it. if you stop eating healthy foods and switch to crap foods does the benefit stay ?.. NO why would the benefit of creatine stay if you stop it.

only the puffy people get defensive when you point out the crap they consume , ...Creatine is CRAP !! but keep looking in the mirror and think your bigger because of creatine , one day you will wake up to the fact you are wasting your money ....the alternative is far better ... 17 years of real experience you have a long way to go ....

I knew no one who took Creatine for the "looking puffy" part but they all wanted the extra strength and reps..

but I know a lot of people that never took it, but "read it on the internet, so it must be true" that kept claiming that "you lose the size when you stop it."

it never made ME puffy in any way and I don't know anyone directly who took it who did.. but if it DOES make you puffy, yeah you would "lose" that from stopping to take it obviously

eventually you would also lose the extra strength and other benefits that comes from having elevated creatine too.

I say elevated because regardless of if you supplement creatine or not, you still have some reserves of it in your skeletal muscles, it's in meat

what you do NOT lose, is the strength gains that you gained by using it, you eventually lose the EXTRA reps that you were able to make but not what you have gained.

by the way, the analogy that robblok mentionned makes sense.

basically it's the same thing as if you stopped eating healthy, it will hurt your future fitness goals in general, effectively losing the real benefits BUT you will not be losing the muscle mass that you gained from eating healthy and working out hard for the last months.

also stopping working out does the same thing, you lose the future benefits

otherwise, there are other reasons to take creatine

http://www.nutritionexpress.com/article+index/authors/jeff+s+volek+phd+rd/showarticle.aspx?id=907

there is no reason to take it FULLSTOP!! the right training program will see you break all your record lifts , not creatine ...

only the puffy people get defensive when you point out the crap they consume , ...Creatine is CRAP !! but keep looking in the mirror and think your bigger because of creatine , one day you will wake up to the fact you are wasting your money ....the alternative is far better ... 17 years of real experience you have a long way to go ....

17 years.. wow.. I been training for 25 does that mean I know more then you ?

The only thing that counts is scientific evidence.. and you did not bring it.. you could not even go into my analogy because you knew you would loose the argument.

here is something you can find in 2 seconds on wikipedia

Creatine is a nitrogenous organic acid that occurs naturally in vertebrates and helps to supply energy to all cells in the body, primarily muscle. This is achieved by increasing the formation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). Creatine was identified in 1832 when Michel Eugène Chevreul isolated it from the basified water-extract of skeletal muscle. He later named the crystallized precipitate after the Greek word for meat, κρέας (kreas). Early analysis showed that human blood is approximately 1% creatine, and the highest concentrations are found in animal blood, brain (0.14%), muscle (0.50%), and testes (0.18%). The liver and kidney contain approximately 0.01% creatine. Today, creatine content (as a percentage of crude protein) can be used as an indicator of meat quality.

here; if that 3 sentence was too long for you to read "helps to supply energy to all cells in the body, primarily muscle"

I am 100% confident you have not done half the research I have done on the subject.

I am also sure you will ignore any facts and refer to your superior "real experience."

if you don't like creatine, don't take it and go ahead do whatever you want but saying that there are no reasons to take it just makes you an ignorant troll.

That works....

??

frank zane never took steroids ....

I don't know him.....But as he finished 1984...Wikipedia tells he trained with Schwarzenegger, who was big on steroids and steroids were complete legal at this time.....

17 years.. wow.. I been training for 25 does that mean I know more then you ?

The only thing that counts is scientific evidence.. and you did not bring it.. you could not even go into my analogy because you knew you would loose the argument.

scientific evidence on supplements that require no FDA approvals or licensing , wake up before its too late , your getting ripped off !!! what are you taking ? it could be anything ... i said creatine 17 years , i have another 10 years of training on you ....

This boring one fruitcake with a tinfoil hat, in Holland there has been scientific studies done too and they consider it safe.

I prefer to listen to people with degrees in biology / science instead of someone who posts no evidence and does not reply to statements made.

I personally benefit from it and know others who do too.

This boring one fruitcake with a tinfoil hat, in Holland there has been scientific studies done too and they consider it safe.

I prefer to listen to people with degrees in biology / science instead of someone who posts no evidence and does not reply to statements made.

A lot people report good results.......far too many as that it could be placebo effect only.

For me it did not work....but I'll try again, maybe I didn't took enough.

i missed the statement , what was it ?

just to clarify .... what is tested in scientific studies may in fact be pure creatine... but given there are no controls on what goes into the lovely , glossy supplement packages you buy with a creatine sticker on the front , do you think its the same as whats tested ? send your creatine to the dutch labs and see whats in it ...then you might be surprised ... strict controls = good safe products ...no controls= anything goes ...

again you have fallen for the great supplement scam ...

A lot people report good results.......far too many as that it could be placebo effect only.

For me it did not work....but I'll try again, maybe I didn't took enough.

make sure its pure pharma grade with a certificate to prove it ...from an international lab not one sponsored by the manufacturer ...

i missed the statement , what was it ?

just to clarify .... what is tested in scientific studies may in fact be pure creatine... but given there are no controls on what goes into the lovely , glossy supplement packages you buy with a creatine sticker on the front , do you think its the same as whats tested ? send your creatine to the dutch labs and see whats in it ...then you might be surprised ... strict controls = good safe products ...no controls= anything goes ...

again you have fallen for the great supplement scam ...

Again I have not fallen for anything as the stuff works for me. Currently creatine is cheap as chips no need to replace it with stuff that is not needed. Before creatine was expensive.. then maybe. But I just buy of known brands and it works.

• 7 months later...

When it comes to supps for training I've always had to be my own lab-rat because some things work for me and some not. Creatine was one of those supps that I didn't notice anything from though 5-6 of my training partners did. Same brand, same dosages etc. It could be placebo for them but if it was they were happy enough because they were making gains in the gym and that stuff was cheap.

Whey protein on the other hand with water not milk significantly reduced my soreness and that could have been due to any number of things, I'm not sure, but I wasn't complaining and in the 5kg buckets it ended up being pretty cheap (back home). Magnesium Citrate has also been a very useful supp for me to reduce muscle soreness.

When it comes to supps for training I've always had to be my own lab-rat because some things work for me and some not. Creatine was one of those supps that I didn't notice anything from though 5-6 of my training partners did. Same brand, same dosages etc. It could be placebo for them but if it was they were happy enough because they were making gains in the gym and that stuff was cheap.

Whey protein on the other hand with water not milk significantly reduced my soreness and that could have been due to any number of things, I'm not sure, but I wasn't complaining and in the 5kg buckets it ended up being pretty cheap (back home). Magnesium Citrate has also been a very useful supp for me to reduce muscle soreness.

why water not milk?

Archived