creatine works

robblok

For people who workout hard in sports that require explosive strength creatine works good. I have not used it for a long time because I worried about the weight gain (i know its not fat but it would screw up my weight tracking). However I recently changed my thinking and started using it again.

The results were that my lifts are going up again and I have more power during a workout. This means you can burn more calories / fat during a workout or gain more muscle.

Its just a little bit extra but it works.. and its always mentally good when you see progress. I haven't seen much progress in ages. So its all good.

What it does it helps you to store more ATP, that is the energy source in muscles. This means you get heavier but its not fat.

You can just buy cheap (within reason) generic creatine no need for expensive brand-name stuff.

I am amazed myself.. just one week and i see the progress. just taking a scoop a day.

I tried it twice and didn't see any difference.

But maybe I was too low on the amounts I used. Or as I eat lots of meat, I may have enough of supply anyway.

It takes a while to kick in.. for me a week. Just took a small spoon every day. Maybe I sense these things easier as my progress goes slow. If then all of a sudden all the lifts go up and even deadlifts are less nerve wrecking at a higher weight. Proof enough for me. I have used it before and it worked too.

I also eat quite a bit of meat per day normally, anyway today all sore from all the extra lifts I did. I must say I am amazed that i can keep getting muscle pains after my workouts. (even without creatine). Does show that i push myself good all the time.

I tried it twice and didn't see any difference.

But maybe I was too low on the amounts I used. Or as I eat lots of meat, I may have enough of supply anyway.

It takes a while to kick in.. for me a week. Just took a small spoon every day. Maybe I sense these things easier as my progress goes slow. If then all of a sudden all the lifts go up and even deadlifts are less nerve wrecking at a higher weight. Proof enough for me. I have used it before and it worked too.

I also eat quite a bit of meat per day normally, anyway today all sore from all the extra lifts I did. I must say I am amazed that i can keep getting muscle pains after my workouts. (even without creatine). Does show that i push myself good all the time.

I had 3 small spoons every day for 10 days and than less for another 2 weeks and no difference at all.

I almost eat only meat....don't like the other things.....

(beside the Musli in the morning)

Strange that my experience differs. Mind you I am at my max and any time I go up in weights its something special. Been working out so long that I hit some ceilings so it would be easier to spot for if it made a difference.

But as I have no shares in creatine companies or anything like that if it does not work for you then don't use it. Its not that expensive anymore.

Strange that my experience differs. Mind you I am at my max and any time I go up in weights its something special. Been working out so long that I hit some ceilings so it would be easier to spot for if it made a difference.

But as I have no shares in creatine companies or anything like that if it does not work for you then don't use it. Its not that expensive anymore.

I read that there are non responder for creatine. But I never read everything about it, so I don't know.

Maybe I should try it again.....(at least it will help you with your shares....)

Placebo effect Rob?

There are too many people who report great results on creatine and too many people who report on other equal promoted supplements to say that creatine doesn't work.

I think it doesn't work for everyone the same.

Placebo effect Rob?

Not really.. because I was not expecting much. I actually never wanted to use it as it screws my weight tracking up. But will keep an eye on it if I get even more progress it would be remarkable.

I have been stalling on deadlifts for quite a while.. and on benchpress even longer. (think years for bench and months for deadlifts) so for me I am convinced. Unless I had an exceptional day.

Placebo effect Rob?

Not really.. because I was not expecting much. I actually never wanted to use it as it screws my weight tracking up. But will keep an eye on it if I get even more progress it would be remarkable.

I have been stalling on deadlifts for quite a while.. and on benchpress even longer. (think years for bench and months for deadlifts) so for me I am convinced. Unless I had an exceptional day.

ok cool, i tried it once for a little while ( a week or so) and didn't notice any difference. Maybe will look at it again sometime.

Placebo effect Rob?

ok cool, i tried it once for a little while ( a week or so) and didn't notice any difference. Maybe will look at it again sometime.

Today I had an other workout and it is confirmed my other workout was not a freak workout. This workout I could do even more as the last. It seems I am getting stronger again. put 5 kg extra on my squats.. and 2,5 on my bench.. quite good because there is not much to improve. (you can't keep getting stronger forever and when you train long you will hit limits)

Anyway will see what it does and how it goes, thing is I never wanted to use it as it will make me heavier and I know its no fat but its hard to keep my weight in check. Also I did not expect too much from it.. so the placebo effect does not really come into play. I know that there are few things that really work that are legal.

Creatine definitely works.

I haven't used the stuff in a while, mainly because where I live I don't have access to a gym and don't really exercise all that much (work work)

but I have to say that I remember the last time I kept with Creatine was the time I noticed the biggest gains in strength and size

It does take about a week to 10 days to kick in usually yes before you start feeling results but it's significant

I was on Creatine Monohydrate (cheap kind) and am actually importing some with me this time around when traveling, I have 2kg of it in my luggage already, which should last me for more than a year ;)

and I remember it being wayy overpriced when I stopped in a fitness shop in Chiang Mai last year too, this is why i'm bringing mine now.

So far 5kg extra on benchpress and 5kg extra on deadlifts and 10kg extra on squats... Real good gains for someone who has been training for many years and was stuck. So it definitely helps me workout harder, it almost seems that i recover better from deadlifts too.

If there is one supplement to be on......its not Whey or Creatine......But Glutamine......Skeletal muscle is comprised of 65%glutatmine, an amino acid......a building block for all proteins.....good for the gut as well. 10 g per day.....as a base.

If there is one supplement to be on......its not Whey or Creatine......But Glutamine......Skeletal muscle is comprised of 65%glutatmine, an amino acid......a building block for all proteins.....good for the gut as well. 10 g per day.....as a base.

That has been debunked ages ago.

I wanted to say that ;) had to double check my stuff (to make sure I wasn't wrong) and came up with

"The most relevant glutamine-producing tissue is the muscle mass, accounting for about 90% of all glutamine synthesized."

aka more muscles synthesizes more glutamine and not the other way around

I wanted to say that wink.png had to double check my stuff (to make sure I wasn't wrong) and came up with

"The most relevant glutamine-producing tissue is the muscle mass, accounting for about 90% of all glutamine synthesized."

aka more muscles synthesizes more glutamine and not the other way around

The only things that really work are stuff like fish oil.. creatine.. whey and in general you won't feel it work. The creatine was a positive surprise this time for me. But I had not expected much, expected a rep more.. or something not weights going up.

I also seem to recover faster from a heavy deadlift session but that could be because I am eating a bit more. Still people should not expect miracles from the stuff.

Rob, can you elaborate - I see this stuff on sale but if it doesn't work, surely people wouldn't keep buying it and stores keep stocking it? Never tried it by the way on it's own.

Rob, can you elaborate - I see this stuff on sale but if it doesn't work, surely people wouldn't keep buying it and stores keep stocking it? Never tried it by the way on it's own.

Marketing James marketing, actually much of the stuff for sale is crap and does not work. There was a nice documentary about the supplement industry. I keep buying whey even though I never felt it.. its the same with many supplements.. you don't feel or notice them work.. so we don't know. Often the effect is not world shattering so you could be taking stuff that does not work and never know it. That is why its important to research supplements a bit at times.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to still make progress.. I admit I am eating a bit more as usual too. That might help too. But for me its a sign creatine works.

Before after heavy deadlifts I was mentally tired too.. now not so much.

Just did 5 x 155kg, 5x 160kg, 5 x 165kg, 5 x 170kg and it was heavy.. but not so tired and dead as before. Still its a drain on energy during any weightlifting session. My bench also went up again. now 3 x 8 110kg and last set with 112,5kg.. so I am increasing in stuff that stood still for quite some time.

Marketing James marketing, actually much of the stuff for sale is crap and does not work. There was a nice documentary about the supplement industry. I keep buying whey even though I never felt it.. its the same with many supplements.. you don't feel or notice them work.. so we don't know. Often the effect is not world shattering so you could be taking stuff that does not work and never know it. That is why its important to research supplements a bit at times.

Whey isn't used for "noticing or feeling" it. It's greatest purpose is that taking 20 g of whey "immediately" (as in within an hour) of your strength exercise it will upregulate your protein synthesis to a maximum. But yeah, i do drink whey 2-3 times a day (breakfast, after training and sometimes before sleep) and the reason for that is simply because i want the extra proteins.

And yes i agree about creatine, it does work.

Creatine is freaking awesome. One of the most widely scientifically studied and proven gym supplements. There's now research (in reputable scientific journals) out there that creatine has neuro protective effects from diseases like Parkinson's and Alzheimers. Pretty cool stuff. It's cheap too. I paid about 380thb here in Thailand for 200g which lasted me about 6 weeks

how many lean people are using Creatine ? imo it makes you retain fluids and the benifits end the minute you stop taking it ...vastly over rated along with highly processed whey ... i would be worried consuming cheap creatine from Thailand ..it could be anything .. rea food is the answer ...

how many lean people are using Creatine ? imo it makes you retain fluids and the benifits end the minute you stop taking it ...vastly over rated along with highly processed whey ... i would be worried consuming cheap creatine from Thailand ..it could be anything .. rea food is the answer ...

Ignorant remark..

Fluid retention only happens in rare cases. You are right the benefit ends when you stop taking it.. but same goes for your whole foods.. the moment you stop taking them their benefits stop too. So that is actually a pretty dumb remark.

Again if you don't know something its better not to comment about it. The creatine is not manufactured in Thailand.

It helps me workout harder.. and that is a good thing.

During supplementation (in conjunction with weight training) there's an Increase in Ffm, power output, strength and recovery timE. Not to mention your creatine stores stay elevated for weeks as you only excrete 1-2g a day after supplementation ceases. It isn't like testosterone prop where the effects cease dramatically once you stop taking it (without a decent Post cycle therapy course). Creatine causes slight cell swelling, it's primary role it to replenish your energy stores to make you work that much harder.

Ignorant remark..

Fluid retention only happens in rare cases. You are right the benefit ends when you stop taking it.. but same goes for your whole foods.. the moment you stop taking them their benefits stop too. So that is actually a pretty dumb remark.

Again if you don't know something its better not to comment about it. The creatine is not manufactured in Thailand.

It helps me workout harder.. and that is a good thing.

And yes I agree with Rob, it is an ignorant remark.

I agree too,

the only things that "ends" when you stop taking creatine it is the benefits of having elevated creatine.. ie: you might not be able to keep making similar gains as you were when on creatine

that would take a little while until your "reserves" go back to normal

but it definitely does NOT mean the muscle/strength gains you made will somehow disappear when you stop taking creatine.

Archived