Visa run to Cambodia No Thrills

angsta

Be prepared to pay 300 Baht if you don't spend the night, unless the service has a way around it.

That charge is usually included in the price when you use a Visa Run Company in the Pattaya Area

I usually insist that he is. I would use the helicopter but it's being serviced so I unfortunately have to use the roads this time like the rest of the proletarians. Poor show what?? ?

• Like 1

I used Cambodia Inter quite a few times ,price is all in with meal on the return journey they fill out all paperwork you dont even have to enter Cambodia if you choose. Drivers where fast but not reckless...only problem for me was the driver once or twice phoning 30 mins before schedule saying where are you....errm in the bloody shower.

<snip>only problem for me was the driver once or twice phoning 30 mins before schedule saying where are you....errm in the bloody shower.

I personally find that a good thing, the last time I went on Visa Run, the driver didn't call you before he arrived he just guessed you would be waiting outside for him. Wrong guess, as we drove to one place and the guy hadn't even woke up yet, so the 5 of us (which he already picked up) had to wait approx 30 mins before this guy showed up.

A lot depends on your preferences. Is time an issue or do you prefer to spend more time and save money? Public transport is pretty good and you are your own boss.

With the Cambodian border I prefer to use an agent to take away any of the hassle you may face.

In the end I went to Kanchanaburi for a few days and rented a bike and drove to Burma (68 ish km one-way).

Relatively civilised.

2200 baht or so? I can't recall as it was Dec 2013. I had made the run two times before with other services and even from Bangkok and it seemed to be the going price. I have heard something about there is now a few hundred baht increase due to the price of the Cambodia visa? But I defer to more recent travelers.