Thai govt could stay longer: official

webfact

Very concerning he is responding to a fortune teller who by tehir very nature are fraudelent werriodos

DEPUTY Government Spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd yesterday did not rule out the possibility that the Prayut administration may stick around longer than planned.

His remark came after a fortune-teller earlier cast doubt on the time frame for the general election.

" Dr Jetn Siratharanon, a member of the National Legislative Assembly, said he could not comment on Warin's prophecy but in his view, the NLA would follow the road map and not the heavens. "

" Colonel Winthai Suvari, spokesman for the National Council for Peace and Order, said that Warin was just making a prediction and that the government and the NCPO insist that they are on course in traversing the road map to democracy. "

Hate to burst your bubble, but

Got this on my phone yesterday:

The government will stay in power until it achieves its goals, or as long as plots exists to hurt people, a deputy government spokesperson said Monday

Or in other words a couple of decades or three................sad.png

• Like 1

Well my 10 000 baht to George's named charity of there was elections before April 2016 is as safe as houses.

Shame on you!!

Disguise yourself as a fortune teller, just to save 10k.....................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

The OP opens with the junta consulting an astrologer then brings in the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association.

Here's my two part prediction:

1. The junta will use the above nonsense to justify staying as long as it wants.

2. The world outside of Thailand will be amazed at this nonsense, and the uncensored international press will have a field day with it.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely . Educated people believe in an astrologer Give me a break

Relying in the stars for your future is a fools game

Who mentioned educated people? clap2.gif

Prayuth is leading a super-board on education reform. I wonder if he'll have an astrologer help him with that.

What he meant to say is "Gov could stay forever

Yes the fortune teller has ordained it. I always buy a package of Cracker Jacks and look for my answers in the bottom. If I find a decoder ring well that could signify eternal power much like the Vatican.

This confirms my suspicions , that the present schedule is being governed largely by fortune tellers. A number of posters are suggesting the fortune tellers are coming in after or being used as an excuse. However I would say they are very much running the show and being consulted beforehand.

• Like 1

Now who would ever have thought that?

His remark came after a fortune-teller earlier cast doubt on the time frame for the general election.

If the future and well being of the Thai people now depends on fortune tellers, then it is clear where this country is heading.

yes that is un-fortunate

The longer he stays in power the better for Thailand.

As about the TVF posters, Prime Minister

Please, "Forgive them, because they do not know what they are doing."

Oh Oh Costas has already been called in and reprogrammed. He has the Peace and Happiness virus and will spread it to us via TV. We are doooomed.

• Like 1

Well I'll be the odd one out here. I believe their will be elections early next year but the general will keep some power to stop politicians from just thinking that everything is back to the way it was and they can carry on with their corrupt practices.

You mean like the impending purchase of unneeded submarines?

Just how much money did Prayuth and his brother have? It never was properly explained. So, yes, I agree, corrupt practices remain an issue.

(PS have a look at offshore stories about nefarious practices currently being put in place for long term stripping of the telecoms industries - these dwarf any rice scheme losses).

Its like a poker game I will see your submarine and raise you 2 more submarines call. Your playing with taxpayer money who cares if you need them or not.

I am far from being a fortune teller, but I can predict that if the current "government" doesn't sort-out the ongoing underlying problems currently endemic in Thailand before allowing sound and well structured elections, contested by honourable people are put into place, the previous politicians gangsters (from both side) will be back into power within 5 minutes and not a single change will ever be made into how Thailand in run, controlled and bled dry by the power hungry criminals politicians.

So to all of you crying about what Prayut is or isn't doing - might be time you looked past the end of your nose and considered the future, that's of course if you are really interested and not just sh1t stirring because you have nothing better to do.

• Like 2

Very concerning he is responding to a fortune teller who by tehir very nature are fraudelent werriodos

DEPUTY Government Spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd yesterday did not rule out the possibility that the Prayut administration may stick around longer than planned.

" Dr Jetn Siratharanon, a member of the National Legislative Assembly, said he could not comment on Warin's prophecy but in his view, the NLA would follow the road map and not the heavens. "

" Colonel Winthai Suvari, spokesman for the National Council for Peace and Order, said that Warin was just making a prediction and that the government and the NCPO insist that they are on course in traversing the road map to democracy. "

Hate to burst your bubble, but

Got this on my phone yesterday:

The government will stay in power until it achieves its goals, or as long as plots exists to hurt people, a deputy government spokesperson said Monday

Or in other words a couple of decades or three................sad.png

I am confused define hurt has it happened already or will it happen.

Why would all you people listen to a silly fortune teller.

Basically the current government has said.

If they can "oversee" stitch up all the major government offices tighter than a mouses bum.

There will be an election.

The problem is , you will find in Thailand , that many in the govt and high up in the system will do a lot based on 'silly fortune tellers'.

Regarding details and actions the amount the fortune teller determines would be arguable. But when it comes to timing I would say that most things are determined by the fortune teller (fortuitous days, dates, times etc)

• Like 2

What's the bet that there'll be a poll out soon showing "the majority of respondents want the current administration to stay." If you believe fortune tellers, you might as well have a poll to confirm it.

• Like 1

His remark came after a fortune-teller earlier cast doubt on the time frame for the general election. crazy.gif You couldn't make this crap up.

Apart from the stupidity of what was said is anyone surprised that Prayut might not step down. He can of course continue down this path but as with Burma the west will eventually have not choice but to start placing sanctions ... this in turn will leave Thailand's economy is tatters and they'll end up like most countries run by dictators ... those at the top will be extremely rich whilst those at the bottom will starve to death ...... oh yeah a bit like it is now.

Spot on!!

And the irony is that Mr P himself is only being used as a pawn for the real powers and their mighty sponsors!!

In their struggle to keep status quo, anything is allowed now!! Even a few bodies!!

To the junta supporters here: Freedom is not about the right to have cold beers or to be able to watch the match on big screen!!

freedom is always about cold beer and chelsea winning the league..sort yourself out joc theres a good lad..xxxx

You are watching a rape in progress, and you are standing on the sidelines applauding the rapist!!

You are a disgrace!!

What rape? Rape the rich and corrupt?

No government before tried to repair so many things of local mafia, corruption, abuse of power, etc etc.

Calling that a rape is an insult for all the dead one caused by the Shinawatra clan.

I have sad news for you: Santa Claus ain't real!

Tell that the relatives of the 3000 murdered in the war against drugs (with half the victims had nothing to do with drugs and you don't know how many of the others were true or someone slipped something into their pocket to let it appear better).

• Like 1

Why would all you people listen to a silly fortune teller.

Basically the current government has said.

If they can "oversee" stitch up all the major government offices tighter than a mouses bum.

There will be an election.

The problem is , you will find in Thailand , that many in the govt and high up in the system will do a lot based on 'silly fortune tellers'.

Regarding details and actions the amount the fortune teller determines would be arguable. But when it comes to timing I would say that most things are determined by the fortune teller (fortuitous days, dates, times etc)

From all the previous governments in the recent time I would believe only Abhisit didn't believe in fortune teller.....All the others did.

(But that didn't help him)

Dear h90

a) the army was fully into the war on drugs! and: yes...it was wrong!
b ) I was referring to your "No government before tried to repair so many things of local mafia, corruption, abuse of power, etc etc." making it sound, like you think, this one is! Too funny, really!

"If everything goes as planned, the government does not need to remain in office."

This is an odd comment as one would think that a nation needs a government in office.

"the government" is Prayut's government versus an "elected government. " What this statement says is that once Prayut establishes his shadow government, he can then allow an elected government to be created. And if everything goes as planned, the NCPO crafted constitution, laws, and clone NCPO organizations will act as checks against an elected government, and the elected government will effectively be neutralized as a governing body.

Different channel but the same soap opera.

• Like 2

That was a bit of a crap effort, Costas. You are just bleating. Why no mention of the gods or soothsayers? After all, Greeks your age gave us all that mythology...

I remember being asked if I wanted my fortune told. I pointed out to the woman that she would already know the answer if she was genuine...

Either Costas is perpetrating the biggest piss take on TVF yet, or he seriously is one deranged dude, and needs medical help.

What rape? Rape the rich and corrupt?

No government before tried to repair so many things of local mafia, corruption, abuse of power, etc etc.

Calling that a rape is an insult for all the dead one caused by the Shinawatra clan.

I have sad news for you: Santa Claus ain't real!

Tell that the relatives of the 3000 murdered in the war against drugs (with half the victims had nothing to do with drugs and you don't know how many of the others were true or someone slipped something into their pocket to let it appear better).

After you've dismounted from that high horse, perhaps you could tell the same thing to the families of 4 students who were gunned down last month, with zero connections to insurgents or drugs, by the Rangers of THIS Government.

• Like 1

No real surprise they 'may' stay on longer. But based on what a fortune teller said? Really? Thailand does know that this is the 21st century, right?

Didn't the PM say he consults a soothsayer ?

Yes. That is why he changed his name from Prayuth to Prayut. Welcome to Thailand.

This will end in more street protests and in more problems for the Thai economy.

That and the reputation of the fortune telling industry will be in shambles. People will have to start pay attention to what they are doing in the moment and think for themselves.

People should learn from Thaksin's experience with fortune tellers. He put a lot of stock in the predictions of fortune tellers and look where it got him.