Pattaya Police charge and bail American 'Fast & Furious' driver

webfact

Pattaya Police charge and bail American 'Fast & Furious' driver

usa-5.jpg?b00397

PATTAYA: -- In an incident which is now being described as something you would more commonly see in a “Fast & Furious” movie rather than on the streets of Pattaya, Police announced on Monday they have decided to charge the American driver involved in the bizarre car chase on Sunday which left 13 vehicles damaged and 2 people injured.

Toxicology tests have taken place on Miss Amanda aged 29 to ensure she was not under the influence of any substance at the time. Police have confirmed she was not under the influence of alcohol.

Miss Amanda, who came to Thailand 2 months ago and is reportedly working as a foreign language teacher in a local school, is known to reside in the Maprachan Reservoir area of East Pattaya and is currently on medication to control stress.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/181569/pattaya-police-charge-and-bail-american-fast-furious-driver/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-07

Story has changed as previously it was reported she had paid a ' hefty ' fine, no sum disclosed, and ordered to pay all damage and medical bills.

Big difference between a fine and bail so the reporting isn't up to much.

Depending on her medication, strength and when last taken she may have been under the influence of a substance. If she's being treated for stress it might explain but not necessarily excuse what she did especially if the meds carried a warning.

She simply panicked because of mob gathering at the scene of first accident. Newbie in Thailand, that could happen. Of course some TV members expected from her to be a "man"...

NO WAY. It was hit and run. It's as simple as that.

• Like 1

She simply panicked because of mob gathering at the scene of first accident. Newbie in Thailand, that could happen. Of course some TV members expected from her to be a "man"...

NO WAY. It was hit and run. It's as simple as that.

You need a disclaimer in that last post because you have no idea why she fled the scene. Right?

• Like 1

If you live in Thailand (or work, because want to live here) and need to take medications for stress, you are doing something very wrong.

Stress you leave behind in your home country, when you come to relaxing Thailand.

slow and spurious

She shouldn't be driving around central Pattaya full of anti stress medication. Very dangerous. How come all the people that chased her just seem to want to cuddle her.

I don't think an insurance company in any other country would pay up in such circumstances.

• Like 2

slow and spurious

She shouldn't be driving around central Pattaya full of anti stress medication. Very dangerous. How come all the people that chased her just seem to want to cuddle her.

I don't think an insurance company in any other country would pay up in such circumstances.

I was think the same everyone wanted to hug her and she was passed around.
  • Like 1

I doubt that her name is just "Miss Amanda"

A bit unusual that they don't give her name. Usually they like to provide full name, nationality, passport details etc.

... And no description of what she was wearing? ... Wait, sorry only applies dead people.

Watch the video. This is why Thai people flee.

That is absolutely sick. Those people need to be taken out and shot.

Agree. This poor fellow was blocked in traffic and had no chance to flee the scene.

Look at that mob. Total strangers passing by, willing to join the pack of dogs.

I'm proud of that American woman for escaping.

She knows the area and was probably panicking trying to get to the police station.

I just googled this news story. 17 articles.

Every one mentions an angry mob surrounded her car.

Now you know.

I do not see any violence in the video from Pattaya today, all you do is to link to old Bangkok videos and claim that all Thais are like this. You seem to be on a mission here , had some bad experiences lately ?

I would be very angry and upset if something like this had happeed to my car, but I would not hit the lady. Do you see any evidence of bruises on her ?

Edited by balo
  • Like 1