Tips and warnings on building a house in Sis a Ket area

GoNavy

I have built a couple of basic outside toilets. I can assure you one with a western style toilet, tiled floor and shower area, and hot water shower, should cost no more than ฿30,000. That may or may not include the cost of getting electric and water to it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

make sure that you dont put the bum gun toooooooooo close to the shower otherwise you might end up with crap between your toe's

when you go for a showerbah.gif

Let's assume it's the OP, who's squatting an example on this particular photo, with the footrests. I, on the other hand would think twice, to offer such an acrobatic quotidian task for my beloved ones.

Compulsive diarrhea could hinder that the foodrests really splash into the right direction.

Your solution seems to be the most outstanding one, as it perfectly coincides with a healthy sense of humor and ensures less water usage.

Edited by lostinisaan

I am guessing the OP must be younger and not have to get up and pee in the middle of the night. Rainy season is coming. Might not be nice. Inside bathroom might be an option.

For those making assumptions.........and not reading the WHOLE dialogue of this.............there will be an indoor bathroom complete with western style toilet, wash sink, and shower with non-slip tile. The outdoor bathroom with a potential squat toilet was because my partner insisted on having one for Thai guests. I have no issue with them using the indoor but it was insisted no. I did NOT question thinking it was a cultural thing and not belaboring the point. A squat toilet was brought up because isn't that what the Thai nationals usually have in their homes?

In discussing this, it sounds like a decent idea to expand the concept for usage while working in the yard to one more than a public squat toilet facility at a rest stop. I may go to one as pictured in the examples above..........western with those footrests. It is not settled in stone.

I am guessing the OP must be younger and not have to get up and pee in the middle of the night. Rainy season is coming. Might not be nice. Inside bathroom might be an option.

For those making assumptions.........and not reading the WHOLE dialogue of this.............there will be an indoor bathroom complete with western style toilet, wash sink, and shower with non-slip tile. The outdoor bathroom with a potential squat toilet was because my partner insisted on having one for Thai guests. I have no issue with them using the indoor but it was insisted no. I did NOT question thinking it was a cultural thing and not belaboring the point. A squat toilet was brought up because isn't that what the Thai nationals usually have in their homes?

In discussing this, it sounds like a decent idea to expand the concept for usage while working in the yard to one more than a public squat toilet facility at a rest stop. I may go to one as pictured in the examples above..........western with those footrests. It is not settled in stone.

You're absolutely right about your point of view. There's a company in Thailand producing toilets that are just "different" and might be appreciated by Thais, as well as foreigners.

I'd also consider to purchase the right signs when you decide to "go for it. Please see attached photos. Not all have such a toilet.

P.S. I've just attached the cheapest option as an image. Go for it.

post-158336-0-16380700-1429689939_thumb.

post-158336-0-42203600-1429690102_thumb.

post-158336-0-43856400-1429691182_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

At least all your examples take their shoes off, LostInsane.

I hate seeing the muddy shoe prints on the rims of PTT bogs. It's gross!

It's in ISAAN!! And please bear in mind that this is not acceptable anymore. Will definitely report you next time. Or both.

P.S. Regarding your private message a few minutes ago, I'm very sorry, I do not have the blonde guy's telephone number.

But Frank does, no idea if he'll share with you. ( Toilet architecture related discussions, of course) wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

At least all your examples take their shoes off, LostInsane.

I hate seeing the muddy shoe prints on the rims of PTT bogs. It's gross!

The photo you've downloaded can be compensated at Livin' in the Past. A large Leo will do the trick. Won't tell your wife about it. Psst.

Great if 1) your able physically/mentally & geographically to manage this type of project.

2) are fluent in Thai including phrases & words pertaining to the building trade.

Anyone who can't speak Thai should never be building house in the first place, especially if its in Isarn.

The golden rule - never build a house until you have been married for at least 5 years. Never get married until you've lived here for at least 5 years. That's a total of 10 years minimum so of course you will be able to converse well enough in Thai.

The number of stories I could tell you of those who didn't!

has anybody warned the op."HE WHO PAYS THE PIPER DOESNT CALL THE TUNE"giggle.gif

Plus considering that such an excruciating task could develop as an excrescence,

But it's always easy to excoriate guests, who stand on the toilet seat, before any excrement will hit the fan blades. wai2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My advice / warning is be there while the build is happening

Don't be out of town/country

Don't trust others to oversee the build & report to you

It'll all end up in tears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i can second your top three,but there was no tears,just a few pages of [PUT THIS RIGHT] before you get the balance.

oh there was a few tears FROM THE BUILDING FORMAN.

he lasted for another 4weeks.never to be seen again.