Landlord from hell - urgent!

Despite not paying rent you also seem to be unwilling to sign another contract, and expect her to tolerate you there without a signed and valid agreement.

She has 45days to return the deposit from the end of the contract but she may well feel that period does not start until you get out.

Getting deposits back here can be difficult, but your money problems are not hers.

There is no rule, law or common practice to sign new contract after initial one is expired.

Once contract has expired it becomes month by month basis and 30 days notice required from both parties in case of vacating

not quite, if your month to month technically neither party has to give notice once the paid for time elapses. though 48 hours ior longer is sometimes used as a courtesy.

for a written lease you only need to give notice as specified in the lease, usually 30 days, if you want to renew or extend, not for terminating. its assumed the lease will expire unless someone says otherwise in writing.

1) she is the one with money problems. she admitted in our last conversation that she is desperate because of loans. i don't have money problems. i just get paid in the middle of each month, so paying by today just is not possible, if i were to pay.

2) she knows my company because i (or my colleagues) give her contracts. she also openly trash talks her own boss to me (or did, via FB and LINE). however, i wouldn't get down and dirty like that to ruin her lie. i'm not a bad person. i just want my deposit back.

Some here accuse the landlady of living 'hand to mouth' yet the OP claims he has no money problems despite having to wait to get paid before making the rent.

The OP is spending way too much time with FB and Line related activities. Maybe time to get the head out of the arse, start saving, stop social networking, get a real job or go home.

You are the one who hasn't got a clue, you can't use your deposit to pay for rent. The fact that a lot of people do this doesn't make it legal.

Firstly by definition deposit is a security for non payment, welcome to the world of knowledge .

Secondly leaving tenant without water for 2 weeks is hardly acceptable or reasonsble.

Thirdly charging tenant for damages caused by water leak initially installed by the landlord is criminal.

Do you still want to argue the legality and who knows more?

Edited by konying
  • Like 1

Despite not paying rent you also seem to be unwilling to sign another contract, and expect her to tolerate you there without a signed and valid agreement.

She has 45days to return the deposit from the end of the contract but she may well feel that period does not start until you get out.

Getting deposits back here can be difficult, but your money problems are not hers.

There is no rule, law or common practice to sign new contract after initial one is expired.

Once contract has expired it becomes month by month basis and 30 days notice required from both parties in case of vacating

not quite, if your month to month technically neither party has to give notice once the paid for time elapses. though 48 hours ior longer is sometimes used as a courtesy.

for a written lease you only need to give notice as specified in the lease, usually 30 days, if you want to renew or extend, not for terminating. its assumed the lease will expire unless someone says otherwise in writing.

Once the lease has expired, 30 days notice from both parties is required by law.

• Like 1

You are the one who hasn't got a clue, you can't use your deposit to pay for rent. The fact that a lot of people do this doesn't make it legal.

Firstly by definition deposit is a security for non payment, welcome to the world of knowledge .

Secondly leaving tenant without water for 2 weeks is hardly acceptable or reasonsble.

Thirdly charging tenant for damages caused by water leak initially installed by the landlord is criminal.

Isn't it standard to pay, first and last months rent in advance + damage deposit?

• Like 1

It is a deposit for damage to the property NOT for the rent, you still don't get it

Isn't it standard to pay, first and last months rent in advance + damage deposit?

First payment is 2 month deposit plus 1 month ahead

• Like 1

It is a deposit for damage to the property NOT for the rent, you still don't get it

I really have no idea what planet you live on or come from to state such nonsense .

2 months rent is a deposit for non payment and damages it is not solely for damages.

Why do not you site which section of the law states security deposit is for damages since you so confident about it

As you didn't pay rent, please change the title to " the tenant from hell"

It seems that empathy is something lacking in your personality.

Maybe my empathy is with the landlord.

If empathy is your first name, do not bother giving your last name.

My Thai wife has three rental houses.

She has always adamantly refused to rent to farangs.

Strange, because she married one... or maybe not so strange.

May be harder to cheat them. Thai will just walk away

• Like 2

looks like the trolls are out in force with all their crap about what is and isnt right with flooring. After working in the building industry for quite a few years seeing this crap flooring laid and working over it one thing I can state is that it does not handle water well, admittedly there are different grades of quality that do make a difference but since when has a thai rental property put in the most expensive flooring they can find. Wife hoses it down, what a drop kick, maybe you should try to explain that wood and water do not mix and unless they have sealed all the joins which they are NOT supposed to do, so that it can actually expand and contract it most definitely will have water under it and if they did it right it will also have a thin layer of foam which will hold the water there too(actually starts it rotting from behind). Making statements about something that you are purely guessing and by pulling FACTs out of your a**e doesnt really cut it, ask anyone that has worked with this stuff and they will tell you it isnt designed to be waterproof. If they didnt lift it to dry under it out,then it most certainly would have warped especially with the humidity. Landlady sounds like a typical dropkick, trying to get something for nothing and these types are everywhere here apart from the "angels" some of these troll ******s rent from(in their imagination maybe too). A renter is responsible for what they do personally not what the landlord is responsible for, its like the guy that opened the window and it fell out because the builders had put it in backwards, nothing to do with the renter but they still argued. Some of the trolls in here just cant help themselves and have no idea what so ever but then thats why they are trolls, they know they are as thick as 2 short planks and they pick on others to try to make themselves feel good seeing no one will associate with them, what a joke