Bangkok has highest rate of domestic violence

Thaivisa News

I am not surprised, only a week spent in this place, and I am running screaming for the hills. The noise, pollution, crowds, and a zombiefied overweight population who shuffle around with a stupid little screen in front of their faces.

Again: Mr. P or the Ministry of Culture and Moral and Ethics and stuff...please...any comment?

Any time now, please!

You expect them to fix something that's been broken for centuries and has been made worse in the last 7 decades by rampant alcohol abuse?

Take a look at the domestic violence situation in your own home country. Have your country's leaders made any inroads to reduce it?

Probably the best immediate solution would be to get everyone off alcohol and onto marijuana. It's easier to satisfy a craving for munchies than it is a craving for violence.

Are you some kind of a broken record? You asked the "What has your country done"- question on another thread already and I can assure you, "my " country has done way more, than anything Thailand will ever do.

But as you do not seem to be the brightest bulb in the candelabre: I made a toungue in cheek comment about Mr. P and Ethics, Culture, Moral ...and stuff - ministry, because both of them seem to see morals and culture threatened by underboob-selfies and women in mini-skirts.

That is what they blubber on about.

I would really like to hear some sensible comments on subjects that MATTER!

Thank you for the attention!

no your back tracking for a poor post..dont worry..we all make mistakes..

Nonsense, most of "zaphod reborn" (the Thai apologist) posts, are like a boken record.

Thailand is unfortunately the same as any other country in the world it suffers from the same maladies domestic violence incest it happens just the same in the west .

Unfortunately Thailand is not like other Nations in the west, Other Country's respect women , Thailand does not, they are discriminated against in most things,

Thailand is unfortunately the same as any other country in the world it suffers from the same maladies domestic violence incest it happens just the same in the west .

Unfortunately Thailand is not like other Nations in the west, Other Country's respect women , Thailand does not, they are discriminated against in most things,

Thailand IS (2015) like other nations in the west WERE (1900).

Again: Mr. P or the Ministry of Culture and Moral and Ethics and stuff...please...any comment?

Any time now, please!

You expect them to fix something that's been broken for centuries and has been made worse in the last 7 decades by rampant alcohol abuse?

Take a look at the domestic violence situation in your own home country. Have your country's leaders made any inroads to reduce it?

Probably the best immediate solution would be to get everyone off alcohol and onto marijuana. It's easier to satisfy a craving for munchies than it is a craving for violence.

Are you some kind of a broken record? You asked the "What has your country done"- question on another thread already and I can assure you, "my " country has done way more, than anything Thailand will ever do.

But as you do not seem to be the brightest bulb in the candelabre: I made a toungue in cheek comment about Mr. P and Ethics, Culture, Moral ...and stuff - ministry, because both of them seem to see morals and culture threatened by underboob-selfies and women in mini-skirts.

I have to agree...the argument of "moral equivalency" is very poor...using that logic, the most repellent behavior becomes the norm. Why not try to aspire to a better culture and society?

• Like 1

Any time now, please!

no your back tracking for a poor post..dont worry..we all make mistakes..

You have a right to your opinion.

And I am not backtracking- I am explaining, for those who don't understand sarcasm and cynicism!

...like you, I guess!

• Like 1

"sexual violation of family members (3.8 per cent)."

Absolute rubbish! EU and American figures are at 16% average concerning city life - they are worse in rural areas by far.

I wonder; well I don't. Rather, I'd say why hide the truth Thailand? The figures for Southern Asia are astronomical - that's why.

Thank you. This feels like a Thai bashing article. Wonder who wrote it? Wonder who published it? Just visit the American south, places like Arkansas, Mississippi, and Alabama, and then lets compare.

Absolute rubbish! EU and American figures are at 16% average concerning city life - they are worse in rural areas by far.

I wonder; well I don't. Rather, I'd say why hide the truth Thailand? The figures for Southern Asia are astronomical - that's why.

Thank you. This feels like a Thai bashing article. Wonder who wrote it? Wonder who published it? Just visit the American south, places like Arkansas, Mississippi, and Alabama, and then lets compare.

hehehe of course it is! One of the reasons I stopped frequenting Ex Pat Pubs, bars etc., over a decade ago was because of the rampant, unabashed hypocracy one had to put up with. it never ceases to amaze me really. Talk about glass houses.

Now I am not a Thai apologist and I find domestic violence in Thailand as abhorrent as I do in my own native country. I could assail you with no end of very frightening stats on Domestic Violence in Australia. here is just one - Domestic violence is the leading cause of death and injury in women under 45, with more than one woman murdered by her current or former partner every week

this was in the Oz news TODAY!

• PARENTS convicted of their child’s murder, manslaughter or neglect should have any other children taken from them as soon they are born, the coroner who presided over the Chloe Valentine inquest says. South Australian coroner Mark Johns has called for a major overhaul of Families SA — which he labelled broken and flawed — in inquest findings handed down in Adelaide today.

Try typing into google domestic violence in australia. The Stats are as frightening as they are damning. There is a Royal Commission On Domestic Violence In Australia being convened AS WE SPEAK!! it is perhaps the biggest social issue in Australia today

And as for the 'Buddhist thing' - may I remind you that Australia likes to call itself a Christian Country founded on Christian beliefs. yada yada yada get real!

So, for the Bashers - It is not a unique Thai trait and the LOS is not a hub, it is a worldwide disgrace.

We need to clean up our own backyards before we start bagging everyone else.

Unfortunately. as i read again this week about record household debt, the problem will probably only get worse.

"Thai bashing" ?, what about the thread on Thai road deaths, is that Thai bashing ? . Try to grow some skin "spidermike"

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Any time now, please!

I don't disagree with you but the news says only 1 in 5 cases involved alcohol.

I would have thought it was higher than this. In my country I would take an educated guess and say it is 4 in 5 cases. I wonder if this includes drugs to?