2 year old with UK passport - TB test not needed - is that right?

We're in the process of getting a UK settlement for the Mrs, she's off to Bangers in a few weeks to do the English test and i'm just sorting out the TB test, we have a little boy who has dual citizenship and thus doesn't need a UK visa - i'm assuming (only as I can't see it anywhere) that he doesn't need any TB test etc, he's just over 2 years old??

Thanks

Jimmy

He is a British citizen and so does not need a visa to enter the UK; therefore no TB test required; just like yourself.

It could be said by some that this makes a mockery of testing visa applicants, but it would be illegal to impose any conditions or restrictions on a British citizen entering the UK.

British citizens have no right to enter through a port without a British passport or similar document.

How a person could they not have that, except if it has been lost during the trip, or it's an emergency repatriation often orgnaize by the gov.t itself?

I think that the moment an person has citizenship and so claims declaring identity, officers must be careful on how to handle the situation, because any mistake on their side would be a directly violation of rights.

... it would be illegal to impose any conditions or restrictions on a British citizen entering the UK.

British citizens have no right to enter through a port without a British passport or similar document.

Obviously someone can't just turn up at UK immigration claiming to be British and expect to be admitted without proving it!

So obvious I didn't think it worth mentioning rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV .

Removed an off-topic discussion that had nothing to do with the OP's question whether his 2-year-old son needs a TB test certificate for travel to the UK.

The OP has received his answer and this topic is now closed.

mfr_closed1.gif

• Like 1