Russia could sell Thailand planes, to buy more rubber

webfact

Might be able to get a good deal on a slightly singed nuclear sub too.

russki commies sold china 2 carriors, one is a floating <deleted> house hotel for army brass in guandong the other one has a that engine will not run long enough to make open water. all the planes had to be craned on and there they sit, ya cant make up sxit like this :-)

Russian military aircraft, Chinese submarines ? A beefed up Thailand military will bring a tear to the PMs eye, instead of the ridiculous woman's for a change, as he tells the world " be careful as we really are somebody now . "

• Like 2

we always hoping Thai is or ever will be a developed country;

to speak some foreign language or have stidied in West,

still does not mean you are educated and developed;

This countries are no serious partners,

they sale like the wind change;

How a goverment can be better than their people ?

And still from tourism trouble they not learned with Russia, with China;

When too late, they will ask the west again to help tham !!

No trustworth nation !!!

BRICS

You do realize that "BRICS" is an acronym invented by Wall Street, not a real organization, don't you?

You are wrong

The term "BRICS" was coined in 2001 by then-chairman of Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Jim O'Neill, in his publication Building Better Global Economic BRICs.[

As of 2014, the five BRICS countries represent almost 3 billion people, or approximately 40% of the world population. The five nations have a combined nominal GDP of US$16.039 trillion, equivalent to approximately 20% of the gross world product, and an estimated US$4 trillion in combined foreign reserves

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRICS

And just how am I wrong? Do you know what the word "coined" means? And Goldman Sachs IS Wall Street. There is no organization.

• Like 2

"some Western countries may be reluctant to do business with the military government running the Asian country"

Thailand already has one of the foremost military establishments in the Asia-Pacific region, ranking #11 among 33 nations (ref. 2015 Global Firepower). If some of the top 10 powerhouse countries like Russia, China, India, Pakistan, Turkey, and Australia are excluded from the list, Thailand would rank #5.

Prayut has stated that a strong military is necessary to make countries "fear" Thailand. But he may cause an unwelcomed fear if he accelerates Thai military capability.

Thailand may trigger an arms race in the Asia-Pacific region prompted by the Russians to sell their military grade weapon systems. As a result, some Asian and Pacific countries may be relunctant to do business with the Thai military government. And they may turn to the Western countries to counter a Thailand military build up by upgrading their own military capability. They may also follow with economic trade barriers, sanctions, and withdraw businesses from Thailand.

Prayut is taking dangerous risks with the nation's sovereignty and economic health for the sake of military and personal ego.

Edited by Srikcir
  • Like 1

great give them some Planes.

It's going to be like playing Nintendo with the Airforce involved.

Good luck to anybody close to it, let's help them tighten the rubber band to keep them up for some time at least.

They will forget to change the rubber and crash after the 3rd start.

Internet connection to the US might be slow today...the SE asia NSA listening post in thailand's backyard will be working overtime.

Russia is no pariah . The axis Russia-China-India is the future , world bully US , the past.

Sheer nonsense. In case you forgot, India and China nearly came to blows last year when China sent its troops to occupy Indian territory. Did you forget that India and China do not have a quiet border, and did you forget that China and India are rivals in SE Asia with India still reeling from losing multiple business deals in Myanmar to China? The Indians have as much love for China as the Vietnamese do. As for Russia, dream on. It is a country with a crippled economy dependant upon energy and weapons exports. Your wet dream of an India-China- Russia world power is just that, a dream that is all wet.

Thailand needs access to the EU and North American economies. This is where most of its key exports go. China doesn't need or want the products Thailand sends into those markets. India certainly doesn't want them and Russia with its aging population, soaring mortality rates and life expectancy of 60 years for Russian males is in its death throes.

• Like 2

Planes from Russia, going to China to check out available armaments...

Looks like Thailand is finding ways around the U.S. putting a stop to military support until democracy is in place again....

Are there some lines to read between here??/

Edited by willyumiii

Russia must have a lot of old diesel subs rusting away somewhere what a chance to unload them.

Yesterday's news had Thailand in China checking out armaments, including subs....

I hope the US is looking at what is happening here. They are about to lose any vested interest in Thailand by their own actions pushing Thailand away into the waiting arms of opposing countries.

Pushing Thailand away? Don't you think that staging a coup might have had a wee bit of an influence over this?

Putin is threatening nuclear war, prayuth staged a coup and now has absolute power, what could possibly go wrong?

Fat Haggis! You only see what you want to see and fail to look further. The US has not done the same for every country. They have double standards when it comes to this. Some other countries they still sanction and aid and give military support to even though it is an illegitimate gov. Undemocratic.

Internet connection to the US might be slow today...the SE asia NSA listening post in thailand's backyard will be working overtime.

Russia is no pariah . The axis Russia-China-India is the future , world bully US , the past.

I wish I could say, the worlds bullies, US, China and Russia is the past, but no, they will prevail with some cocked up war somewhere in the world.

They might be able to get a An-225 Mriya. Could carry Yingluk's luggage when she does a moonlight flit.

A beautiful plane and very suitable for short shopping trip if there is a sales in Paris. But Antonow is Ukraine not Russian.

A TU-160 could be adapted for civilian use. It is much faster so she wouldn't miss any sales. But not as beautiful as the TU-95.

I think Thailand should buy a TU-95. And place it next to the aircraft carrier.

Russia must have a lot of old diesel subs rusting away somewhere what a chance to unload them.

yes buy a broken old Soviet sub and let Thai technician repair it.

Payment in frozen chicken.

Sounds like an excellent plan and a win-win for CP and Russia.

I hope the US is looking at what is happening here. They are about to lose any vested interest in Thailand by their own actions pushing Thailand away into the waiting arms of opposing countries.

I am surprised the USA is pushing Thailand away. They really do not care who they trade with. Take a look at China where human rights are non-existent. The west should not be trading with any country that has no human rights platform period. But then they are all wh*res in the end.

Dont understand your comment about whores? Can you explain?

Russian "advisors" back in SE Asia again, now who would have expected that?

Lots of retraining needing done for the RTAF from their Western jets to Russians ones, the Russians have some pretty good fighter jets, like the Su27 and Mig 29, both getting on in their years though and high maintenance.

Maybe they'll get some Yak 38's for their aircraft carrier as a swap for the rubber !!!

The Ruskies are having to go back to old communist trade by barter. Once had some Czechs wanting to "pay" in jars of jam and pickled cucumbers (not mixed!).

Do you think the Thai military will stop to think about maintenance, spare parts, different training requirements, life cycle costs and life cycle maintenance planning etc.? With the temptation of having some spanking new Russian warplanes to play with?

Maybe I'm being unkind because I know several senior RTAF officers, of the Wing Commander / Group Captain (Lt. Col & Col) level; and they're really excellent. It's the ones above who worry me (bit like back home!).

Hope we not going to see lots of "advisers" from Russia. Still no East Germans and Cubans this time around.

• Like 1

I am surprised the USA is pushing Thailand away. They really do not care who they trade with. Take a look at China where human rights are non-existent. The west should not be trading with any country that has no human rights platform period. But then they are all wh*res in the end.

I think he's suggesting that all countries behave like whores. They will sell their wares to anyone with enough cash, regardless of any other consideration.

I think he's suggesting that all countries behave like whores. They will sell their wares to anyone with enough cash, regardless of any other consideration.

But we know that's not true so I guess his comments will be regulated to the trash can for me.

Russian "advisors" back in SE Asia again, now who would have expected that?

Lots of retraining needing done for the RTAF from their Western jets to Russians ones, the Russians have some pretty good fighter jets, like the Su27 and Mig 29, both getting on in their years though and high maintenance.

Maybe they'll get some Yak 38's for their aircraft carrier as a swap for the rubber !!!

The Ruskies are having to go back to old communist trade by barter. Once had some Czechs wanting to "pay" in jars of jam and pickled cucumbers (not mixed!).

Do you think the Thai military will stop to think about maintenance, spare parts, different training requirements, life cycle costs and life cycle maintenance planning etc.? With the temptation of having some spanking new Russian warplanes to play with?

Maybe I'm being unkind because I know several senior RTAF officers, of the Wing Commander / Group Captain (Lt. Col & Col) level; and they're really excellent. It's the ones above who worry me (bit like back home!).

Hope we not going to see lots of "advisers" from Russia. Still no East Germans and Cubans this time around.

Before Thailand wanted to pay in frozen chicken.

countries don't behave at all. Politicians behave......I doubt they have always the best interest in mind....They want to please lobbyists, companies that give donations, pressure groups, voters etc etc