Amnat Charoen Immigration office Address.

Posted for the attention of Maestro.

Amnat Charoen Immigration office is located at the rear of the Civic Hall, 4.6Km along the 212, on the left, from the junction with the 202.

The entrance to the grounds of the Civic Hall are opposite a large Mitsubishi dealership.

Upon entering the entrance, follow the road around the large Civic Hall building to the rear at which point a smaller attached building becomes visible, which houses the Immigration office. It is well signposted from this vantage, however it is only accessible via a large set of steps.

Address;

Immigration Office

2nd Floor
Amnat Charoen City Hall

Tambon Non Nam Thaeng
Amphur Mueang
Amnat Charoen 37000

Thai:

ด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมือง

ชั้น 2
ศาลากลางจังหวัดอำนาจเจริญ
ตำบลโนนหนามแท่ง

อำเภอเมือง
.อำนาจเจริญ 37000

Phone: 045 523 239
Open:
08:30–12:00, 13:00–16:30
Service Area: Provinces of Amnat Charoen, Yasothon, Roi Et
E-Mail:
[email protected]

GPS Co-ordinates.

N15- 54.125'

E104- 37.315'

KhunBENQ, on 09 Apr 2015 - 11:16, said:KhunBENQ, on 09 Apr 2015 - 11:16, said:

Here then:

https://goo.gl/maps/b2wXj

Degrees Minutes 15°54.125', 104°37.315'

Decimal: 15.9020833, 104.6219167

http://amnatcharoen.immigration.go.th/

Yep, right at the side of the stairway entrance.

Don't bother with their website though. Wrong address, never been updated since they moved in 2011.

Edited by Faz

ubonjoe, on 09 Apr 2015 - 11:23, said:

I think he posted the info so Maestro can update the info on this map of immigration offices https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/15%C2%B054'07.5%22N+104%C2%B037'18.9%22E/@15.9020833,104.6219167,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=de

All that is there is the GPS coordinates with no address or other info.

Spot on Joe. thumbsup.gif

Updated on the Google map of immigration offices: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zgfDwlRKjQiw.ki8rj55aIYww. Is the marker in the correct position?

It seems to be a relatively new building, not yet shown on Google’s satellite map:

http://goo.gl/hyHVGR

I am now limiting the text in the balloon (pop up window) to the GPS coordinates and a link to the Thaivisa topic with additional information. Gives a less cluttered screen.

Somebody had put "Immigration Office For Visa Stamp" in a wrong location, at the coordinates 15.865902, 104.635838, and I have suggested the necessary changes in name and location to Google:

post-21260-0-83068800-1428614164_thumb.j

The marker is the car park adjacent the Immigration office.

For some unknown reason we couldn't get a signal under the large canopy covering the entrance.

To be more precise I've attached a thumbnail with markers A and B.

A being the entrance.

B is the Immigration office.

post-209671-0-01589200-1428627547_thumb.

Thank you all. Made the adjustment now.

I forgot to tell you the trick about right-clicking on the precise spot on Google Maps, then clicking on "Whats here?" to get the exact coordinates, which I am now pasting here: 15.901454, 104.622128

• 1 year later...
On 11/04/2015 at 1:12 AM, Maestro said:

Thank you all. Made the adjustment now.

I forgot to tell you the trick about right-clicking on the precise spot on Google Maps, then clicking on "Whats here?" to get the exact coordinates, which I am now pasting here: 15.901454, 104.622128

Posted for the attention of Maestro

. Sorry to write that all your efforts are not  yet effectuated. 

. Time ago I added the "Amnatcharoen Immigration Office" behind the City Hall at Google Maps.

It is still there to find. 

. My suggestions to  re/move the "Immigration Office For Visa Stamp"[sic]  was not followed. 

.Screenshot is what I got today from Google Maps, App at my Android Samsung Galaxy A8 (SM-A800F).

2016-09-14 13.57.26.png

I see that I took care of it in April last year but it seems that not all pones show the updates on Google Maps.

1. I updated the location on my personal Google map named "Thailand Immigration Offices" which I created principally for the readers of Thaivisa but made it public so that is shows up in a general Google search.
  2. I suggested to google to change the location for what then was then "Immigration Office for Visa Stamp" to the new, correct location and change the name to "Immigration Office". Google confirmed to me that these changes were made but I now see that they show up differently on Google Maps on different devices.
  3. On your Android device Samsung Galaxy A8, Google Maps shows the immigration office in the correct new location but with the name "Amnatcharoen Immigration Office", and it is in addition shown in the old, incorrect location with the name "Immigration Office for Visa Stamp"
  4. On my Android phone Nexus 5x,  Google Maps also shows the immigration office in the correct new location but with the name "Immigration Office for Visa Stamp", and no longer shows the office in the old location.
  5. On my Laptop,  when zoomed in close enough Google Maps also shows the immigration office in the correct new location but with the name "Immigration Office for Visa Stamp", and no longer shows the office in the old location.

Perhaps Google's local map guide changed the ext for the name and the address and I shan't bother making a new edit request. They've got quite a mess in the Google Maps division.

Posted for the attention of Maestro:

.Last night Google Maps did it's job. BRAVO! 

.After my post of yesterday, I made two edits that are done. (As you mentioned). 

.1) I changed

"Amnatcharoen Immigration Office" to

"Amnat Charoen Immigration Office".

And moved it to the eastern front of the roof.

.2) I moved "Immigration Office For Visa Stamp"[sic] with correct address to it's correct new location. 

.Today at 13:50 hr. 

I have sent an edit to remove the "Immigration Office For Visa Stamp" as being duplicate. 

.Screenshot is what I got now from Google Maps, App at my Android Samsung Galaxy A8 (SM-A800F).

Screenshot_20160915-141952.png

Thank you.

If a Google Maps user regularly makes edits for places in his area, Google will recognise him as a trusted source for such edits and approve them without any fuss. As I live in Switzerland, I have no such clout for necessary edits in Thailand.

• 8 months later...

Thanks for this info on the location of the immigration office. When I originally looked on the Google Map (charting our my course of Mukdahan) I thought that Amnat would be just a small town. When I rolled into town I realized that it is quite a medium-sized city, and found this thread through a Google search. I was able to get up there this morning, and it was smooth riding to get the extension. This post was very helpful in finding the location easily, and has saved me SIGNIFICANT pressure getting up to Mukdahan on my bike by the 12th (3 days). So , thanks everyone who provided data on this thread as it saved me A LOT of stress, and I can now stay in Amnat for a week or so and then proceed more comfortably up to Mukdahan, and then into Laos. 

FF