Invest in SET? What sources of info do you use?

I'm in the process of looking at online brokers for SET and would like to hear how others find their information and perform stock screens etc.

In the UK I use a combination of stock screening/charting websites, stock tips & analysis subscription services to help identify and narrow down potential investments but as far as I can tell there doesn't appear to be the same resources here.

Thanks

Why the SET? Maybe you have other sources, but then you wouldn't post her probably. In my opinion it's better to stick to the markets you know then to thread the murky waters of the SET. If you wanna invest in the bigger and well-known companies, they often have an ADR in the US so there is no need to specifically trade here in order to get some Thai exposure. Unless you really have good sources into specific companies I'd personally refrain from investing in anything more fancy than an ETF with Thailand/SEA exposure. Besides it being difficult for me to clearly investigate brokers, I would also be a bit worried about how safe my money is with any Thai institution when shit would hit the fan. So that is another reason for me to use brokers registered and regulated in Europe.

I am retired from UK, I have USA interective brokers account, lets me trade most exchanges LSE NYSE HK Aus, but not SET, as it is outside UK not liable to tax in UK, and if not brought into Thailand in same year as earnt safe from Thai tax also

Screening very basic with Phillip Securities but their database product is good.

Look for broker that provides efinancethai program technical and basic fundamental data - nearly all but not all do - CNS and ASP provide the most featured version and also the eft dealing interface (I believe) .

Metastock Xenith which is a surprisingly slightly hobbled retail version or Reuters Eikon carries fundamental data as well as charting - USD150/month - screening unfortunately is one area where retail version is hobbled. Xenith is basically like having Reuters/Bloomberg for USD150/month.

Why the SET? Maybe you have other sources, but then you wouldn't post her probably. In my opinion it's better to stick to the markets you know then to thread the murky waters of the SET. If you wanna invest in the bigger and well-known companies, they often have an ADR in the US so there is no need to specifically trade here in order to get some Thai exposure. Unless you really have good sources into specific companies I'd personally refrain from investing in anything more fancy than an ETF with Thailand/SEA exposure. Besides it being difficult for me to clearly investigate brokers, I would also be a bit worried about how safe my money is with any Thai institution when shit would hit the fan. So that is another reason for me to use brokers registered and regulated in Europe.

Good info...I use and trade with Kasikorn and don't really worry about the safety of my money... I don't have a large amount invested anyway.

Other posters have earlier recommended this for SET-trade:

Personally I have used some of the mutual funds (Fund Books) from the various banks, and they have performed fairly well. Kasikorn (K-Bank) seems to have the most informative web-site in English:

Weird, when I first started, it was all stocks. Then now most are property funds. Now, the portfolio gets bigger and bigger out of control! Wow, I love the SET.

All I use is:

www.settrade.com

Technical Chart to check I'm buying at a bargain.

My Microsoft Excel

Made money every year for the past decade, and will continue to stay fully invested in the SET till the end of time.