Gogglebox

Konini

I don't watch a lot of TV, let alone rave about it, but here's something I feel I should share.

Gogglebox is a program about people watching TV. Yup, couples, friends, family etc sitting around the box, just like we all do. Who would think that a program about people eating or having a drink and watching and occasionally shouting at the telly could be entertaining? It's been a ratings hit in UK and Aus because we are watching ourselves. .I caught an episode by accident when we were in Australia and was hooked. It's so incredibly funny, both of us were getting towards the stage of laughing until we had wet pants.

The UK one has been on for a couple of years, up to season 5, the Australian one just started in February. Available where all downloads live, if you get stuck send me a personal message and I'll see if I can help.

I have to say that the Australian one is much funnier than the UK one, but both are very, very entertaining.

• Like 2

Never seen it myself but I understand the most famous couple on the uk version; well their long term contract has been revoked because the guy decided he wanted to enter politics.

Something about a clash of interests!

Sounds like he is off to a million votes flyer already.

do they eat beans on toast? And does this have anything to do with CM?

Oh hush; let's enjoy it while it lasts.;)

A great movie I downloaded recently was Nightcrawler, which is brilliant in so many ways, not just as a thriller but also as a critique on news media, and on entrepreneurial / corporate BS towards employees. Was never much of a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal but what he manages here I don't think I've ever seen before. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/nightcrawler

Also, I finally discovered the Popcorn Time app for Windows (also Apple, etc.) to watch TV shows and movies. It's brilliant and super easy. Lots of good stuff for the kids too; started on "Paddington" which looked really fun.

Oh hush; let's enjoy it while it lasts.wink.png

A great movie I downloaded recently was Nightcrawler, which is brilliant in so many ways, not just as a thriller but also as a critique on news media, and on entrepreneurial / corporate BS towards employees. Was never much of a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal but what he manages here I don't think I've ever seen before. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/nightcrawler

Also, I finally discovered the Popcorn Time app for Windows (also Apple, etc.) to watch TV shows and movies. It's brilliant and super easy. Lots of good stuff for the kids too; started on "Paddington" which looked really fun.

Bangmai, is it possible to download movies/TV from Popcorntime on to a computer so I can then copy to a memory stick & watchh on my big TV?

I agree Nightcrawler' is excellent.

1. Possibly

2. It is to do with living in CM (or anywhere else). There are those amongst us who prefer our evening entertainment at home.

Some appreciated the post. My work is done.

Never seen it myself but I understand the most famous couple on the uk version; well their long term contract has been revoked because the guy decided he wanted to enter politics.

Something about a clash of interests!

Sounds like he is off to a million votes flyer already.

Almost - the most famous couple have a big posh bed and breakfast and always have a glass in their hands and a few inside them. The episode we watched yesterday saw them tip the couch backwards.

It's the couple with the dozy mother who cries at everything and seemingly crazy teenage son where the father is going to stand for UKIP - didn't see that one coming with some of the comments he's made (wink wink).

Try it out here (I use adblock and flashblock so I don't know if there are any ads)