Briton fights off teenage robbers in Pattaya

Thaivisa News

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

another confirmation that you should never drive a motor bike late at night while unarmed.

arf... facepalm.gif

Not sure if He be better off with couple of em dead and wounded?

I agree: robbery might have been the main motive,but this scum always relishes a bit of farang bashing.I ride a bicycle and teenagers on motorbikes have just pushed me off my bicycle and sped off,tried to burn my behind with a lighter, pulled up so close at high speed to make me lose my balance,not to mention the things I have been called in thai and english : farang aheea and farang khuay ( pr_ck) being there favorites.

Does work permit let you run a central Pataya bar?

Yes he can manage a bar and there's nothing to stop him owning it, in his missus name for example or as a Thai company

Edited by Alwyn

Why would they try and steal a bike with someone on it? when there are multi thousands of unattended bikes around, sounds more like a road rage incident to me, or something more

If security of modern bikes is the same as for modern cars they are not much good without the keys.

The garage accross the road from me advertises they can create keys in this exact scenario so can`t be that hard.

Why would they try and steal a bike with someone on it? when there are multi thousands of unattended bikes around, sounds more like a road rage incident to me, or something more

The PCX is a popular bike to steal, and that red colour is nice.

The bike also has an alarm so perhaps the gang's approach makes sense, which suggests pre-planning. Fortunate they didn't pre-plan guns or knives.

British Bar Owner fights off gang of youths in East Pattaya

xengland-11.jpg,qbaf06d.pagespeed.ic.gPk

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Friday a 33 year old British Bar Owner fought off a gang of 6 youths who were intent on stealing his valuable motorbike.

Mr. Danny Daniels was on his way to check on his Beer Bar in Soi Buakhao and was travelling down Soi Kao Noi in East Pattaya when a gang of 6 men on 3 motorbikes cut him off and forced him to skid and fall onto the road.

Read More: http://pattayaone.ne...ttaya One News)

xpattayaonelogo.png.pagespeed.ic.aLgKawV
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-11

You never heard of the saying: "A bike in hand is worth two in the bush"

Edited by Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere

Im glad the police are onto the clockwork orange gang on the beach, those guys have been attacking people for weeks, theres now about 8 of them since the last prison release and they have seriously beaten numerous random people, mostly Thais, and tried to extort money from the ladies, who they also will happily beat. if the cameras on the beach work they could track them quite easily but I doubt they do

I so hate laziness and predators that extort money from working people, all types of working people. If the scum are extorting or offering "protection" to the coconut tree girls or the nice old lady or young lady food cart vendors then they are to me the worst of the worst and lowest of the low, trying to take advantage of weakness. I have not met a donar cart vendor lady that wasn't pleasant and friendly and I eat that late at night often. Damn they better not be hassling those poor girls

And some say it is safe in Pattaya when you not drunk , not abusive and at daylight time.....

I know everywhere you can feel same way but somehow lately those incidents are just day after day in Pattaya..

I remember better times there....wink.png

coffee1.gif

Pal

Get over yourself

Patts is still a very safe place to live

Very few incidents considering the amount of tourists

Don't ever go to a large city like london,Paris New York

If you think Patts is dangerous

You would crap your pants as soon as you left your acc

• Like 1

I live near the Koi Noi/ Khatalo area an there are a few teenage gangs on mopeds that cruise around that area looking for trouble.

Interesting i saw a farang the other day riding his moped an fixed on front of his helmet was a small video camera. Not a bad idea if involved in an accident or probs with police or teenage troublemakers.

some thing like this 5000bht

post-62639-0-34065700-1428717098_thumb.j

Well done that man for hanging-on in there..you've still got your bike.

Reading the posts here about stealing a bike while the ownner is on it being a better option for the scumbags..it most certainly is...

...yes the keys are in the ignition, but that key opens the seat up..you need that key to put fuel in...AND (wait for it)

the most popular place for owners to keep their motorcycle's green registration book is...yup, you've guessed it..

under the seat! So for the thief it's a winner all round for him.

• Like 1

And some say it is safe in Pattaya when you not drunk , not abusive and at daylight time.....

I know everywhere you can feel same way but somehow lately those incidents are just day after day in Pattaya..

I remember better times there....wink.png

coffee1.gif

it said 3 am

Does work permit let you run a central Pataya bar?

Clown. But, yes, owning a bar is not a prohibited profession. Neither is managing a bar.

Why is he a clown? Just coz u an i know, doesnt mean that every tom, dick or harry does.

You're right, he's not a clown because clowns are funny. A petty, bitter, and nagging retired penpusher would probably be a more befitting description.

(And congratulations to you, Danny Daniels, for standing up to that disgusting scum and giving them hell. Usually they attack defenceless ladies or older guys, so they probably were fooled because you were wearing a helmet).

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 1

So in Pattaya look out for Thai yoofs with crash hats , not for their head protection as little to protect but to bash people minding their own business. I too own a red PCX and have been concerned a couple of times in my sleepy town when at night one or two locals yoofs are riding up and down on their tired old Waves. I now go to my local pub in the Toyota , feel a whole lot safer.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Don't embarrass yourself by posting such silliness. Are those "unattended bikes" unlocked and have the key? Of course, not. Try actually thinking before you write.

Thanks for responding to my post so politely, nice to see it was so popular.

There are probably dozens of bikes stolen each week in Pattaya, but this is the first one i can recall for a long time in this fashion, its very rare, hence my comment about being more to it, the victim is a bar owner a very easy profession to upset people

Think its hard to steal a parked bike, take a look at this

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/550199-gone-in-15-seconds-motorbike-theft-outside-a-convenience-store/

or this

Before calling someone "silly" do some research, its very easy to steal a parked bike with the right know how and tools

Don't embarrass yourself by posting such silliness. Are those "unattended bikes" unlocked and have the key? Of course, not. Try actually thinking before you write.

Thanks for responding to my post so politely, nice to see it was so popular.

There are probably dozens of bikes stolen each week in Pattaya, but this is the first one i can recall for a long time in this fashion, its very rare, hence my comment about being more to it, the victim is a bar owner a very easy profession to upset people

Think its hard to steal a parked bike, take a look at this

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/550199-gone-in-15-seconds-motorbike-theft-outside-a-convenience-store/

or this

Before calling someone "silly" do some research, its very easy to steal a parked bike with the right know how and tools

Which you obviously have