Seven arrested in Phuket pre-Songkran anti-crime and drug campaign

webfact

Seven arrested in Phuket pre-Songkran anti-crime and drug campaign
Eakkapop Thongtub

1428635004_1-org.jpg
The seven were arrested as part of a pre-Sonkran anti-crime and drug campaign.

PHUKET:-- One Thai man with an unlicenced firearm and six Burmese men with kratom juice and leaves were arrested in Patong yesterday night (April 9).

Kathu police arrested the seven after carrying out searches of teenage hang-out areas and worker̕s camps as part of a pre-Sonkran anti-crime and drug campaign.

Police first arrested Songchai Waritsayakorn, 37, in a house on Raschapathanusorn Rd who was found to have one unlicenced Remington rifle, a licenced semi automatic 9mm Glock pistol, 36 bullets and two magazines.

Songchai faces being charged with possession of a unlicenced firearm.

Police later raided a worker̕s camp and arrested six Burmese men in possession of kratom leaves and juice.

Kin mong Lan, 29, and Prai, 23, were arrested with kratom juice and will be charged with illegally producing kratom juice.

Tiha Zu, 23, Meaw Tes, 24, Kiew Mu 21, and Dech, 21, were all arrested with bundles of kratom leaves each and facing the charge of possession of a Category 5 drug.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/seven-arrested-in-phuket-pre-songkran-anti-crime-and-drug-campaign-51823.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-10

Still on a high from the pat on the back from one of the bosses they thought it appropriate to bust a few Burmese heads. I know what my dogs are doing at night, they are at home. If there is a need to go out, they are kept on a short leash. Something the BIB should practice.

Good! I like the development in Phuket now. They are really going after some of these thugs and criminals. I hope they continue to clean the streets.

Are you aware they just let 233 criminals out of gaol, in a mass pardon?

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phukets-shorttime-prisoners-walk-first-mass-pardon/56745

Lock a couple of dozen up, but let a couple of hundred out. I can't see how this "cleans the streets" of Phuket.