Prayuth Asks Media to Expose Redshirt Violence in 2010 Crackdown

Lite Beer

Prayuth Asks Media to Expose Redshirt Violence in 2010 Crackdown

By Khaosod Eng.

14286631151428663595l.jpg

BANGKOK — On the anniversary of the military crackdown on Redshirt protesters in 2010, Thai junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha has asked media agencies to help tell the "true" story of the violence that claimed more than 90 lives.

"Media, help me. Don't throw away the evidence. I saw you taking many photographs," Gen. Prayuth said in a videotaped speech that will be aired on national television tonight. He was referring to the clashes between Redshirt demonstrators and soldiers, which started five years ago today.

"Hundreds of you reporters walked behind soldiers, you dodged the bullets with them," said Gen. Prayuth, who is considered an architect of the 2010 crackdown. "Why don’t you help me by speaking out? Okay?"

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1428663115

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-04-10

With all the stiffs sitting behind the the PM, and his wife, they sure can have a crazy Songkran party tonight. It will be rocking and no stoppin' till the sun comes up in the mornin'! rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Why does he all of a sudden need the media to start providing evidence ?

Evidence for whom and for what reason? Sounds like a desperate plea, the army are free from any form of investigation as they have amnesties, so what's coming up that he seems a bit scared of?

• Like 1

He means he wants the media to tell the "sanitized" version of events according to him. Never mind what the actual truth is.

no there are videos which are very hard, I have seen them. But they never went mainstream because we want to make a group hug and love each other again.

That change is interesting and he could order TV to send them them if he want, but he does not.....also interesting.

Why should the media help a person who sensors their work, threatens them with incarceration, threatens to shut them down, threatens to punch them in the face and threatens to execute them. I ask again why should they help him.

Haven't you answered your own question?

• Like 2

Why should the media help a person who sensors their work, threatens them with incarceration, threatens to shut them down, threatens to punch them in the face and threatens to execute them. I ask again why should they help him.

Well sometimes he does toss them a banana. Their mistake was in assuming he wanted nothing in return.