Prayuth Asks Media to Expose Redshirt Violence in 2010 Crackdown

Lite Beer

Nice try to change the topic when you know you are losing.

No, he certainly didn't deserve to be convicted in the Ratchada case, when the NCCC had previously OKed the transaction "The Bank of Thailand also confirmed that prior to transferring the land to Pojaman, the Bank had been in contact with the National Counter Corruption Committee (NCCC), and that the NCCC had replied that as Thaksin Shinawatra did not directly supervise the Financial Institutions Development Fund (FIDF), who were the official seller, then there would be no problem with the NCCC Act Article 100." http://slimdogsworld.blogspot.com/

As for the War on Drugs "An independent committee probing drug-related killings during the first Thaksin Shinawatra government has found no concrete evidence linking senior figures with the murders, a Justice Ministry source said yesterday. After five months of inquiries, the panel, led by former attorney general Khanit na Nakhon, has obtained only statistical details about the number and nature of the murders. But no conclusion that would implicate police or Thaksin as the instigator of the shoot-to-kill policy has been reached." http://asiancorrespondent.com/

This land, was originally the property of Erawan Trust, and was purchased from the indebted finance company in 1995 for 2,140,357,500 baht.

The Ratchada-Phisek land which Pojaman Shinawatra purchased at auction in December 2003 for 772,000,000 baht

On May 17th 2006 a new building regulation code was introduced into Bangkok, splitting the City into various zones, (Residential, Commercial and Industrial) with reduced Floor area ratios for much of metropolitan Bangkok. This increased the value of the land

Buying land for less then 40% of the value and then giving it a new building code so the land value increases even more, sweet deal.

Nice try to change the topic when you know you are losing.

No, he certainly didn't deserve to be convicted in the Ratchada case, when the NCCC had previously OKed the transaction "The Bank of Thailand also confirmed that prior to transferring the land to Pojaman, the Bank had been in contact with the National Counter Corruption Committee (NCCC), and that the NCCC had replied that as Thaksin Shinawatra did not directly supervise the Financial Institutions Development Fund (FIDF), who were the official seller, then there would be no problem with the NCCC Act Article 100." http://slimdogsworld.blogspot.com/

As for the War on Drugs "An independent committee probing drug-related killings during the first Thaksin Shinawatra government has found no concrete evidence linking senior figures with the murders, a Justice Ministry source said yesterday. After five months of inquiries, the panel, led by former attorney general Khanit na Nakhon, has obtained only statistical details about the number and nature of the murders. But no conclusion that would implicate police or Thaksin as the instigator of the shoot-to-kill policy has been reached." http://asiancorrespondent.com/

This land, was originally the property of Erawan Trust, and was purchased from the indebted finance company in 1995 for 2,140,357,500 baht.

The Ratchada-Phisek land which Pojaman Shinawatra purchased at auction in December 2003 for 772,000,000 baht

On May 17th 2006 a new building regulation code was introduced into Bangkok, splitting the City into various zones, (Residential, Commercial and Industrial) with reduced Floor area ratios for much of metropolitan Bangkok. This increased the value of the land

Buying land for less then 40% of the value and then giving it a new building code so the land value increases even more, sweet deal.

It seems you are unaware of what happened to land prices after the 1997 Asian Financial crisis.

The relevant figures are the bids for the land;

Pojaman Shinawatra - 772,000,000 baht

Land & Houses Plc - 730,000,000 baht

Noble Development - 750,000,000 baht

If it was such a 'sweet deal' as you claim why weren't the bids higher?

How can you not love Thaivisa??

Every day the same posters are exchanging the same old insults.

And everyone proving, they are the rightest of the right, by adding endless quotes and pics, found on Google 2 minutes before posting.

And every poster, no matter what camp, are getting "likes" from exactly the same people, to cement the feeling of brotherhood.

But still after more than 150 posts on this thread, nobody have suggested a way for Thailand to move forward.

That would be a much more constructive, and could create some good discussions.

Because seriously, the way the yellow/red threads are now, are getting just a little boring................coffee1.gif

Are you tempting fate my friend?

The duck is asleep at least...

Can we have a family photo at the bar in Bangkok?

PS I am more right than you..And rest assured my comment is said in absolute respect so I hope it is not removed because i truly respect your view point.

And don't forget when I click like on your comment it does not mean it is classified as an "inflammatory post"

When I click like it means I like the post..

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

And everyone proving, they are the rightest of the right, by adding endless quotes and pics, found on Google 2 minutes before posting.

And every poster, no matter what camp, are getting "likes" from exactly the same people, to cement the feeling of brotherhood.

But still after more than 150 posts on this thread, nobody have suggested a way for Thailand to move forward.

Because seriously, the way the yellow/red threads are now, are getting just a little boring................coffee1.gif

PS I am more right than you..And rest assured my comment is said in absolute respect so I hope it is not removed because i truly respect your view point.

And don't forget when I click like on your comment it does not mean it is classified as an "inflammatory post"

I had to do it!!

No doubt, after both you and I have posted, there will be two red lights flashing in the ducks nest.

Well we will see, if our contributions survive the night..............

• Like 1

I had to do it!!

No doubt, after both you and I have posted, there will be two red lights flashing in the ducks nest.

Well we will see, if our contributions survive the night..............

There should be no issues. We have been respectful to each other and have not inflamed each other. That is what TVF is all about. Resect, care and exchange of ideas without insult. We did that, but alas it was removed. Though I do respect why it was removed even if I don't understand why…Take care JOC and have a great Sunday my friend,

He means he wants the media to tell the "sanitized" version of events according to him. Never mind what the actual truth is.

It was a war zone.

Yeah it was... It was damn the city and its people. We'll destroy it and them to have our man back.

Maybe, just maybe, it had something to do with, that the majority of Thai voters had enough of, over and over again, seeing their votes being voided by the judiciary and/or the army.

Violence is never a solution, but at some point most people reach their breaking point !!

Do you add Suthep and the whistle blowers to that? Did they have enough? I'd say they reached their breaking point as well, but it's more of a contrast than a comparison to 2010.

Or the the shopkeepers heavily extorted for months by Suthep's guards and thugs around Asoke, Lumpini and every other stage. Let's be real, Suthep played the whistle blower mob - they were, as they were often called, useful idiots. He rallied them to serve a purpose, and he wan't calling the shots. He was, and remains, one of the great scumbags of Thai politics in recent decades - self serving, or for sale to the highest bidder when that offered more advantage.

You have proof of this extortion ?

Edited by casualbiker

Reds have been around before they were labeled reds, they even protested in Bangkok when Thaksin was in power, wearing red. Thaksin gave them everything they wanted and a cow.

Before the courts, army & yellows colluded to oust the legitimate government there were no red shirts.

"Hundreds of you reporters walked behind soldiers, you dodged the bullets with them," said Gen. Prayuth, who is considered an architect of the 2010 crackdown. "Why don’t you help me by speaking out? Okay?"

maybe that is because the journalists were dodging the bullets from them and not with them.... bah.gif

This guy gets crazier by the day...

Edited by tbthailand

Reds have been around before they were labeled reds, they even protested in Bangkok when Thaksin was in power, wearing red. Thaksin gave them everything they wanted and a cow.

Before the courts, army & yellows colluded to oust the legitimate government there were no red shirts.

thaksin supports were around before the UDD, but the UDD / red shirts did not exist before the 2006 coup.

Ok a little factoid for you I was at Chulalongkorn university hospital visiting a sick friend and saw with my own eyes one small part of what was going on ,Ok it was just a very small part but from what I seem there was a bunch of knuckleheads not in uniform with guns shooting in to crowds not caring at who or what they were shooting at. Now on my planet if your being shot at you do shoot back. I'm not saying it is right just telling the facts. I seen these guys hiding up on roofs shooting down and running. I'm sure fear was also a factor in this too so don't call the kettle black get your facts straight first. Those of you that were here were most likely hiding under your bed at the time. Not siding with anyone the truth is the truth. Yes a lot were unarmed but some cowards with guns used the crowd,s as a sheild to hide behind do I know who they are NO do I suspect who they are Yes but no proof.

• Like 1

thaksin supports were around before the UDD, but the UDD / red shirts did not exist before the 2006 coup.
Off course they weren't.. Thaksin didn't need them until 2006.

It's interesting the worlds view of Coup.. Cambodia for example Hun Sen actually took power in a coup and then has held power with ummm unconventional democracy.. At least it must be democracy as there are no outcries from America. Europe or Australia. In fact all either give aid or have financial dealings with the Hun Sen government!! Strange.. No?

Edited by casualbiker

<snip>

<snip>

Dismantle the police, army, navy, air-force, judicial system, education ministry, land registry office, the BOT, the BOI, TAT, TOT, eat all the politicians, ban the wearing of uniforms of any kind, no medals, no wings, stop the 8am indoctrination in the school yard, make all 66 million wear a badge that says ''I am no better than you''

Did I miss out anything?

//edit/forgot/keep the nurses.

Edited by Thaddeus

<snip>

<snip>

Dismantle the police, army, navy, air-force, judicial system, education ministry, land registry office, the BOT, the BOI, TAT, TOT, eat all the politicians, ban the wearing of uniforms of any kind, no medals, no wings, stop the 8am indoctrination in the school yard, make all 66 million wear a badge that says ''I am no better than you''

Did I miss out anything?

//edit/forgot/keep the nurses.

There goes 99.9967438% of the topics on Thaivisa........................coffee1.gif

He means he wants the media to tell the "sanitized" version of events according to him. Never mind what the actual truth is.

Oh please tell me, JV, what is the actual truth?

That the reds and the blacks were shooting at the army?

That the reds were burning everything on their path?

That the reds had BKK ransomed for weeks?

I also don't agree with the army shooting back, but that had to stop somehow.

Now, as the PM wisely said, let the courts find out the truth and deliver justice to the wrongdoers.

But don't try to hide behind your little finger.....it doesn't work.

Do you mean this ransom of BKK and international flights? http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/nov/26/peoples-alliance-for-democracy

This is exactly what I said about some posters being so desperate and vainly clutching at straws, when trying to defend the actions of a terrorist organization.

(An illegal group that would all be put behind bars if they raised their ugly heads "back ome".)

Posting seven year old articles from the Guardian no least.

Why don't you throw in a few links to Asian Correspondent and Bangkok Pundit while you are at it ?

If you don't agree with links from the Guardian etc it's always open to you to post links from elsewhere to present a different point of view.

The problem you might face is that no serious source has ever really supported the anti democracy and that field is left to nut jobs like Tony Cartalucci and Michael Yon.

Oh please tell me, JV, what is the actual truth?

That the reds and the blacks were shooting at the army?

That the reds were burning everything on their path?

That the reds had BKK ransomed for weeks?

I also don't agree with the army shooting back, but that had to stop somehow.

Now, as the PM wisely said, let the courts find out the truth and deliver justice to the wrongdoers.

But don't try to hide behind your little finger.....it doesn't work.

Do you mean this ransom of BKK and international flights? http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/nov/26/peoples-alliance-for-democracy

This is exactly what I said about some posters being so desperate and vainly clutching at straws, when trying to defend the actions of a terrorist organization.

(An illegal group that would all be put behind bars if they raised their ugly heads "back ome".)

Why don't you throw in a few links to Asian Correspondent and Bangkok Pundit while you are at it ?

mikemac, what are you talking about ??

Are you trying to say that a bunch of Thai men with red t-shirts are the bad guys, and that they would be arrested if this was "back home" ?

Please realise, the Thai men in the red t-shirts are people who are backing Thaksin. And basically, if Thaksin was back being in charge of Thailand, well, it means that places like Europe, USA and Australia would be back to having full links with Thailand. It's BECAUSE Thaksin is not in charge, that's why the governments back home (Britain, Europe, USA, Australia, etc) are not happy. That's why they're refusing to have full links with Thailand.

What's the difference between a Thailand that is run by Thaksin, and a Thailad that is not run by Thaksin ? Well, Thailand run by Thaksin will be looking at China AND the West, and playing the two sides off each other. As in, collect the benefits from China and the West. Thailand not having Thaksin wil not be able to have full links with America and Europe. Thailand without Thaksin will have China, and China only. Actually, will have Russia as well.

mikemac, what are you talking about ??

Are you trying to say that a bunch of Thai men with red t-shirts are the bad guys, and that they would be arrested if this was "back home" ?

Please realise, the Thai men in the red t-shirts are people who are backing Thaksin. And basically, if Thaksin was back being in charge of Thailand, well, it means that places like Europe, USA and Australia would be back to having full links with Thailand. It's BECAUSE Thaksin is not in charge, that's why the governments back home (Britain, Europe, USA, Australia, etc) are not happy. That's why they're refusing to have full links with Thailand.

What's the difference between a Thailand that is run by Thaksin, and a Thailad that is not run by Thaksin ? Well, Thailand run by Thaksin will be looking at China AND the West, and playing the two sides off each other. As in, collect the benefits from China and the West. Thailand not having Thaksin wil not be able to have full links with America and Europe. Thailand without Thaksin will have China, and China only. Actually, will have Russia as well.

"Well, Thailand run by Thaksin will be looking at China AND the West, and playing the two sides off each other. As in, collect the benefits from China and the West."

Wishful thinking comes to mind blink.png

• Like 1

No they hadn't. In fact only 6 days earlier "Apr 4, 2010 - Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva went on TV Sunday morning, urging the red-shirt protesters to stop blocking roads and return to rally at the Phan Fa Bridge" http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/04/04/politics/PM-tells-protesters-to-return-to-Phan-Fa-30126343.html

There had been loads of M79 grenade attacks before this clash. The protesters had been given loads of time to leave but they chose to fight.

& how do you expect them to react to being attacked by their own army? Before the April 10 attack @ dusk their had been no violence. When they were being advanced on they responded.

Just as when the police tried to clear the PRDC they responded with shots & grenades at the police.

A state of emergency was declared in Bangkok on 8 April, banning political assemblies of more than five people. ===> time to leave.

Over 100,000 people come to Bangkok to protest an illegitimate government, imposed on the people by the military & courts ===> time to call for immediate elections to let the people decide.

A (very) minor correction if I may. Nothing really serious.

"Over 100,000 people come to Bangkok to protest an illegitimate government"

should be

"Over 100,000 people come to Bangkok to protest a government they consider illegitimate"

How is appointing Mr. Non Event or Mark legitimate ? He did the right thing ((held elections) and guess what happened? You can stand on your elitist soap box as long as you want, but nobody will believe it.

A state of emergency was declared in Bangkok on 8 April, banning political assemblies of more than five people. ===> time to leave.

Over 100,000 people come to Bangkok to protest an illegitimate government, imposed on the people by the military & courts ===> time to call for immediate elections to let the people decide.

should be

"Over 100,000 people come to Bangkok to protest a government they consider illegitimate"

How is appointing Mr. Non Event or Mark legitimate ? He did the right thing ((held elections) and guess what happened? You can stand on your elitist soap box as long as you want, but nobody will believe it.

The answer to this I already included in my

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/816472-prayuth-asks-media-to-expose-redshirt-violence-in-2010-crackdown/page-6#entry9295510

You seem to have missed that. The relevant part was

""BANGKOK: -- Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, aged 44, has become the 27th and youngest prime minister of Thailand after receiving 235 votes from 431 MPs at the extraordinary parliamentary session on Monday.

Another candidate nominated by the Puea Thai party, Puea Pandin leader Pracha Promnok, obtained 198 votes.""

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/229705-abhisit-vejjajiva-elected-new-prime-minister-of-thailand/page-3#entry2406489

should be

The answer to this I already included in my

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/816472-prayuth-asks-media-to-expose-redshirt-violence-in-2010-crackdown/page-6#entry9295510

You seem to have missed that. The relevant part was

""BANGKOK: -- Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, aged 44, has become the 27th and youngest prime minister of Thailand after receiving 235 votes from 431 MPs at the extraordinary parliamentary session on Monday.

Another candidate nominated by the Puea Thai party, Puea Pandin leader Pracha Promnok, obtained 198 votes.""

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/229705-abhisit-vejjajiva-elected-new-prime-minister-of-thailand/page-3#entry2406489

Must be hard to vote freely with a gun pointed to your head, eh?

• Like 2

Their network did exist before the coup. Same people, different name. When the anti-Thaksin supporters took it to the street, before the 2006 coup, they were already under attack from this group. They beat up children and elderly (attack on PAD on August 21, 2006 at Central World), attacked and laid siege of the Nation Tower (newspaper) by the 'Caravan of the Poor'. Thaksin's political machine had already mobilized his motor taxi gangs that formed his intelligence and intimidation on the streets of Bangkok. There have been fierce battles between PAD security and those motor taxi boys (including shootings).

The seeds of what later was united in the red-shirts/UDD was already there, even when he was PM. They did his dirty work, intimidate his opponents.

um yeah, sure...

nah, not really, that's just BS... But it is an interesting angle... I've seen more than one poster try to create that fantasy.