Pattaya Post Office closed Apr 12-15 2015 - Songkran

MrWorldwide

Not sure how that lines up with the rest of officialdom in the Kingdom, or the Consulates elsewhere, but according to the note stuck to the door down at Soi Post Office this morning, thats how its going to be here. Also not sure what sort of backlog will be in the sorting rooms next Thursday April 16 but I guess that goes with the territory - this is their biggest holiday of the year after all.

Edited by MrWorldwide

Yep they are closed for four days. I checked because I have a postal vote in the UK elections. Although I can ensure it gets back quickly, I fear it may not arrive until after the election - given the backlog they will have. My constituency MP only has a 55 majority, so you can see why it's important to me. Next time, a proxy vote!.sad.png

Oddly enough, I actually got a postal delivery yesterday (15th). Airmail from UK to Pattaya Dark Side.

DM

Blimey Doc! You must be blessed. Maybe it was delivered to the wrong address originally and some kind soul did the right thing.

I read somewhere that the tracking service has been taken offline over the Songkran holiday period for maintianance/upgrade.

It's online again. Just got a updae. Out for delivery. So, i will get my parcel today afternoon (i hope)

Oddly enough, I actually got a postal delivery yesterday (15th). Airmail from UK to Pattaya Dark Side.

DM

Blimey Doc! You must be blessed. Maybe it was delivered to the wrong address originally and some kind soul did the right thing.

Looked like our usual delivery bod - on his m/c with a basket full of post.

DM