Poll: Elderly find Thai society less liveable

Lite Beer

i agree too that the respect disapear , that the youg people in thailand just think about money , they learn very quick ( like everywhere in the world ) but only the bad thinks , thank you internet , but when i see how the parents and the grand-parents make the education of the young here , i mean that they teach them that there is no rules , that you can do everything you want , that you don't have to take yours responsabilities , no need to take care for the others , not help the others when they hqve problems , close your eyes when you see somebady have problems on the road or in the streets . and just think about the money , its normal that the young are like this then in Thailand ,

moral decline = the presence of agogo bars and walking street?

I am sure some of the elderly got thier start in working life in these bars.

I just wonder what the elders in ancient Rome were saying...as they went off to see some Christians being torn up by lions....before stopping over at Caligua's happening orgy.

"and remember kids...no sex with the babysitter and stop hitting each other."

Edited by slipperylobster

I would have to agree with everything the old dears have said! The rise of selfishness and rudeness in Thailand over the past decade has been astonishing.

Mirrored by the exact behavior in the old dears that have come here from overseas.

I agree the last 10-15 years Thailand is hardly recognizable in these aspects.

in french we say " the fruit don't fall far from the tree " , and " you harvest what you sow " . but if the parents and grand-parents had educate the young people and teach them the respect , the responsabilities and the good way to live with all the others , the good traditions , the right values of the bouddhism , it ll change . the only problem : do they know all that .....