"Enter before date" on my double entry visa - which entry?

On a double entry visa, does the "enter before date" apply only to the first entry, or both entries?

My enter before date on the visa says April 18. I got it in Savannakhet on Jan 19 and entered the same day (first entry). On the other page, the entry stamp says I have to leave by April 18 (same date as the enter before date on the visa).

So if I leave, travel around, come back around May 13 for my second entry, is that going to be a problem because it says "enter before April 18"?

??

You entered on Jan 19 and got a "PERMISSION TO STAY" stamp ("have to leave by") until April 18?

That is 90 days. So not a tourist visa (would give you 60 days).

But "double entry" sounds like a TR. Somewhat contradictionary/inplausible here.

What visa you have?

Edited by KhunBENQ

You have to make both entries before the enter before date.

Which means exit and enter before 18th April.

Oh crap. This messes up my plans big time. Can anyone confirm just to be sure?

??

You entered on Jan 19 and got a "PERMISSION TO STAY" stamp ("have to leave by") until April 18?

That is 90 days. So not a tourist visa (would give you 60 days).

But "double entry" sounds like a TR. Somewhat contradictionary/inplausible here.

What visa you have?

Sorry for the confusion. I'll give more details.

It's a tourist (TR) visa, double entry. When I entered I got a stamp for 60 days, then in Bangkok I got a 30 day extension. Like this:

Jan 19 - First entry. Entry stamp says until Mar 19 (60 days)

Mar 19 - I got an extension in Bangkok until Apr 18 (30 days)

So the extension stamp say I have to leave by April 18, and the Visa itself says I must enter before April 18.

Which means if you enter after April 18th you will get 30 or 15 days. (Depending on your nationality)

If you are Canadian you will get 30 days.

So you mean if my 2nd entry is after April 18, that means the visa would no longer be valid, and it would be just like I'm entering without a visa, right?

Thanks for your responses.

confirmed, have to enter before for the second entry.

You could make a border hop on or before the 18th to use the 2nd entry and get a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 60 day entry valid if want to make a trip out of the country.

Hey Joe. That would be so nice! How confident are you that it would be possible? I know you are very knowledgeable on these topics, but I was reading something that might contradict this elsewhere on the site:

If you have an Single entry visa , extension of stay or Permanent Residence and woul d like to travel outside of Thailand for a short period then an re-entry permit will be needed.

It seems to imply that re-entry permits don't work with double entries, or perhaps the list is incomplete?

BTW I kind of asked this question in a new post about getting 3 tourist visas in a row. Sorry if it's confusing with 2 threads, but I thought it was appropriate with them being different topics.

You can get a re-entry permit for any permit to stay. If you left the country and got a new 60 day permit to stay you can get a re-entry permit for it.

You should of posted in this topic about getting another tourist visa. The only restriction for getting another one is from the same embassy or consulate after you have gotten 3 from the same one at a nearby embassy or consulate.

You can get a re-entry permit for any permit to stay. If you left the country and got a new 60 day permit to stay you can get a re-entry permit for it.

You should of posted in this topic about getting another tourist visa. The only restriction for getting another one is from the same embassy or consulate after you have gotten 3 from the same one at a nearby embassy or consulate.

This is good news.

So I can make my second entry this week before the deadline, then get a re-entry permit. Or I could go back to Savannakhet and get a new visa, as it would only be my third tourist in a row.

I'd rather just leave Thailand to travel a month, then get my third tourist visa abroad. Do you know if Jakarta would work for this? I'd want to get a 60 day single entry there. I'll also be in Manila and Hong Kong, but only about 4 or 5 days each.

Thanks Joe. And sorry about starting 2 threads.

Jakarta would issue a single entry visa. But you need to check with them for their requirements to get it. Reports are that they want to see a flight out of the country and proof of accommodations while you are here.

Jakarta would issue a single entry visa. But you need to check with them for their requirements to get it. Reports are that they want to see a flight out of the country and proof of accommodations while you are here.

Okay great. I'm gonna chew on that for a while :) You've been an immense help Joe.

Proof of accommodations. Hmmmm.., I can't show a hotel booking because I have an apartment in Bangkok. I wonder if a recent apartment rent bill would work? But kind of worried about that because an apartment isn't very toursity, and they might suspect I'm working illegally or whatever because I have been here a long time. Is it possible to "stay with a friend"? And is there an easy protocol for proving that?

Plans have changed. Now it looks like Yangon, Bali and Jakarta. Any idea which embassy/consulate would give me the least hassle?

I suppose if I can't get a tourist visa abroad, I might just be able to get 30 days on arrival because I'm Canadian. But I might need like 45 days, which is why I'd prefer a visa.

Jackrta will will a accept your apartment bill.

You can get a tourist visa at the consulate in Bali. You will just need to show a ticket out of the country.

They will issue a visa with up to entries there.

I suppose if I can't get a tourist visa abroad, I might just be able to get 30 days on arrival because I'm Canadian. But I might need like 45 days, which is why I'd prefer a visa.

The 30 day visa exempt entry you get on arrival because you're Canadian can itself be extended by 30 days by visiting immigration just before the end of the first 30 day stay. So a total of 60 days is possible on a visa exempt entry if you are willing to pay 1,900 Baht at the immigration office for the second 30 day stay.

Ah nice guys. Thanks. Looks like i have a lot of options then. I'll probably apply for a visa in Jakarta, and then plan B is bali, plan C is VOA.

I might not have a ticket out of the country to show them. But maybe I'll just buy the cheapest flight out and never use it. Or find one that I can cancel for cheap.

What about "proof of a ticket out" for people who are planning to leave the country by land? Like what if I was going to bus across the border to Cambodia? You can't get a ticket for that. Or would they accept a bus ticket to a Thai border city as a ticket out?