English Language School in Chiang Mai

cmth

Can anyone recommend a good English Language school for a native Thai speaker 20 years old? I am looking for more of an intensive classroom setting rather than one on one tutoring. I don't want to make a decision based on price but I don't want to overpay either. I have done some research on the internet but can't seem to find anything too specific about the schools here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I taught at AUA for a few years (not in Chiang Mai although I did my TESOL training there). They have a good curriculum, and if it's being followed by dedicated instructors, it produces good results. However, there is variability in each school as you will find in any company that has multiple branch campuses. If management has their act together and the instructors are motivated, then they probably have one of the better programs in the area. However, you'll have to vet it on your own. I'd definitely suggest taking the assessment and taking at least two six week terms at what ever level your 20 year old is placed in. Trust the assessment; don't push your student to any higher level. If your student enjoys the program and the instructors, then they probably have a good program at the Chiang Mai branch.

Best of luck!

Edited by connda
  • Like 1