'M Redshirt' arrested in connection to Friday attacks on Samui island

webfact

Not only do I fail to see how this bombing would benefit the red cause. I also have trouble understanding why someone would post about it before hand on Facebook.

Not that logic and caution have a big role in decision making here.

'Red mentality' showing it's true colours (literally) - of course it won't benefit their cause which is the one big positive about this retards actions.

Doh!!! If you are going to rob a house you don't tell the owners, do you facepalm.gif.

This will simply give the government more time to engineer a situation whereby the democratically elected government will not be in control of the country in the guise as a pseudo-dictatorial entity as all past Shinawatra regimes were. I am all in favour of politicians power being diluted as all they seem to create the divides that exist and go on a self enriching spree once they get 'democratically' elected. I prefer honest, well intentioned appointed people to lying, cheating scheming 'elected' scum bags!!!

The thing about an election is that you can only elect was is put in front of you - in Harrogate they once elected a monkey as mayor, yeh!! for democracy, not sure if he promised free bananas for everyone but whatever he did, it did the trick!

Edited by lucky11

Not in any way advocating violence.

But a lot of the civil liberties many of us enjoy today, would probably not have been achieved without some brave people fighting repressive regimes. Back then those brave people were labeled terrorists by those in power. Not to different from today really.

So maybe those people fighting the feudal masters are the future heroes of Thailand?

And before you get started, I don't condone violence in any form or by anyone, but I can understand that people can reach their breaking point!!

Interesting post.On Thai Visa political discussions it is taken for granted that the use of violence is to be deplored and whichever side uses excessive force effectively loses the argument.I confess this is also my position.

And yet is it historically justified? If there is a regime that is totally lacking in legitimacy, speaks only for a privileged minority and is incompetent and arrogant - perhaps some judicious violence can be understood if not endorsed.

Pray explain "judicious violence'. It that the same as 'judicial bias' ?

No it has nothing to do with that.It means that if there is a illegitimate and authoritarian power in place which has criminally seized power and cannot be ejected through normal electoral means, a violent solution would be distressing but not necessarily the greatest disaster that mankind has experienced.

So you accept the family clan that was using violence and murder to try and cling on to power and whitewash their criminal leader and themselves, that was finally removed in a peaceful coup, can use violence, intimidation and murder (possibly) to try and bring down the coup installed government that replaced them?

Ah, of course, being "elected" means they can (and did) do whatever they want.

• Like 1

"...Military officers have detained a Redshirt activist on suspicion of plotting the car bomb and arson attack "

So we can expect a confession any day now after the proper interrogation procedures have been applied. In its outright subversion of the Thai people's rights and liberties, the Junta has no legitimacy to conduct any credible criminal investigation nor try suspects.

I can usually understand most simple people but for some reason I fail when it comes to you.

This PM and government have been put before the King of Thailand, who by the way IS the supreme ruler in Thailand and he has accepted them. It has also been gazetted which means that the government has all the powers of a legal government in Thialand to rule the country.

I can understand that many Thais are not happy about this and also that many Thais are happy about it.

Now if YOU as a non Thai, non voting person of foreign extraction have a problem with it I can offer a couple of suggestions.

Personally YOU need to go to Bangkok, make an appointment with the PM, and accompanied by a media crew and explain to the PM (here you may need a translator) that what he has done so far and is still doing is illegal and that you wish to make a citizens arrest of him and have him charged with treason and put in jail with no bail. Good luck with thay.

Alternative accept that he IS the legal PM of Thailand and what he is doing is actually legal too.

Whichever way you choose please stop your ranting about it being illegal because it isn't.

Have the remainder of a nice Songkran.

'M Redshirt' arrested in connection to Friday attacks

THE NATION

THE NATIONAL Council for Peace and Order yesterday confirmed that Article 44 of the provisional constitution was cited to arrest Narin Umnongbua or "M Redshirt" in connection with the weekend bombing at the Central Festival shopping mall on Samui island.

Colonel Winthai Suvari, spokesman for the NCPO, said yesterday that the suspect is being detained at a classified place for investigation, which should take no longer than seven days.

All details of the interrogation would be accessible when it has been completed - and not before that, he said.

Facebook post on Surat Thani

"The government officials are not working according to their personal judgement. There is clear evidence and information that can be verified with regards to the process," he said.

The suspect had posted on Facebook that "a lot of stuff is being prepared for Surat Thani tonight".

The car bomb attack in Surat Thani did not signify an expansion of the conflict zone resulting from the unrest in the southernmost provinces, he said.

"Most of the bombings beyond the southernmost provinces are done with the intention to create a disturbance," he said.

Some groups of people are looking for occasions to blow up bombs and fire war weapons, he said.

Officials would be tough with legal measures to tackle the problem, he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/M-Redshirt-arrested-in-connection-to-Friday-attack-30257969.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-04-13

I think it's about time to outlaw the red shirt all together. They continue to bring misery and violence to this country.

As far as I know that would be 'passport', not 'diplomatic passport'

It was returned to him by his sister 3 weeks after she became PM.

His passport was returned in about October, a few months after the election and during the floods when the department was closed. It wasn't a diplomatic passport.

As an ex-PM he is legally entitled to hold a diplomatic passport for the rest of his life.

As a ego-maniac and raging psychopath, he will feel entitled to a diplomatic passport.

As a micro-managing puppet master, who instructed a department over which he had total control over to print him a passport, how could it be he got the FM, his cousin, to hand deliver abroad, during the worst floods in living memory, an ordinary passport?

The Thaksin I know and love, would have given himself one with all the bells and whistles.

At times my knowledge of Thai law (or any countries laws for what it matters) is fairly limited. Till now I've never heard or read that an ex-PM in any country is entitled to hold a diplomatic passport.

I guess for Thailand that would be in some organic law for political office holders, or on laws regarding nationality, IDs and passports ?