paint matching in Thailand

konisaan

Overseas paint matching is a breeze. You grab a few paint sample cards that look right then you find the right one when you get home and compare to your wall.

But they don't have the cards here anywhere I have looked, just fold out brochures that have a fraction of the possible colors.

How can you match? Chisel out a chunk of wall and take it to Homepro and match it with the single sample book they have on hand?

I was not offered house paint color cards when I shopped for paint in Buriram at several stores including HomePro, Global House, Thai Watsadu, Home Mart and a paint shop downtown by the morning market. However I was loaned a house paint sample book that included every possible color of TOA House Paint, a sample color book of Nippon House Paint and a sample card book with all manner of house paint colors of Delta paint from a Builders Merchant Store in Buriram. It made it easy for me to find colors that matched the ICI Dulux paint that had served me well but needed to be repainted. I was able to save money on house painting in Buriram by using a brand other than Dulux and the colors matched perfect. The low end series of most any paint brand such as Super Junior, 4 Seasons, Super Matex will only come in standard factory mixed colors and they will not have a color sample swatch of cards, but they will have a color fold out brochure.

You can see the color sample card swatch in the Nippon House Paint photo on the far right of the table near the computer monitor in Buriram. The Delta paint color sample cards which the Buriram store will loan you is also on the far right of the counter top near the umbrella handle. The TOA Paint sample cards are behind the elbow of the paint sales woman "PC", in Buriram at Ruangsangthai. I believe if the owner of a family owned builders merchants store or family owned paint shop knew you were a serious buyer of house paint who would return the sample color book in a day or two they could also loan you the paint color cards they keep at the store in Thailand. Most any large builders merchants store will have one or more "pc" for each paint brand. The Buriram Global House has seven different paint "Pc's". Any "Pc" has access to all manner of product samples and if the store owner or store manager, told the "pc" to loan you the card samples it could happen as was my personal experience in Buriram. A paint company PC has a budget for fuel to go to your house and help you pick colors or to guide your painters. A building materials store owner or modern trade big box store manager has the authority and ability to request the paint company representative to go to your home or building site to help you with color choices and painting procedures. This is not unique to Buriram.

post-20604-0-51778200-1428942597_thumb.j

post-20604-0-62788400-1428942646_thumb.j

post-20604-0-24463000-1428942694_thumb.j

• Like 2

Certainly Home Sukkapan has colout cards as i remember taking home all the pastel shades of yellow and brown to gey a match.

The brochures have a lot of their standard colours but if you can found a Dulux centre; dulux have a thick wedge of their colour cards with the British Standard colours.

Thais are not big on diy yet so colour cards decorating and match paint pots are a long way off.

They are happy with white walls but if the store doesnt have white then it will be mai pen rai to lime green.

You may need to change attitude before change colour.

I was not offered house paint color cards when I shopped for paint in Buriram at several stores including HomePro, Global House, Thai Watsadu, Home Mart and a paint shop downtown by the morning market. However I was loaned a house paint sample book that included every possible color of TOA House Paint, a sample color book of Nippon House Paint and a sample card book with all manner of house paint colors of Delta paint from a Builders Merchant Store in Buriram. It made it easy for me to find colors that matched the ICI Dulux paint that had served me well but needed to be repainted. I was able to save money on house painting in Buriram by using a brand other than Dulux and the colors matched perfect. The low end series of most any paint brand such as Super Junior, 4 Seasons, Super Matex will only come in standard factory mixed colors and they will not have a color sample swatch of cards, but they will have a color fold out brochure.

You can see the color sample card swatch in the Nippon House Paint photo on the far right of the table near the computer monitor in Buriram. The Delta paint color sample cards which the Buriram store will loan you is also on the far right of the counter top near the umbrella handle. The TOA Paint sample cards are behind the elbow of the paint sales woman "PC", in Buriram at Ruangsangthai. I believe if the owner of a family owned builders merchants store or family owned paint shop knew you were a serious buyer of house paint who would return the sample color book in a day or two they could also loan you the paint color cards they keep at the store in Thailand. Most any large builders merchants store will have one or more "pc" for each paint brand. The Buriram Global House has seven different paint "Pc's". Any "Pc" has access to all manner of product samples and if the store owner or store manager, told the "pc" to loan you the card samples it could happen as was my personal experience in Buriram. A paint company PC has a budget for fuel to go to your house and help you pick colors or to guide your painters. A building materials store owner or modern trade big box store manager has the authority and ability to request the paint company representative to go to your home or building site to help you with color choices and painting procedures. This is not unique to Buriram.

Thanks for a very detailed and useful reply

Kamalabob gets Answer of the Year Award!

ps you may be able to sue a camera or say iPad camera to match colours but first check against the original colour that it comes out exactly the same hue or not.

Edited by cheeryble

• 9 years later...