Recommendations for Pool Cleaner?

IMHO

I'm finally getting tired of spending 30 mins every day vacuuming the pool over holiday periods like this.. Has anyone got any real world experience with automatic pool cleaners?

I guess I'd be looking for something that works on the suction side (skimmer, vac port) rather than return (I have several return jets, so wouldn't get pressure) and I'm not interested in a robot that has 220V in the pool.

The pool is a small 8.5x4.5x1.5M fibreglass (that still manages to get 10+ swimmers on school holidays), with SWC and a 1HP pump.

The main things it needs to pickup is (lots of) sand and a few dead bugs that reach the bottom.

Your actual experiences are appreciated over vendor recommendations, and units that are readily available in TH are preferred because I'm over it now, not in 3 weeks time, hehe tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

I think that you should convert your sand filter into cartridge filter because I am using it and I am so much enjoying in my pool swimming in summers. I hope that you will definitely come out from the problem. Cartridge filter easily clean the pool water and remove all the impurities from the water.

I think that you should convert your sand filter into cartridge filter because I am using it and I am so much enjoying in my pool swimming in summers. I hope that you will definitely come out from the problem. Cartridge filter easily clean the pool water and remove all the impurities from the water.

The sand in the pool isn't coming from the filter - it's coming from the air in the form of dust. What I'm talking about is automatic pool cleaners - i.e. the machines you attach to your vacuum port that do the vacuuming for you.

Changing the filter type will do nothing for my problem (laziness to vacuum the pool) wink.png

Edited by IMHO

I am surrounded by Cassava fields, and I clean my pool every 3 days, and there is no sand in it so I would suggest that you double check on where the sand comes from.

It comes from the beach around the pool, for sure :)

I tried an auto pool cleaner. It was quite expensive, but did not move as it should. The only thing I could deduce is that the suction that causes it to move was compromised by the grout channels between the tiles. I think the auto pool cleaner would work well on a pool that is not tiled.

• Like 1