EC and contraceptive

Freckles4205

Ok... So I had unprotected sex twice...The first time I took the morning after pill within 48 hours. The second time (A week after the last one) I took the morning after pill within 72 hours. Immediately after I took it the second time I began to bleed. Not heavy, not light. It's been 5 days of bleeding now. But I am not due my period for 9 days...Is this my period?

I planned to start taking the contraceptive pill but I'm not sure if this is my period or just a reaction to the morning after (name of morning after pill = madonna). Anyone know if I should start taking the contraceptive pill now or wait to see if my period comes on time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

And yes, I'm aware that I am stupid for even needing to take the EC twice within a month.

Best to consult a gynaecologist for this. In the mean time, suggest you wait for the bleeding to stop and get your cycle back to normal and then start taking a contraceptive pill. You do risk breakthrough bleeds or inadequate protection if you start taking contraceptive tablets now.

It is unadvisable to take EC twice so close together in time and will have messed up your cycle. Will take a month or more to get regular again...provided you are not already pregnant which is possible given that you took the EC days after the exposure. Best thing to do is to avoid all hormonal drugs until current bleeding has stopped and a regular period arrived (what you have now is due to the medication, cannot consider it a normal period) and use condoms in the interim(without fail!). In about a week or two take a pregnancy test just to be sure you aren't pregnant.