New Car Purchase

We purchased a new car the other week, as far as I'm aware the tax is already built into the new car cost, I think 7%,

on second hand cars I think it's also 7%, but the wife is trying to tell me that the second hand car tax can be avoided by paying for car in cash, without finance,, however I'm happy to be corrected on that

The new car price will include all taxes although a invoice/receipt may breakout the VAT tax in a subtotal. You will still need to pay registration.

some new car dealers will pay the registration. The one I used did and when I shopped around looking at cars all of them said they take care of it.

Edited by pmarlin

Bought a new Mazda 3 less than a year ago and the published price included VAT. Just a heads up, unlike other countries dealers do not usually give discounts off the published price BUT they will give freebies. Do your homework and see what accessories are available for your car and ask the dealer to include them in the price. I probably got around 50,000 baht of accessories free. Things like, all weather floor mats, aluminum pedal covers, door sill covers, window wind reflectors, cargo mat, car cover, free first years first class insurance and 3 free oil changes. Just keep pushing until they say no. Good luck