Briton fined Bt100 for walking naked in Bangkok on Songkran Day

Thaivisa News

"After the YouTube clip showing the young farang man walking with no cloth on went viral, police from the Chana Songkram police station went to inspect the scene late Monday night.

Pol Lt Somyos Udomraksasup, deputy commander of the Chana Songkram police station, told Daily News that police officers from his station found the man on Khaosarn Road at 11pm Monday.
The man appeared drunk and was spotted walking around with his shorts in his right hand and with nothing to imagination."
So, he was doing it again?
After the clip had been posted?

Maybe it was the reenactment, or does that come later? :)

Apparently it was a very small offence, deserving the very small fine.

It was! Pleasant surprise that for once law here was used appropriately, given how harsh punishments can be here for minor offences, when perp happens to be foreigner.

But this may not be end of it, I'm sure there will huge outcry from angry Thais in social media about how reasonable this punishment is, and law will take another look at this.

Remember how freaked out Thai social media was at the young foreign couple doing some yoga in a park not long ago.

Since last year there seems to be a wave of manufactured outrage in Thai social media against foreigners, and usually over very minor crimes.

Apparently it was a very small offence, deserving the very small fine.

It was! Pleasant surprise that for once law here was used appropriately, given how harsh punishments can be here for minor offences, when perp happens to be foreigner.

But this may not be end of it, I'm sure there will huge outcry from angry Thais in social media about how reasonable this punishment is, and law will take another look at this.

Remember how freaked out Thai social media was at the young foreign couple doing some yoga in a park not long ago.

Since last year there seems to be a wave of manufactured outrage in Thai social media against foreigners, and usually over very minor crimes.

Maybe due to the foreigners coming from "developed countries" and then behaving like imbeciles; the Thais have higher expectations of us.
  • Like 2

A three dollar fine for public for public drunk and indecency? Are you kidding me?

Thailand's great like that.

Massage - 150b

Oil Massage - 400b

Oil Massage and happiness - 700b

DVD's 100b

Latest computer games and software - 80-200b.

Walk around bollok a$s nekid - 100b fine.

Thailand > The West for many things. :D

Drink and drive and chance killing people 500 baht fine. Walk around with your nut sack hanging out 100 baht fine.

And most people are more disgusted with the 100 baht fine.

How many people were killed due to drunk driving over Songkran and how many did cock boy kill ?

• Like 1

Oh when is the thai immigration ever going to get strict about the type of tourists that come to thailand? Immigartion checks, financial pre-requisites etc should e put into place to get quality tourists and expats not garbage that we are having these days.

The Briton was told to put on his shorts and the officers fined him Bt100 for acting indecently in public place and released him.

That is very nasty, I am sure he wanted other songkran tourists to do that for him, not some men in uniform.

A three dollar fine for public for public drunk and indecency? Are you kidding me?

Nobody's kidding you... this is Bangkok, not Singapore.

If it was, he would have gotten a few strokes of the cane.

Maybe he needed a few strokes to lengthen the fine !

At least, while naked, he didn't shoot anyone in the leg with a dartcoffee1.gif

Maybe Thais now know how it feels to be charged more for something simple based on racebiggrin.png

They must have spent more than 100 baht in manpower to find this guy, so what was the point?

Let's all post on that Daily News facebook page to let them know our feelings.

Edited by DavisH

The BIB shouldn't be permitted to levy fines other than for laid down traffic offences, the official fines I mean.

I'm sure there's nothing in the BIB Imaginary Schedule of Fines that includes a naked foreigner on Songkran Day so where does Bt 100 come from ?

• Like 1