internet connection view talay 2

rickthailand

A or B?

B

I think your current options are DSL from whichever company you fancy, and cable broadband from Sophon. As far as I know B building will be switching from Sophon to TMN for their TV soon, and this will presumably be accompanied by the option of having cable broadband from TMN also.

All of them should work.

I use 3bb. I'm happy with it. Just ask if you have some particular question.

TMN? They offer all the channels i appreciate + Euronews. So, yes, Change to TMN.

i asked for 3bb but was told my floor is full so i have to think of another provider as the

internet they offer is so slow

i asked for 3bb but was told my floor is full so i have to think of another provider as the

Who exactly did you ask?

DSL is a totally independent connection from you to the exchange so how "full" your floor is cannot possibly make any difference to your connection speed. 3BB will provide the line to the building and the building will provide the internal wiring to your room, but there is no shortage of space for this.

My friends live there and they've been having bad problems for over a year now. Techs have been out numerous times.

I'm surprised. 3BB techs have always been spot on for me. Call them today and they fix it tomorrow, every time. They have a device that in most cases indicates to the metre exactly where the problem on the line is (assuming it is a line problem) and since my building ran a new internal cable to my room everything has been fine. Maybe your friends have another problem?

Who exactly did you ask?

DSL is a totally independent connection from you to the exchange so how "full" your floor is cannot possibly make any difference to your connection speed. 3BB will provide the line to the building and the building will provide the internal wiring to your room, but there is no shortage of space for this.

we contacted 3bb and they said fine and they contacted the office downstairs in the condo and the said that all 3bb connections on my floor were in use and later 3bb called me to say the same

Who exactly did you ask?

You are correct.

They provide you with a line, I had the same issue.It costs 1700 Baht. They do it just one month ago for me because i moved to another room.

My friends live there and they've been having bad problems for over a year now. Techs have been out numerous times.

I'm surprised. 3BB techs have always been spot on for me. Call them today and they fix it tomorrow, every time. They have a device that in most cases indicates to the metre exactly where the problem on the line is (assuming it is a line problem) and since my building ran a new internal cable to my room everything has been fine. Maybe your friends have another problem?

This is also correct. The service from 3bb has improved. I use 3bb since more then 6 years in VT2b and im quite satisfied.

"we contacted 3bb and they said fine and they contacted the office downstairs in the condo and the said that all 3bb connections on my floor were in use and later 3bb called me to say the same"

Speak with the manager (a women) at the reception. Ask her to contact 3bb and look for the solution. She did a great job and kept me up to date. Finally i gave her 300 Baht tip.

3bb will provide you with a new line. Then 3bb have to provide the house-technician with the pin-code. The technician then is able to activate the line to your condo. Speak with the reception.

I was exactly in the same situation. The management called 3bb and sorted it out.

Good luck.

Edited by alocacoc

I think there are some problems in the building. Quite a few there seem to be having issuess. According to my friends. I don't know who the internet company is, but I've been there two times when they stopped by to fix things. I thnk it's sopphon. And from what he's told me, this has been going on for quite some time. I'm pretty sure the entire building is handled by one vendor. Or at least it was a few months ago.

we contacted 3bb and they said fine and they contacted the office downstairs in the condo and the said that all 3bb connections on my floor were in use and later 3bb called me to say the same

Well, I've never heard of anything like that. What do they say about True DSL or TOT DSL? The internal wiring is the same.

(True have their own bizarre and nonsensical rule about not installing DSL above the 5th floor, not that they touch the lines inside the building anyway.)

I think there are some problems in the building. Quite a few there seem to be having issuess. According to my friends. I don't know who the internet company is, but I've been there two times when they stopped by to fix things. I thnk it's sopphon. And from what he's told me, this has been going on for quite some time. I'm pretty sure the entire building is handled by one vendor. Or at least it was a few months ago.

Ah, that sounds like Sophon cable broadband not DSL. The building coax cabling and/or the amplifiers and splitters are probably in bad condition, and Sophon probably dont want to fix it for free. I was with Sophon for a long time without problems but gave up with them when they installed a new routing system in my building a year or so ago, which involved changing all the modems. The new system never worked properly for me.

When TMN take over the cable TV supply your friends should also have the option of switching to TMN broadband, and of course private DSL (3BB, TOT etc) is one other alternative. I went from Sophon broadband to 3BB DSL.

so 3bb made a new line to your new room for 1.700 or the condo?

i will contact 3bb again to see what is happening?

rick

I had some difficulties to discuss the issue with 3bb directly. So i asked the office to contact 3bb and figure out what to do. Later i got informed that i need a new line.

The next day 3bb installed a new line. I can't say from where to where. They mention something about 40metres. I paid 1500 Baht for 3bb and 200 Baht to the management of VT2 for switch the signal to my new room. For that, 3bb must provide a pin code to the in-house technician.

That's all. As i wrote before, the reception downstairs was very helpful. Nice Service,

so 3bb made a new line to your new room for 1.700 or the condo?

i will contact 3bb again to see what is happening?

rick

I had some difficulties to discuss the issue with 3bb directly. So i asked the office to contact 3bb and figure out what to do. Later i got informed that i need a new line.

The next day 3bb installed a new line. I can't say from where to where. They mention something about 40metres. I paid 1500 Baht for 3bb and 200 Baht to the management of VT2 for switch the signal to my new room. For that, 3bb must provide a pin code to the in-house technician.

That's all. As i wrote before, the reception downstairs was very helpful. Nice Service,

thanks i will talk with the office and ask them to help me