Songkran is surreal but too short

Lite Beer

Songkhran has transmuted to a kiddish festival. It is aggression disguised in screaming laughter of the aggressors. As foreigner it is harder to bear than for a Thai, who will not be attacked if he signals it. Yet the foreigner gets the splash sharply right in his eyes. Riding a bike getting shot at by an oncoming vehicle is very painful, and I had again to do so many difficult manoeuvres on the bike that I am not surprised that lots die from the fun. When telling a Thai that over 50 people die per day they laugh out loud, oh well, I have another sense of fun. One needs to be a crazed teenager to see the fun in this derailed old cult. Low IQ recommended if wanting to enjoy it. I now move away from Pattaya for Songkhran, the stupidity is worst there. In Pai, Mae Hongsson, I however see that they start copying the madness of some falang cities, yet here you can be dug in in a nice hotel and enjoy the greenery and view during this foolish festival.

You must be the life of the party!

I was out on Silom on 13th for 5 hours.

No "aggression" whatsoever!

Ice water? Yes, a lot

But aggression- nope!

• Like 1

Thai Visa. The place where haters have to hate. This thread was set up perfectly for you and boy did you deliver.

Ever noticed posts are usually on the topic of the Thread ? Thank the Nation for setting up the moronic headline. The paper that loves to print useless drive.

Songkran is fine but any more than the 3 days is just unnecessary. Did it ever occur to you every day this kind of idiocy for fun is encouraged and allowed to extend just leads to more dead mums dads and children on the roads. ? no thought not.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

I stayed inside all day on Sunday to avoid the action , then I decided to stretch my legs and walk to a 7 eleven in soi Chaiyapruek around 8 PM. Big mistake , the party was not over in Jomtien.

First I was hit by a watergun , then when I walked back a big truck came up beside me and one of the kids shouted at me : "3 - 2- 1 farang dead". I was hit several times. I was so wet when I returned home that I had to change clothes.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

I stayed inside all day on Sunday to avoid the action , then I decided to stretch my legs and walk to a 7 eleven in soi Chaiyapruek around 8 PM. Big mistake , the party was not over in Jomtien.

First I was hit by a watergun , then when I walked back a big truck came up beside me and one of the kids shouted at me : "3 - 2- 1 farang dead". I was hit several times. I was so wet when I returned home that I had to change clothes.

Wow.

They really said Farang DEAD?

How common is that?

That's how I see the aggression here directed especially at foreigners at Songkran but that's so overt.

I knew better than to go out last night though!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thai Visa. The place where haters have to hate. This thread was set up perfectly for you and boy did you deliver.

Ever noticed posts are usually on the topic of the Thread ? Thank the Nation for setting up the moronic headline. The paper that loves to print useless drive.

Songkran is fine but any more than the 3 days is just unnecessary. Did it ever occur to you every day this kind of idiocy for fun is encouraged and allowed to extend just leads to more dead mums dads and children on the roads. ? no thought not.

You are aware that more people die on the roads in a normal week in Thailand than during Songkran. No thought not

Edited by Throatwobbler

Earth closest to sun for 2015 on January 4

http://earthsky.org/tonight/earth-comes-closest-to-sun-every-year-in-early-january

I am sorry to spoil Thailand's fun if Songkran is celebrated when the Earth/Thailand is closest to the sun.

Another Thai with a poor education and knowledge of astronomy. (astrology maybe )

Of course he could believe that Thailand orbits the sun differently to Earth, or maybe that the Sun orbits Thailand

If he had just said Songkran is celebrated in one of Thailand's hottest months he could he retained some credability