Five men arrested in relation to alleged Anzac day terrorism plot in Victoria

Lite Beer

We are better than they are in every way. To demonstrate this just examine how western nations treat their citizens compared to how Islamic states treat theirs. Islam is completely incompatible with western style democracies, even half of Canadian Muslims recently polled agree with this statement. To paraphrase Nicolas Sennels, the west can triumph in this clash of civilizations, but would certainly lose some of its ideals in order to do so. To this extent you have a point, but to passively hope for the best will IMHO result in the end of liberal democracy as we know it. In other words there is no choice other than to eradicate Islam as a political ideology in all places where democracy is the model for society.

You wouldn't be a democracy then would you?

You can eliminate a death cult from a democratic society

Don't disagree. Challenging, but don't disagree. Given the OP, if found guilty (stupid me, I believe in due process), I don't care if they get locked up for good.

But anyone who speaks about eliminating forms of political expression make me wonder. I actually wonder if they believe in democracy. The point is to have strong institutions that can handle divergent views. Otherwise, we are no better than ISIS.

You wouldn't be a democracy then would you?

You can eliminate a death cult from a democratic society

Don't disagree. Challenging, but don't disagree. Given the OP, if found guilty (stupid me, I believe in due process), I don't care if they get locked up for good.

But anyone who speaks about eliminating forms of political expression make me wonder. I actually wonder if they believe in democracy. The point is to have strong institutions that can handle divergent views. Otherwise, we are no better than ISIS.

Divergent views; OK. Freedom of political expression; OK. BUT there need to be limits, just as the freedom of speech does not extend to yelling fire in a crowded theater so must limts be imposed on political systems which are clearly not in the interests of the vast majority. Sharia in islamic states, no problem if they want it. Sharia in western countries, no way in any shape or form and must be resisted by all available means.

• Like 2

Lee Kwan Yew, one of the great political leaders of the 20th century, believed that peasants can't be given too many freedoms, and since 90%+ of the population have the mentality of peasants, they need to be told how to run their lives. If divergent views and freedom of political expression fall within the parameters of things that should be, or need to be controlled, then they should be so.

I have no problem with benevolent dictators, and limits on what people can and can't do if it is for the greater good. Only those who wish to step outside the norms of society will have objection.

• Like 1

Divergent views; OK. Freedom of political expression; OK. BUT there need to be limits, just as the freedom of speech does not extend to yelling fire in a crowded theater so must limts be imposed on political systems which are clearly not in the interests of the vast majority. Sharia in islamic states, no problem if they want it. Sharia in western countries, no way in any shape or form and must be resisted by all available means.

To be honest, in the Australian political context, I think we have more danger of having legislation passed by bible bashing tub thumpers than we do with Sharia. We seem to be getting more of those types of nutbags elected to the upper houses with each election.

But to be clear (lest I give my fan boys a chance), anything which gets in the way of secular law making I oppose.

• Like 2

Boy, 14, from Blackburn held over Australia 'terror plot'

MANCHESTER: -- A 14-year-old boy from Blackburn has been arrested over an alleged terror plot in Australia, Greater Manchester Police have said.

It comes days after Australian police arrested five teenagers in Melbourne over alleged plans to target police at a World War One centenary event.

Police said the men were planning to target officers during an Anzac memorial on 25 April.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-32379812

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2015-04-20

Boy, 14, from Blackburn held over Australia 'terror plot'

MANCHESTER: -- A 14-year-old boy from Blackburn has been arrested over an alleged terror plot in Australia, Greater Manchester Police have said.

It comes days after Australian police arrested five teenagers in Melbourne over alleged plans to target police at a World War One centenary event.

Police said the men were planning to target officers during an Anzac memorial on 25 April.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-32379812

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC 2015-04-20

A further indicator that these atrocities are not just linked to localised nutjobs.

This article is completely cleansed of the fact that the teens are probably Muslim. Australia has a serious problem with radicalized Muslim youth, a direct consequence of its lax immigration policy.

In Hallam 14.4% of the population is muslim. In Hampton park 11.3% are muslim.(Combined total of 25.7%) Both suburbs are connected just a line on the map (one side of the road is Hallam and the other Hampton Park) and form part of the City of Casey. There are 6 Mosques in the area.

45% of the population were born in Australia and 46.5% speak english.

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/melbourne-terror-plot-raids-live-coverage/story-fnii5sms-1227309151268

Some public members on the media have already alleged that the police are targeting muslims and these arrests are racist unjustified and an attack on Islam.

You seem to think that 14.4% of one area plus 11.3% of another area = 25.7% total.....

A 3rd scrotebag has now been charged.

Police in Australia have charged a third teenager with terrorism-related offences following raids in Melbourne at the weekend.

The 18-year-old, Harun Causevic, had been held on a preventative detention order but was released on Monday night and then re-arrested.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-32390798

Once of the five teenagers arrested has since complained of mistreatment during the raids.

Some of the men's families have also accused the police of using excessive force.

That's about the size of it. Planning an atrocity and then complaining about Police brutality.

Further revelations from the BBC

An Islamic centre in Australia, attended by two teenagers charged with terrorism-related offences, has closed its doors.

The al-Furqan Islamic centre in south-west Melbourne said it believed that it was the best course of action given the "pressure" it had received.

On Tuesday, Victoria Police Assistant Commissioner Stephen Fontana said that al-Furqan had come to its attention among other centres.

"It's more about some of the individuals who are opening up or trying to influence these young people, they are the people of real concern," he said, as quoted by ABC News.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-32424814

Keep going Australia. Halt it while you still have the chance.

Further revelations from the BBC

An Islamic centre in Australia, attended by two teenagers charged with terrorism-related offences, has closed its doors.

The al-Furqan Islamic centre in south-west Melbourne said it believed that it was the best course of action given the "pressure" it had received.

On Tuesday, Victoria Police Assistant Commissioner Stephen Fontana said that al-Furqan had come to its attention among other centres.

"It's more about some of the individuals who are opening up or trying to influence these young people, they are the people of real concern," he said, as quoted by ABC News.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-32424814

Keep going Australia. Halt it while you still have the chance.

I really hope so. We need to make sure that our pollies grow a couple and keep them. You only have to listen to that ratbag Greenie, Sarah Hanson-Young, she is a treasonous person and should be treated as such. She's always criticising the government for stopping the boats and saving many lives, despite her being one of those responsible for the boats coming in the first place and continued to allow them to come despite over one thousand persons, men, women and children, drowning at sea.

Then there are the militants and criminals, who slipped in under the guise of refugees. (Illegals) What a wonderful Australian she is. I think not. The people who voted for her in SA ought to take a long hard look at themselves and any one else who thinks she's the bee's knees.

In so far as these Islamic centres, they need to be cleaned out and the radical preachers sent packing back to where they came from but keep a couple running just so the authorities will be able to keep a tab on the ratbags who go there to enhance their hatred of their adopted country and the west. Australia must learn from the mistakes made by the English pollies, who have done a pretty good job on destroying a lot of that wonderful English Culture.

The distance we are from the trouble spots overseas used to help us but now the mongrels are being bred at home and at a rate that the Anglo Saxon population cannot keep up with. And doing so whilst in receipt of government benefits. You only have to check out certain suburbs where you will see them and know that many wouldn't work in an iron lung. (And that works for you)

Edited by Si Thea01
  • Like 1

You'd think the BBC could get its geography right. The bookshop is in springvale, in SE Melbourne. Not south west. Interestingly, for the people who have never visited the place, the Springvale is the heart of Vietnamese and Cambodian communities. Great place to go to lunch and shop on a Saturday. Down the road from one of Australia's biggest universities.

Indeed the bookshop will now shut and just put these <snip> underground. Makes the coppers job harder perhaps.

And if they fail, we have the TV brigade to go and give them heck. Where these boys were in Melbourne outer South East. The turn off from the M1 is well suited name that these guys should remember given it suits them to a tee.

post-441-0-90134500-1429778296_thumb.jpe

Edited by Jai Dee
derogatory reference removed
  • Like 1

Another piece on the '' Bookshop '' from 2012

The Al-Furqan centre is host to a religious instruction school which also hosts lectures and discussions about Islam.

They also appear to be involved in collecting funding for the conflict in Syria, where mainly Sunni rebels are fighting against the Shia-backed regime of Bashar al Assad.

Community sources said those associated with the centre were regarded as 'fringe dwellers' by Melbourne's mainstream Islamic organisations and were known to court controversial views

http://www.smh.com.au/national/what-is-the-alfurqan-centre-20120912-25sj3.html

It is also the '' Bookshop '' where 2 of the scrotebags in the OP were exchanging Playboy terrorist ideals.