Canadian Protests Against Thailand Kfc

sriracha john

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me as one of those people who does not think about the welfare of chickens. I save my concern for people.

Also, they don't slit the throats of chickens (She's thinking about pigs). They just whack their head off with a cleaver. Quick and fast.

Not quite true in the UK. There they are hung by their feet, upside down on a moving conveyor. The head enters a large vat of water which is electrically charged so that they are stunned, not necessarily killed at this stage. They then move onto a machine which slits the throat and the blood drains out of the body. The remainder of the process is fairly gory but they are dead by then.

Not quite true in the UK. There they are hung by their feet, upside down on a moving conveyor. The head enters a large vat of water which is electrically charged so that they are stunned, not necessarily killed at this stage. They then move onto a machine which slits the throat and the blood drains out of the body.

Sounds like the interrogation process at Gitmo! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Why is she half naked

my thoughts exactly

You gotta love the little farang girls when they are 20, naive and still think the world works in gentle ways.

what does this have to do with being farang?

She is naked because she can do it and it brings notice to her cause.

Its amazing that there has been no uproar about her displaying her body and it being demeaning and she is being used as a piece of meat.

But if say a male poster put up a picture of a Thai girl on stage with a number on her shoulder there would be a huge uproar.

gogo dancer/stripper vs animal rights activist. Am i correct in interpreting your comment to mean to you they are the same thing?

come on man, do you beleive that, or did you just not think before posting?

I also dont really think she is good looking, but i do have pretty high standards.

<snip>

/Mod Edit - inappropriate comment deleted.

Should of given her a drug test
We used to have chicken when i was a kid, we just grabbed them by the throat and break there necks

have you been drinking all day?

Why is she half naked

my thoughts exactly

You gotta love the little farang girls when they are 20, naive and still think the world works in gentle ways.

Its amazing that there has been no uproar about her displaying her body and it being demeaning and she is being used as a piece of meat.

But if say a male poster put up a picture of a Thai girl on stage with a number on her shoulder there would be a huge uproar.

gogo dancer/stripper vs animal rights activist. Am i correct in interpreting your comment to mean to you they are the same thing?

O.K I will spell it out for the slow..We are talking about the picture. A girl fighting for the rights of her feathered friend. While a picture of girl say dancing/working/What ever in similar attire would have some in an uproar.. Very easy.. Both using their bodies in some way but which is more demeaning and is it not a point of view?

Now who was not thinking me or you?

Edited by Minburi

I think she looks rather fetching. Especially in that little cage. Bit of a lost business opportunity to sell a few tubes of skin whitening product to gullible local girls though, imho. :o

PETA is reknowned for their shock tactics and silly publicity stunts. If they were jumping in front of Japanese harpoons and savage poachers in some Sumatran jungle; saving some endangered species then I'd be more positive in my opinions. There isn't a lot of publicity and glamour in jungles though.

makes me proud to be canadian
my fellow canadian folk
Why is she half naked

my thoughts exactly

O.K I will spell it out for the slow..We are talking about the picture. A girl fighting for the rights of her feathered friend. While a picture of girl say dancing/working/What ever in similar attire would have some in an uproar.. Very easy.. Both using their bodies in some way but which is more demeaning and is it not a point of view?

Overheard this funny joke the other week and wanted to share it...

"So these two Canadian guys are standing on a busy sidewalk arguing over a Canadian woman when the one Canadian guy says to the other one, "Hey, you ........ "

oh geez...., wait a sec....

sorry...

this was supposed to be meant for posting on the other joke forum...

I'm very sorry for the error...

I'll have finish it up over there.

:o

Why is she half naked

my thoughts exactly

and still i cannot see how you can equate a university educated animal rights activist pulling a calculated publicity stunt -- a successful one if you judge by the local and international coverage it received -- while wearing a bathing suit with a 3rd world sex worker actively engaged in, yes, you guessed it, sex work, as captured by some git who smuggled a camera into patpong.

first of all the appearance of ms fruno's picture in the media was volitional. Chances are this hypothetical patpong girl would not have asked to appear on the cover of the bangkok post while proudly sporting her pasties an number.

see, there are those among us who can view these pictures while admitting they have two completely different contexts.

that said, from some of the comments on here, many are unable to distinguish the difference.

This poor whacko needs attention is all. I bet she is sitting in her condo right now reading these posts eating a bucket of poor tortured finger lickin chicken!!

Seriously though, i would expect to be arrested for something like this in thailand. If she was.."som nam naaa" is all i gotta say :o

Im hungry whats that delivery number again...

This poor whacko needs attention is all. I bet she is sitting in her condo right now reading these posts eating a bucket of poor tortured finger lickin chicken!!

She is probably packing her cage for her next destination...perhaps .....Signapore....Australia. Im sure PETA has her on a world tour.

She is probably packing her cage for her next destination...perhaps .....Signapore....Australia. Im sure PETA has her on a world tour.

Reading the article from Post #52 reveals their travel plans. :o

Good on her, I say.

Greenpeace figured out early on that drawing attention to the issue requires media savvy. If that means sensationalizing things, so be it.

While I don't care for PETA that much, I believe that these special interest groups represent the thin edge of the wedge. I do think there are real concerns with how food is processed these days including mass chicken farming and genetically modified foods.

Just like I don't want to buy clothes or shoes that are manufactured in sweatshops where workers are brutalized or intimidated, I rather than eat meat that has been raised is sub standard conditions. It's a question of sustainability.

I do think there are real concerns with how food is processed these days including mass chicken farming and genetically modified foods.

Just like I don't want to buy clothes or shoes that are manufactured in sweatshops where workers are brutalized or intimidated, I rather than eat meat that has been raised is sub standard conditions. It's a question of sustainability.

Merlin,

Quiet a reach there, equating genetic modification and mass farming to a human sweatshop......

When you are talking of chickens, remember this is one of the few who can run around for up to 5 minutes without a head! That's right there is little connection between the Brain and the body on this one........

Mass farming as you call it has brought both negative and positive to chicken production, where the positive outweighs the negative.

Genetic modification, well the jury is out but I notice that farm yields are on the rise where genetic modification is used. Again there are negatives and positives and to date the positives outweigh the negative.

Just my opinion though. :o

PETA did swing by Singapore late last year. 3 stunning blonds strutting down a a busy shopping street in nothing more than bikinis made from stringing pieces of lettuce, cabbage and other leafy veggies. Their message : give up eating meat and start being a vegetarian. OK I was game, I said, only if they led by example and started by eating what they were wearing. Then someone called the cops and the girls were last seen in bath towels geting into a taxi. I think PETA is a front for backpacking aspiring actors.