Whats the difference between a plant and a tree and a chicken and a cow

farmerjo

Its very frustrating seeing a lot of knowledge lost in the farming forum purely from irrelevent topics beimg allowed to be raised.

Please there is a difference from a house owner running a few chickens to a proper project raising thousands.

And its not just chickens,its plants and trees etc.

The lucky ones in this forum have pinned topics,for the rest we have to scramble thru what s really applicable to other forums.

Really no disrespect but i'm sick of.

For example how does living near a rice field have the slightest meaning to FARMING.

A rule of of thumb one would think is a farmer,full on or hobby would have at least 10 rai.

So i would of thought a farm classifieds would be important for people to buy and sell machiney and produce.

Also pinned topics on horticulture,grains,beef and dairy,

Anything that doesn't fit that criteria goes to other forums

I'm sure with such an successful forum we have mods with actual proper farming backgrounds capable of sorting the shit from the clay.

Well?

well i have to dissagree,

we only have 2 rai, and we have a very sucsesfull pigs farm, we buy them in as piglets and bring them on to market wieght,

i buy my feed wholesale direct from the mill at cost,

we sell duck eggs every day,

a few cat fish every 3 months,

you dont have to have loads of land to make a bit of money, if farmings in your blood as it is mine, my family have been farming and still are for 4 generations, so it was the right thing for me to do here,

i look at it this way, the more land you have the more work your BUYING,

but if this is what the farming forum is coming to ill leave you to it, ive been a member on here for years and contributed and helped people all i could,

we are all here trying to live the happy live, some say its not all about money, i for one am one of them

its the quality of life i have here that matters to me, not whos got the most land or whos got the biggest tractor, farming forum isnt a pissing contest,

now i sugest you wind your neck in and get on with planting your corn, if the rain ever comes,,lol

Your right its not a contest,its about getting a good history for viewers sorted into the right areas.

You just described yourself as a organic,smallholding and kitchen farmer.

So why are you not posting there,get my drift.

so your saying your the big farmer,?lol

start your own forum with all your other big farmer friends, this has been a great farming section for years, big farmers like you, and small little farmers like me

get my drift,,

if you dont like it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,go

• Like 1

so your saying your the big farmer,?lol

start your own forum with all your other big farmer friends, this has been a great farming section for years, big farmers like you, and small little farmers like me

get my drift,,

if you dont like it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,go

What i'm saying is maybe a poultry pinned thread is in orderthumbsup.gif

Along with a revamp of a few pinned topics to fit like the above in.

I agree with Pigeonjake and i appreciate and respect Shaggy trying to keep the peace but I do not own any property (in my name in LOS ). I grew up farming and i have spent most of my working life in horticulture and allied industries such as business management, land management, ecology,landscape design and so on. I may not contribute a lot anymore since a similar post a few years ago abut not wanting horticultural subjects included in farming and it appears that it is telling me to F--- off as we do not want anybody who is not in the clique. Maybe i take offence too easily but the Farming Forum is great the way it is - for everybody .But if the intention is , because we are not land owners, or big enough land owner , then make it clear we are not welcome and be done with it. Just my thoughts on the subject.

• Like 1

I agree with Pigeonjake and i appreciate and respect Shaggy trying to keep the peace but I do not own any property (in my name in LOS ). I grew up farming and i have spent most of my working life in horticulture and allied industries such as business management, land management, ecology,landscape design and so on. I may not contribute a lot anymore since a similar post a few years ago abut not wanting horticultural subjects included in farming and it appears that it is telling me to F--- off as we do not want anybody who is not in the clique. Maybe i take offence too easily but the Farming Forum is great the way it is - for everybody .But if the intention is , because we are not land owners, or big enough land owner , then make it clear we are not welcome and be done with it. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Well said Xen....thumbsup.gif

I am in the same" boat as you" having done many of the same things as you... I have even milked a few cows in my time too! tongue.png

When it comes to growing plants, it all has a common thread, whether it be vegetables or ornamental plants..... same principles apply, whether it is a small farm holding or thousands of Rai / acres/ or hectares .... also whether it is in Thailand or any other part of the world.... it's a case of adapting to local conditions.... one plant or thousands! wink.png

• Like 1