Apply for non-O for retirement in Ventiane US citizen

My wife a 67 year old American citizen plans to apply for her Non-O at the Thai Embassy in Vientiane. The Vientiane consular web page for requirements states:

"For the purpose of long-stay retirement...documents required:

CV

Affidavit from US ACS for income

Recent police clearance

Medical certification"

We were not aware of the police and medical certificate requirements.

Two questions

1. Are these two documents required?

2. If so, how does one get policw clearance if you have resided in The Kingdom for the past 9 years?

My sincere thanks for any clarification or recent reports you may be able to offer.

All that is needed is her passport to prove her age and the income affidavit to apply for a single entry non-o visa.

A medical and police certificate is not needed. Info on website is for a Laotian or resident to get a OA visa.

Edit: Be sure and just attach a copy of the income affidavit to the visa application form. Then show them the original so she can use the affidavit when she applies for the extension.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

That information is for Laos citizens wishing to apply for an O/A (long stay) visa. Such a visa will not be available to your wife.

She should apply for a 90 visa which will be granted if she can demonstrate adequate finances or , If you are on an extension of stay based on retirement by showing copies of your passport/extension stamps.

Once acquired the "O" visa can be used to apply for an extension of stay based on Retirement or Dependency.

Edited by nzexpat
  • Like 1

I done the police check at my local immigration office which I needed to recieve my yellow house book .. If you really need police check which I don't think you do as others said just apply for the 90 day non immi O visa

• Like 1