No.1 favorite song hands down

Stan42

No more subtle hints, no games, no multiple choices, no specific genres or themes. Hands down, you have 1 vote and one vote only. Read this text, take some time to think about it, then post in all honesty your favorite song of all time.

I shall post mine after sufficient people have replied.guitar.gif

American Pie by Don McLean.

Has many intriguing layers to it, differing tempos, cryptic references, a touch of mystery surrounds it, great hooks.

BTW, I thought the video of Madonna's version contained great images.

Comfortably Numb...especially cool with Eddie Vedder

The first time I saw this video I thought it was lame....still do. Roger Waters obviously can't carry a tune these days so he employs a stand-in while he looks on, ridiculously waving his arms in some sort of faux conductor mannerism. I love the song, mostly like Eddie Vedder, just don't like this video.

Eddie Vedder has a lot of these "guest vocalist" videos making the rounds. One of the better ones, IMO, is his vocals on The Waiting with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Comfortably Numb...especially cool with Eddie Vedder

The first time I saw this video I thought it was lame....still do. Roger Waters obviously can't carry a tune these days so he employs a stand-in while he looks on, ridiculously waving his arms in some sort of faux conductor mannerism. I love the song, mostly like Eddie Vedder, just don't like this video.

Eddie Vedder has a lot of these "guest vocalist" videos making the rounds. One of the better ones, IMO, is his vocals on The Waiting with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

I've seen PInk Floyd perform that tune countless times. This one was unique because of Eddie Vedder and the dude really did try to maintain the integrity of that song rather than putting too much of his own nuances on it. Love the guitar solo(s) on that song.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived