Where I can have a signature "certified" or "notarized" in Phuket

gppower

There are no notaries public in Thailand, some lawyers are given the authority to function as Notarial Services Attorney in the country. In Thailand, it is the Lawyers Council of Thailand which regulates the practice of notarial services in the State. A Thai lawyer is required to be registered as a Notarial Services Attorney.

Just Google a Lawyer in your area and check the website to see if they have a suitable Lawyer (Attorney) approved by the Lawyers Council of Thailand. I live in Rawai and there are 3 practices that can perform Notarial Services.

Hope this is of help.

• 1 year later...
On 21/04/2015 at 6:14 PM, McFarang said:

There are no notaries public in Thailand, some lawyers are given the authority to function as Notarial Services Attorney in the country. In Thailand, it is the Lawyers Council of Thailand which regulates the practice of notarial services in the State. A Thai lawyer is required to be registered as a Notarial Services Attorney.

Just Google a Lawyer in your area and check the website to see if they have a suitable Lawyer (Attorney) approved by the Lawyers Council of Thailand. I live in Rawai and there are 3 practices that can perform Notarial Services.

Hope this is of help.

Hi McFarang, i need a Notarial Services Attorney in Rawai. Any chance you could tell me where the three in Rawai are? Google isn't being much help!

10 hours ago, Mover1 said:

Hi McFarang, i need a Notarial Services Attorney in Rawai. Any chance you could tell me where the three in Rawai are? Google isn't being much help!

Bear in mind that (as mentioned upthread) any Thai police officer can certify a signature and act as a witness. The problem is that most of them don't know that they can do it and are nervous about putting their John Hancock on stuff.

Notary Publics are usually only certified for the jurisdiction in which they practice (I stand to be corrected on this), so depending on the type of document you will probably actually need a "certified correct translation" stamp or similar from a registered translation business with signature of the translator and company stamp, you can get that endorsed by any lawyer if you wish but they charge like a raging bull for doing it and it's not really worth it in most cases. There are a few such businesses on Phuket.

HTH.

• 3 weeks later...