Anti-fracking protesters rally at US Embassy in Bangkok

webfact

So, the big question, did they actually hit oil or gas ?

Doh, yeah!

Nothing is done without a profit in the oil industry and fracturing isn't exactly cheap.

The field outside Phitsanuluk is producing 30,000 bbls/day, most of course is legacy production from old wells.

According to the OP, this well was drilled in Khon Kaen, some way from Phitsanulok or any of the other Thai onshore oilfields I've heard about.

Oh, and the company denies having fracked it, why would they try to if it had been a dry hole ?

Hence my question ... nothing "Doh" about it, just interested. wai2.gif

So, the big question, did they actually hit oil or gas ?

Doh, yeah!

Nothing is done without a profit in the oil industry and fracturing isn't exactly cheap.

The field outside Phitsanuluk is producing 30,000 bbls/day, most of course is legacy production from old wells.

According to the OP, this well was drilled in Khon Kaen, some way from Phitsanulok or any of the other Thai onshore oilfields I've heard about.

Oh, and the company denies having fracked it, why would they try to if it had been a dry hole ?

Hence my question ... nothing "Doh" about it, just interested. wai2.gif

I will take my Doh back, if it made you choke on your breakfast.

I know of 3 dry holes drilled in 2007 around Udon Thani, so it is very possible the Khon Kaen well was a marginal well. From memory, Shell also use to operate a field around Khon Kaen, but sold it long time ago.

I once pumped a $500,000 frac in a dry well in South America because the operator so strongly believed there must be oil down there. The well was still dry after the frac.

I will give you a copy of my book if you are interested.

Fracking is not a good thing. Please show us you care about thais and ban it Mr Prayut

Hydraulic fracturing is the best thing ever and I have actually done about 500 fracs around the world, but hey if you want $100 oil, be my guest. We could also make it an even $200 just for you.

I lived 10 years in the county in Texas where Fracking was invented ... Wise County - north of Fort Worth Texas. There were 4000 gas and some oil wells in my county when I left in 2014... Same for Tarrant County (Fort Worth) and again same for the combined counties of Johnson and Parker. Problems are minor with 12,000 wells ... many in a urban environment.

Fracking is hated because of exaggerated and embellished HYPE mostly done by the greenies. The movie on that subject was pure fabrication ... a total lie. I am not in the gas and oil business and receive not one BAHT from it.

Done correctly Fracking does not intrude on anyone... And this technology has made America almost energy independent. Thailand could become the richest S.E.A Nation eclipsing Singapore at some point But false propaganda is what it is...

In America, land owners become rich - very rich from the gas and oil taken from deep under their land - royalties. The main source of false complaints came from - guess who - those who didn't own land ...they wanted by lawsuit a piece of the pie. So they made up preposterous stories to try to get to civil court. And told lies to the movie makers.

And the flaming tap water from a home in a fracking area ? Was that a special effect ?

That's not down to fracking. I saw the programe that disproved it.

Fracking is an environmental disaster waiting to happen, so much so that the politicians were paid by the oil companies to pass a law so that they do not have to publish the horrible cocktails of shit they use.

Edited by Chicog