Army demolition team called-in as Pattaya Hotel Demolition saga continues

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is even more stupid is even thinking about knocking walls out at the bottom any multi storey building in a 3rd world country...Knocking a nail in to hang a picture would be taking a chance...

There are no such things as building regs, surely ? Or Condos would have balcony railings that are at least 9 inches higher...

It is sort of like their understanding of water flow cheesy.gif

Why in the world would you demolish the ground floor, it the problem is the 8th through 13th floors w00t.gif

Well if you wreck the ground floor ,,,,,the rest will fall down for sure,,, this is built in Thailand Say No More,,, thumbsup.gif

What is even more stupid is even thinking about knocking walls out at the bottom any multi storey building in a 3rd world country...Knocking a nail in to hang a picture would be taking a chance...

There are no such things as building regs, surely ? Or Condos would have balcony railings that are at least 9 inches higher...

You're absolutely right. Last year someone was critical of the fact that I suggested safety rails should be high enough for average height users - mostly us farangs. After all, a safety rail needs to hold you back, not act as a pivot to ensure you'll keep going!

A bit like door frames in many Indonesian homes; They're fitted by a carpenter/ builder who is about 150cm tall, and wonders why the rest of the world lose their heads.

Same goes for signs and control boxes. There's some beauties in Chiang Mai, all around 175cm off the ground.

There was a department store in Bangkok like that. They had permission to build, I think it was, a three-story building, and then built either five or seven stories, I don't remember the details. The municipal administration got the courts to issue orders to demolish the place fifteen or twenty times over about thirty years. The owner never did. Some rich influential guy. IIRC the building finally collapsed by itself, killing one or two people.

They're obviously demolishing the hotel from the ground floor up. What could possibly go wrong!

Witty I suppose, but if you observe the way such buildings are constructed then you'd see that the infill to the reinforced concrete beam structure probably isn't supporting anything.

I doubt that the authorities want to take on the cost of full demolition and site clearance unless they have access to the developer's funds, so presumably it is just a show with the intention of rendering the building unusable.

Sorry, I haven't read all the posts as there are so many Thai haters seemingly trapped here that it's just not worth it any more.

Local authoroties couldn't get the "things" done and finished while tooo much involved into the corruption that this act of building has for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So better somebody out of Pattaya is forcing the demolishing and the locals can still keep their hands clean and open for the next!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Thailand, hehhehehe

you can learn a lot for your own country here!

As a contractor, it looks to me like they just punched a few holes in

non load bearing walls. Whether it was to make a point or to speed

up tea money is a matter of speculation .Think I will drive by the place

and take a look, should be good for a laugh....

My understanding of gravity is that if you demolish the ground floor, it is likely that all the other floors will come tumbling down?

No, because they just destroyed some walls, not the columns who are the structure of buildings in Thailand

149.jpg

148.jpg

147.jpg

146.jpg

Edit: When finished, it could looks like this one being destroyed near Marine Disco; Structure only :

153.jpg

Edited by Pattaya46

Those photos are funnier than hell. Punch in a bunch of holes in non load bearing

walls ? Those could all be fixed in a week. Pretty sure this is part of some cunning

master plan, where it looks like something is being done but really is not. I noticed

that not a single window was broken.......cheesy.gif More difficult to and expensive to

repair. This story will do the Thai fade away, the holes will be patched up in

three months, and the hotel will quietly reopen under a different name......

// Pretty sure this is part of some cunning master plan,

where it looks like something is being done but really is not.

I noticed that not a single window was broken.......cheesy.gif //

Why slandering Pattaya City when clearly they make a good job on this case ?

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about and didn't see what they are doing.

This morning there were at least 20 workers on the place, making holes bigger and emptying rooms.

For your information, yes they have started removing windows, and cutting big water pipes too.

They certainly will not stop before it's ended now smile.png

// Pretty sure this is part of some cunning master plan,

where it looks like something is being done but really is not.

I noticed that not a single window was broken.......cheesy.gif //

Why slandering Pattaya City when clearly they make a good job on this case ?

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about and didn't see what they are doing.

This morning there were at least 20 workers on the place, making holes bigger and emptying rooms.

For your information, yes they have started removing windows, and cutting big water pipes too.

They certainly will not stop before it's ended now smile.png

Yes, what was I thinking, impugning the reputation of a city run by the son of

the Godfather of Chonburi..... Just to amuse myself, I will take a drive by

today to verify if a crew is doing an actual demolition of the place, or just

continuing to punch holes in non load bearing walls.

• 10 months later...